The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking here for quite a while and have been really inspired by all of your amazing journeys. Each of you have given me so much hope in believing that me and my partner will have a baby one day...

As for my story...
DF has 3 children from his ex and had his op done when he was in his late twenties and he had the VR done in October 2011. The follow up SA we had done was bad news, only 2 sperm were seen at 4 months post VR..needless to say we are devastated :(
We have had a few consultations with Surgeons/doctors and have decided the best option for us would be ICSI and IVF...the only problems is knowing where is best to go for this treatment. We are based in the South East near London. Do any of you have suggestions/recommendations on where to get treatment?
This has been a very stressful and emotional time for us both, DF is desperate for us to have a baby, and is willing to do anything to help have this happen. I am very lucky that I am stepmum to 3 amazing children who live with us full time, but having a baby would be such bonus to our family and we all really want this. I would really appreciate any help or suggestions you might have and wish all of you the best with your journeys. It is so comforting knowing there are other people out there who understand what it's like to be going through this. :)

Welcome hun :wave:

Sorry to hear the VR didn't go as planned :hugs: Good that you've got options to explore though.

I don't know much about where to look for the treatments you mention, I'm sure some of the other ladies on here can help though :thumbup:

All the best!

Welcome to the group! Sorry to hear the VR wasn't successful :(. Good luck with your ICSI journey! I can't help either I'm afraid - I'm up in Scotland so not too sure of the clinics down in London. Have you tried asking on the assisted conception board? There'll probably be ladies on there that have experience of clinics in London.

Babydust!

Hi ladies,

Not sure if it's okay for me to join you all or not but.... OH and I are just saving for a VR at the moment. Feels like a long painful process of waiting. I find it VERY sad that things arent covered. I wish there was more funding for something like this.
Hope you ladies dont mind if I join in as I hope to soon be on the same pages as all of you. Just looking for a good group of ladies who are supportive and understanding!

Welcome ladies! I'm sure u'll find all the support u need here! It's such a long and emotional process that it's good to have people who understand what your going through.

Babyhope our vr wasn't successful either. I'm opting towards iui with donor sperm first before icsi just to give us more options.

Welcome to the group Want2be! Many of us joined this board in the early stages of planning a VR so don't feel you're "out of place" because you're in the planning stage. Good luck on your TTC journey!

Babydust!

Hi ladies,

Not sure if it's okay for me to join you all or not but.... OH and I are just saving for a VR at the moment. Feels like a long painful process of waiting. I find it VERY sad that things arent covered. I wish there was more funding for something like this.
Hope you ladies dont mind if I join in as I hope to soon be on the same pages as all of you. Just looking for a good group of ladies who are supportive and understanding!

:wave:

Of course you can join :) As chatty said many have come here during the planning process. I wish I'd known of somewhere like this when we were at that stage, we could have made a more informed choice about who to go to for the op.

All the best :hugs:

Welcome Babyhope and Want2be :)

Sorry the VR didn't work out Babyhope, I hope your ICSI journey is successful. I don't have experience of London clinics, but Lister is one that I hear of a lot. Have a look at the assisted conception section of the forum, there is bound to be some London girls on there.

Good luck for the VR want2be, course we don't mind you joining now. We've all been through the process so should be able to answer any questions you have :)

Thanks for the warm welcome girls...and for your advice to check out the assisted conception forum :)

want2beamamma hope everything goes well with the VR...I wish I had known about this forum when we were going through our VR...the ladies on here have a wealth of knowledge and if I can help, just let me know :)

Welcome BabyHope2012:hi:

We are in the US but we are moving forward to ICSI as well. :hugs: I'm sorry the VR didn't work. Did you have DH on vitamins? We were told that DH should had been on vitamins three months before his VR to restart his system. Our SA's have been all over the place so we are going to freeze some just in case. Good luck to you! :dust:

Welcome Want2beamomma :hi:

Good luck on this journey! There are many ladies here that can help you through this. It is sad that insurance doesn't cover a procedure like this. We saved up too and now we are saving up for IVF. But it will be all worth it when you have your bundle of joy in your arms. Good luck to you! :dust:

Many of the private hospitals here also do a repayment plan where you get the op done and pay X amount back a month. Might be worth looking in to?

Wow! SO tired!! One of my maiden girls decided to go onto labour at midnight .... So far we have 4 healthy kittens (although one gave me a bit of a fright!) I think we still have another 1 or 2 to come. Very proud of my girl!

Guess I'll be sleeping tomorrow!! :)

Thanks HappyBunnyAB! DF has been on vitamins and supplements since the VR but wasn't on them beforehand. Wishing you all the best with your ICSI treatment :flower:

ChattyB Aww, kittens congrats!

We're sort of in the same position. My OH's SA showed 0% sperm :growlmad:

So we're now booked in for a biopsy on tuesday next week and for a "check-up" on me at the same time.
Hopefully they could proceed with ICSI.
However I've got high FSH and still awaiting the AMH test result :wacko:

Needless to say I'm extremely nervous for Tuesday's appointment. First hubby and then me... They should be able to find something though as I've been scanning the medical library database for research articles on this subject. I'd like to be educated hehe.

Cross fingers! :flower:

hey ladies, i have my 11+5 scan today. i am very anxious. please say prayers for us! i'll update this evening! :)

Good luck Heramys! I hope you can move with ICSI!

ttcpostvr- Praying for you and your baby![-o<

Good luck Heramys :hugs:

Looking forwards to seeing your scan pics TTCpostVR! Good luck hun!

Good luck for your appointment Heramys. I hope you get some positive news :hugs:

Looking forward to seeing scan pics ttcpostvr! :)

Chatty, when I saw your fb post about the kittens, I got momentarily confused and thought it was about me :rofl:

All the best with everything up and coming lovelies xxx

Hahahahahaha Sapphire - Just got it! (Sapphire is my cats name too) lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->