The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Hi ellaandcallum. If your DH had 2 zero sperm samples, there's pretty much zero chance that any sperm will get through now. You hear of women getting pregnant very soon after a vasectomy, that's why they recommend you use other contraception until you get the all clear. I'm afraid the only option would be reversal or IVF with PESA/TESA - both of which are only available privately and not on the NHS. :flower:

I know think I am just clutching at straws really, I should just be satisfied with what I have and I am very blessed. I think it is because I am such a maternal person and my other half is ten years older than me, I do think if we were the same age, it wouldnt be so much of an issue. I just wanted to get it off my chest really, I loved this site when I was TTC met some great friends, and now they are pregnant again and that yearning inside is creeping back in, I think I am just going to have to accept that it has to end sometime. I was so adamant when he had it done as Macy wasnt very old so had my handsful, but now I had a letter today about playgroup and nursery and she is growing up too fast, I hope I havent come across as ungrateful or insensitive to you guys I just wanted some support today, I cant talk to noone else about it so this why I love BNB. Thank you anyway xxx you never know ;-) xxx

Welcome to the group Blondi! WOW! With those counts after VR, most of us would be throwing a party!! There have been ladies on here get their BFPs with half that sperm count and morphology and motility in single figures.

Hubby and I have never had a "formal" SA but assumed everything was low (V to VR was 12yrs or so), we got our BFP 3 weeks ago.

Clomid does have a reputation for drying up cervical fluid and thinning the uterine lining, it might be worth doing more research and starting to use something like Evening Primrose Oil from AF starting to Ov (increases CM) also making sure you drink plenty of fluids. There's also a cough syrup (can't remember name!) that helps CM production as a side effect. Concieve + or Preseed would also help (and possibly softcups?)

There are supplements your OH could take to give his swimmers a little boost too - Wellman conception is good (this is why my OH used), MACA and CoQ10 are also known to boost sperm count/motility/morphology.

Have a look on the Assisted Conception board too - there are many ladies on Clomid who could give you more pointers than I can!

Good luck and babydust!

Hi sorry to butt in the month I concieved I used the cough medicine called
Robitussin/Guaifenesin well it was Tescos own brand, so whether it helped or not I dont know but it was disgusting, increased cm and made my nose run lol but I did get my BFP:happydance:

I know think I am just clutching at straws really, I should just be satisfied with what I have and I am very blessed. I think it is because I am such a maternal person and my other half is ten years older than me, I do think if we were the same age, it wouldnt be so much of an issue. I just wanted to get it off my chest really, I loved this site when I was TTC met some great friends, and now they are pregnant again and that yearning inside is creeping back in, I think I am just going to have to accept that it has to end sometime. I was so adamant when he had it done as Macy wasnt very old so had my handsful, but now I had a letter today about playgroup and nursery and she is growing up too fast, I hope I havent come across as ungrateful or insensitive to you guys I just wanted some support today, I cant talk to noone else about it so this why I love BNB. Thank you anyway xxx you never know ;-) xxx

You haven't come across as ungrateful or insensitive at all. I think it's common to feel that way after a vasectomy, I suppose it's the finality of it. x x

Hi ellaandcallum :)

You definitely don't come across to me as ungrateful or insensitive hun :hugs: I agree with sapphire, the finality of it all is a big thing. This is what groups like this are for as most people IRL won't understand or you wouldn't feel like sharing this kind of thing anyway :flow:

I have had people say to me that we should just feel 'blessed' with what we have, DH had J (15) and S (11) and I had T (8) and H (6), already when we met. Of course we are delighted with all those children but we yearn for one of our own. I particularly feel really hollow at the thought of never being pregnant/breastfeeding, or having that new baby, again... we are coming to terms (2 years post-VR) that it probably will not happen.

If your DH has had the all clear then it's really unlikely that will change :hugs:

I know reversal costs seem prohibitive, but I know the place we went to offers a payment plan, pretty sure many do... would that maybe be an option if you guys really wanted to try it?

