The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

We're sort of in the same position. My OH's SA showed 0% sperm :growlmad:

So we're now booked in for a biopsy on tuesday next week and for a "check-up" on me at the same time.
Hopefully they could proceed with ICSI.
However I've got high FSH and still awaiting the AMH test result :wacko:

Needless to say I'm extremely nervous for Tuesday's appointment. First hubby and then me... They should be able to find something though as I've been scanning the medical library database for research articles on this subject. I'd like to be educated hehe.

Cross fingers! :flower:

Aww hun, fingers crossed it all goes well. :hugs: Please let us know how you get on. Great idea to get some research on the subject, we are currently looking for somewhere we are happy to have the treatment done...it's hard to know where to start sometimes, but not giving up! :flower:

ttcpostvr hope everything went well with your scan x

Hello ladies

Am sure there is information on this somewhere already on the thread and am trying to read throught them all but am just wondering what supplements if any your men are taking and what doseage?

We are trying to deal with low motility and are using wellman conception, maca, coq10, royal jelly and zinc. Any others that you particularly recommend?

Also just wondering thoughts on using softcups to help the poor swimmers stay in place a little longer :winkwink:

Thanks for your help

:dust:

The supplements that my DH took are in the link 'lifestyle and dietary advice for the reversal patient'. He started taking them post op, and we got our bfp 4 months later on the first month of trying. I also made him stop drinking lol.

https://www.vasectomyreversals.co.uk/downloads/

Since we've been ttc #2 he hasn't taken anything and we have had 10 unsuccessful cycles. We did try softcups on one cycle but they didn't work for us. I couldn't seem to get the hang of them, and they always leaked. I was worried I was actually blocking the swimmers off rather than helping them. Having said that, loads of ladies recommend them so they're definitely worth a try. I do recommend preseed though, Holly is a preseed baby but we didn't use softcups. We DTD every other day from when AF finished. I charted so when I thought I had OVd we DTD once more. Good luck!

:dust:

ttcpostvr where is your scan pic? :)

We tried softcups and concieve + too but I got my BFP on a cycle where we didn't use anything. Hubby used wellman conception.

Just to let you know - I had my first scan today at. Dated as 6+4, 2 gestational sacs seen, 2 yolk sacs but 1 heartbeat. 2nd sac was the sme size as the first but slightly odd shaped. I go back in a few weeks for a re-scan to either confirm 2 babies or 1 baby and a vanishing twin. Apparently it's quite common for twins to be a few days apart in age and that twin 2 is too young for a heartbeat to be detected yet. Fingers crossed I'll have at least 1 healthy baby in January.

Baby dust ladies x

Gosh Chatty, how exciting! I hope there's a 2nd bean snuggling in there, that was just hiding. Can't wait for your next scan now!

A little update from me ladies!

I got a +OPK yesterday and I asked DH if he wanted to :sex: and he laughed and said why? we are doing IVF! So that means the :witch: will show her face in twelve days and then I'll be on BC until I start my meds. It's starting to feel real now and I'm getting very excited! I pray everything turns out good and we get our miracle. Thank you ladies for your support!

Just to let you know - I had my first scan today at. Dated as 6+4, 2 gestational sacs seen, 2 yolk sacs but 1 heartbeat. 2nd sac was the sme size as the first but slightly odd shaped. I go back in a few weeks for a re-scan to either confirm 2 babies or 1 baby and a vanishing twin. Apparently it's quite common for twins to be a few days apart in age and that twin 2 is too young for a heartbeat to be detected yet. Fingers crossed I'll have at least 1 healthy baby in January.

Baby dust ladies x

Wow chatty how exciting :) fingers crossed for you all :)

Missuso:dust:

Wow Happybunny! That's come around quick!! I have everything crossed for you hun.

Baby dust ladies x

Awww Chatty...wishing you all the best :flower:

Baby dust ladies x

Wow that's so exciting! How amazing would it be for you to have VR twins!

:happydance:

A little update from me ladies!

I got a +OPK yesterday and I asked DH if he wanted to :sex: and he laughed and said why? we are doing IVF! So that means the :witch: will show her face in twelve days and then I'll be on BC until I start my meds. It's starting to feel real now and I'm getting very excited! I pray everything turns out good and we get our miracle. Thank you ladies for your support!

All the best hun!!

xx

Hi, Im new here and trying to find out if I have any hope. My husband had a VR in July of 2010 and he did a HOME semen analysis a year later that said he had a count of 20 million+............Then I finally got him to go get a real semen analysis done this month, and it came back that he had 7 million per ml, 100% motility and 90% morphology. The doctor said his count was too low, and that there isnt alot of hope. Just to hope we get lucky....I also found out I was not ovulating, so i got on clomid 50 mg to increase my chance. This is my second month of taking it. Has anyone heard of others getting pregnant with such a low count? Do my chances increase any since he has great morphology and motility?? Just looking for some hope

Welcome to the group blondi :)

Girls on here have gotten pregnant with their partner's numbers worse than that so don't give up! I don't know much about clomid but others on the TTC boards will.

All the best :dust:

Welcome to the group Blondi! WOW! With those counts after VR, most of us would be throwing a party!! There have been ladies on here get their BFPs with half that sperm count and morphology and motility in single figures.

Hubby and I have never had a "formal" SA but assumed everything was low (V to VR was 12yrs or so), we got our BFP 3 weeks ago.

Clomid does have a reputation for drying up cervical fluid and thinning the uterine lining, it might be worth doing more research and starting to use something like Evening Primrose Oil from AF starting to Ov (increases CM) also making sure you drink plenty of fluids. There's also a cough syrup (can't remember name!) that helps CM production as a side effect. Concieve + or Preseed would also help (and possibly softcups?)

There are supplements your OH could take to give his swimmers a little boost too - Wellman conception is good (this is why my OH used), MACA and CoQ10 are also known to boost sperm count/motility/morphology.

Have a look on the Assisted Conception board too - there are many ladies on Clomid who could give you more pointers than I can!

Good luck and babydust!

Welcome Blondi! Although the count is lowish, that's fantastic motility and morphology - and that's more important than the count. I have no idea what my DH's count is, we conceived our VR baby 4 months post VR, but haven't managed to conceive in 10 months TTC (except one miscarriage). The lady who started this thread has a VR baby, and I'm sure her DH's results weren't great. Supplements will help with increasing count, there's a link a few pages back. I don't know anything about clomid, sorry!

Welcome Blondi! Those numbers are a little low but your motility and morphology are great. I agree with the other ladies, some supplements will help you increase the numbers. I did clomid for two months but since our numbers were low we did not get pregnant. Clomid did dried me up and I took it at night to help out with the headaches. A friend of mine got pregnant on the first month of clomid. So I guess it just depends. Good luck!

Hi I am confused ladies, I have 3 lovely children, I am 36, DH 46 (although a young dad), he had his vasectomy a day before royal wedding last year, he has now hinted at another but I am unsure if he is serious, one minute he is really into it, the next nothing, he is hard to talk to about it. I am probably not making much sense lol. We cant afford reversal costs, he sent two samples last year and got the all clear. Does any sperm still get through? We were 100% confident we were done and I was now he is mentioned this? Perhaps it will just be down to luck, I am rambling sorry lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->