The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

HappyBunny, that must be so frustrating to now have them say there was no sperm, while all this time you've just been waiting! And now more waiting! Best wishes they find some spermies for you!

Thank you for the wishes, and I'll come back and post as soon as I have our VE surgery date...

HappyBunny, that must be so frustrating to now have them say there was no sperm, while all this time you've just been waiting! And now more waiting! Best wishes they find some spermies for you!

Thank you for the wishes, and I'll come back and post as soon as I have our VE surgery date...

Yes it is. Keep us posted on your surgery.

Hello ladies

Hope your all well. I'm just sitting here down in the dumps waiting on AF arriving. 2 days late aswell!!! Why do our bodies play such cruel games??? I can feel it coming just wish it would so I can stop this crap feeling!

Hello ladies,

Yes it has been quiet around here. I have some bad news and for some reason I feel happy but who knows why. We've attempted to freeze DH's sperm twice now and we found nothing :cry: We think it's due to a fever he had in May. I've read that a fever can kill everything. So now our IVF cycle has been moved to Sep. We don't feel confident not having an frozen sperm as a back up. I'm not even sad anymore. We do have an appointment with his Dr to see what is going on. I need prayers ladies, I hope we find some sperm in the next few months.

Awh, girl, positive thoughts pouring your way from up in Canada! Hopefully they can find out what's going on and get you some spermies!

Thank you ladies. We are going for our third attempt on July 9th. I pray we find something!

Happy bunny sorry if you've already said this but is your dh having surgical sperm retrieval?

Happy bunny sorry if you've already said this but is your dh having surgical sperm retrieval?

CMo - I've brought it up to DH and he wants to wait and see what his Dr. says. I just really hope it was the fever and not scarring. We will attempt another frozen back up next month and if nothing is found then we will wait until August. I think if nothing is there in August then I can give up my dream of being a mom.

:hugs: CMo, I know the feeling well.

This thread's been quiet lately!

It has been quiet ey... I just popped by to say hello, thinking there'd be pages of posts!

Hello ladies,

Yes it has been quiet around here. I have some bad news and for some reason I feel happy but who knows why. We've attempted to freeze DH's sperm twice now and we found nothing :cry: We think it's due to a fever he had in May. I've read that a fever can kill everything. So now our IVF cycle has been moved to Sep. We don't feel confident not having an frozen sperm as a back up. I'm not even sad anymore. We do have an appointment with his Dr to see what is going on. I need prayers ladies, I hope we find some sperm in the next few months.

Sorry to hear that hun, I hope some sperm is found next time :hugs:

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Hi My name is Gemma and my hubby had a VR on monday!! I am so excited but trying not to get too excited as the sample wasn't the best...and he had had a blow out on the left side....so keep everything crossed for me that the little swimmers come back with a vengence hehe!! :happydance:

Welcome jolu :wave: Will keep everything crossed for you! My hubby only had one side re-attached, and we have an 18 month old VR miracle :)

All the best for your next appt HappyBunny, sending lots of swimmer :dust:

Hope the rest of you are well :)

Welcome jolu :wave: Will keep everything crossed for you! My hubby only had one side re-attached, and we have an 18 month old VR miracle :)
QUOTE]

ah brilliant news :happydance: How long did it take you to get pregnant? xxx

Hi ladies, I'd like to join if I can...I didn't know this forum was set up for VR's and I love it!! My husband had a 12 yo vasectomy reversed in Nov 2011. Unfortunately for us, it hasn't resulted in a pregnancy. I'm 36 and he's 45. He has 4 kids from a previous marriage and even before we got married he knew I wanted kids. I was with him during the reversal and what that man did for me so we could try and have kids, I'll never be able to thank him. Granted, when I go thru labor, I think that will be thanks enough!! Anyway, we've gone thru all the testing (sonohystergram, blood work and an SA for the hubby). Everything for me came back perfectly healthy, however, hubby has very low motility (3%) but high count (128 million). Doctor put him on the multivitamin that might help increase the motility and we've just gotten set up for our first IUI in couple of weeks. Doctor said for a vasectomy this old, an antibody or protein developes on the sperm preventing them from swimming thus they never reach the egg. Nothing can be done to fix the issue other than IUI or just plain luck. We went for the IUI since I'm not getting any younger.
Glad to find a site where other ladies are dealing with similiar issues as myself. After my husband found it the issue was with his swimmers, he felt a little bummed that he couldn't get me pregnant naturally. I quickly made him see that the issue wasn't him. How was he to know having a vasectomy would cause this. It's just something we work thru as a couple.

Anyway, hope you guys don't mind me joining, glad to see that I'm not the only one dealing with this and I hope we all get :bfp: real soon!!!

Welcome Jolu & TTCinTexas!:hi:

There are a lot of ladies on here who have their little miracle now and I hope you guys are next!

Welcome guys! I'm 12 weeks pregnant following my husbands 12yr VR - it took approx 11 months with one very early loss the cycle before we got this BFP. I'd reccomend the vitamins, I swear that this made all the difference.

I have good and bad news - good news is that we had the 12 week scan yesterday and my dates were moved from the 11th Jan to the 9th Jan. Baby was very active, kicking, spinning and waving. Unfortunatly, they also detected a NT measurement of 3.5mm and I have a 1:5 chance of baby having Downs Syndrome. I'm just devastated. Hubby and I are booked in for a CVS next Friday at 13wks 2days and should get initial results on the 9th July - our 3rd wedding anniversary. We'll keep the baby regardless of CVS outcome but I need to know what we are dealing with or I'll drive myself insane. All other markers were great, nasal bone was detected, blood flow around heart was good, long bones looked normal - it was just the NT measurement was high.

I'm keeping everything crossed that we'll get a clear result - that will be the best anniversary gift ever. I'll keep you all updated

xxx

Hi jolu and TTCinTexas :) Welcome to the group, all the best :dust:

Chatty I have everything crossed that all results come back clear for you :hugs: xx

Welcome TTCinTexas, sending lots of :dust:

:hugs: Chatty, I hope you get good news at the CVS.

Jolu, there was 6 years between the V and VR. We conceived the first month of TTC, approx 4 months after the VR - were extremely lucky. I had DH on a cocktail of vitamins, and I swear that's what's made the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->