All the best hun xx

Hi ladies I haven't been on here for a long time I started chatting on this thread early on...
Ive just had a faield egg share IVF cycle it was very traumatic and upsetting :cry:Nevertheless Im gonna keep going
so until I decide what to do next Im going back to trying naturally

I guess the only good thing about doing IVf is me and hubby have had a full MOT down there and everythin is fine I have good hormone levels, egg reserve, no cysts on my ovaries etc... my hubbys poor count 15 million with no motility went to 76 million per ml with 60% rapid motility after being on those wellman conception vitamins I really do recommend them girls. Not bad considerign only one could be reconnected at vr!

Hubbys reversal was done Jan 2009 and I guess we only really 'tried' for 10 or 11 months maybe I rushed into IVF but the BFN every month was gettign me down.

Congrats Chatty B and good luck to everyone else :hugs: xx

:hugs: I'm sorry you had such a traumatic experience justone. Great news that you both have the all clear though. I know it's disheartening to get bfns all the time, but remember that many couples can take a while to conceive. I have 2 friends with no fertility issues, that took over a year to conceive. Best of luck in the future. x x

:hugs: justone. We are getting ready to do our first Ivf. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Your count has increased tremendously. Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones and get pregnant on your own. Good luck!

So sorry the egg share didn't work out Justone :(. Fingers crossed you'll get your BFP soon - I swear by the wellman conception vitamins too!

Thanks for the lovely welcome ladies xxx :hugs: it means alot

BFP here I come!!!!!! :happydance: hee hee xxx

Hi ladies

Hope you're all well!

Justone sorry to hear it didn't work out. What's your next step?
Glad to hear the wellman seems to be working. Ive got dh on them but he's terrible for remembering to take them!

I'm just back my holidays and back to work. Just trying to get back into the diet and gym before my next holiday. My brother and I are entering a 5k run in oct so that'll keep me busy cos he runs for fun. I'll be blowing out my backside!

Big O this weekend so need to get plenty action in just incase! U never know, miracles can happen......

Good luck CMo!! Miracles do happen and I hope you get yours this weekend.

Happy BD CMo! Miracles do happen, my little miracle is running round the living room at the moment :)

Hi everyone

Not posted for a while just been lurking

Have decided that we are going to NTNP now, I wasnt really monitoring anything only the dates that I came on to see how long my cycles were, I dont do ovulation kits was just dtd every 3 days, and nothing has happened, will continue to monitor hubbies Sperm though to see whether it is improving and hope that one day in the next 12 months will be my time, as its been 18 months since VR and nothing, although cant expect it as he only had morphology in March but it is still really hard trying to convince myself it will happen

Hubbie is going to continue with Fertilaid for men and his Zinc and I am taking the pregnacare conception and will continue to do so, dh has been fab and has had no alcohol since he had the op but sometimes i just feel a little guilty that I am stopping him from having the odd drink especially whne we go out to BBQ's etc, thankfully he is not a heavy drinker but I still feel bad, I dont drink at all so it doesnt affect me

Good luck to everyone and hello to all the newbies, wish you all the luck in the world and hope that we all will get our BFPS soon

xx

Good luck ababytogether, sending you lots of :dust: :dust: :dust:

Chatty, how are you doing - when's your next scan again?

Ababytogether sending you lots of good vibes. Maybe when you stop trying you will get pregnant. A lot of ladies get prego that way. Best of luck.

Hey! I'm doing good thanks Sapphire! Had my booking in appt with the midwife yesterday, having bloods done on Tuesday, then another scan the Tuesday after that (week after next). All seems to be ok so far - nothing to suggest a problem anyway! Very tired, incredibly sore bbs and I've outgrown my usual jeans so now in maternity lol.

How's you??

Hehe, I was in matty jeans when I was 5 weeks pregnant with Holly - ridiculous bloating! :blush: Ooh, I'm looking forward to your scan as much as you are!

I'm ok thanks. We may have found a flat to rent in Aberdeen, if DH can get in there before everyone else. It's crazy - there are like 5 people going on each viewing :wacko:

How did the flat viewing go? Are you moving back up to scottyland? Very exciting!

This is a neat thread :) I am not the girlfriend or wife of someone with a VR, but I AM the product of a VR :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->