The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

@Live, Good luck and lots of baby dust to you with TTC #2!! :dust::dust:

When is your official testing date?

I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend. :flower:

live_in_hope, that's awesome to know that you guys got preggo naturally with that low of sperm count! We are hoping for the same, DH had 600,000 with 30% motility at 5 months post-op...we're getting another SA in May, we'll see if it progresses, hoping to TTC naturally at the end of June (have to take a break right now)

Since you are back TTC, have you gotten hubby an SA just to see, or even considered it?

Good luck this TWW!

@Live, Good luck and lots of baby dust to you with TTC #2!! :dust::dust:

When is your official testing date?

I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend. :flower:

hey! :wave: how are youand your bubbas doing? Congratulations again! I knew it'd happen for you! :happydance:
Thank you for your baby dust! :flower: i think Im going to test Wednesday but im really not sure if thats too early as we werent actually trying. I dont think i am but you get that excitement of possibility and it just runs away with you doesnt it? :winkwink: i guess i'll know if I get a visit from AF...... Xx

live_in_hope, that's awesome to know that you guys got preggo naturally with that low of sperm count! We are hoping for the same, DH had 600,000 with 30% motility at 5 months post-op...we're getting another SA in May, we'll see if it progresses, hoping to TTC naturally at the end of June (have to take a break right now)

Since you are back TTC, have you gotten hubby an SA just to see, or even considered it?

Good luck this TWW!

Hey, thanks hunny ill be keeping you all posted! :thumbup: that seems a good SA, i know motility is the one to look at. You could have trillions of sperm but its the ones that are swimming in the right direction that count. 30% is good! It's funny coz I only said to hubby today that i wondered how many his count would be now, just out of interest? But we wont go for another. Our surgeon did tell us that it reaches its max after a year so a year post op is your final count im guessing. Be interesting to see what your Hubbys is in May?
Bet your counting down the days for June to come?:happydance::happydance:xxx

:wave: girls

Hi to all the newbies, good luck in your journeys!

Congratulations ttcpostvr, what a beautiful baby! So lovely to hear an update :D

Good luck live_in_hope, would be lovely to see a 2nd VR baby from this thread!

Wannabe and HappyBunny, hope both you twin mamas are doing well!

@Live, The twins are doing good. I had my level 2 ultrasound gender reveal about a week ago and Baby A is a girl and Baby B is a boy. Both babies look great and are healthy.:thumbup: The only problem is that when they measured my cervix it was measuring short. The DR. put me on vaginal progesterone which is supposed to help and I have to get a check of my cervix done tomorrow morning so I am hoping it is maintaining it's thickness or that it has gotten longer. It is scary because it can cause pre term labor, so please keep your fingers crossed for me that my cervix improves.

@Sapphire, thanks for the well wishes. I hope that you are doing well and that you have a great week!! :flower:

@Live, The twins are doing good. I had my level 2 ultrasound gender reveal about a week ago and Baby A is a girl and Baby B is a boy. Both babies look great and are healthy.:thumbup: The only problem is that when they measured my cervix it was measuring short. The DR. put me on vaginal progesterone which is supposed to help and I have to get a check of my cervix done tomorrow morning so I am hoping it is maintaining it's thickness or that it has gotten longer. It is scary because it can cause pre term labor, so please keep your fingers crossed for me that my cervix improves.

@Sapphire, thanks for the well wishes. I hope that you are doing well and that you have a great week!! :flower:

awww how lovely, a girl and a boy! :happydance: have you any idea on names yet? Ill keep everything crossed for you that you get good news on your cervix 2moro! :thumbup: xx

AF came this morning :nope: but its ok coz now i start my first month officially TTC :happydance: xx thanks hun xx

live_in_hope, oh, yes, we are patiently waiting for the end of June! Can't wait to see if hubby's SA improves or not in May...I was in shock that we got anything at all 5 months out! Good luck on your first official cycle back!

live_in_hope, oh, yes, we are patiently waiting for the end of June! Can't wait to see if hubby's SA improves or not in May...I was in shock that we got anything at all 5 months out! Good luck on your first official cycle back!

Im almost positive that it would improve :thumbup:. The surgeon i had explained it quite well, something about sending messages to the brain. Something like the sperm that the body used to produce had nowhere to go before so they got sent back so the brain told the body to stop producing as much, now the path has been 're-opened' and some are getting through the brain now tells the body to produce more and more, and this takes time. It made loads of sense when he told me.:shrug: We were offered another test 3months after our 1st one but as i was pregnant we didnt feel the need to go but I must admit, im quite curious to see the difference now. Xx

Im almost positive that it would improve :thumbup:. The surgeon i had explained it quite well, something about sending messages to the brain. Something like the sperm that the body used to produce had nowhere to go before so they got sent back so the brain told the body to stop producing as much, now the path has been 're-opened' and some are getting through the brain now tells the body to produce more and more, and this takes time. It made loads of sense when he told me.:shrug: We were offered another test 3months after our 1st one but as i was pregnant we didnt feel the need to go but I must admit, im quite curious to see the difference now. Xx

That is SUPER explanation! My DH had this scarring issue for years, though, since he had surgeries that created this scarring as a child, and he's almost 38 now - his sperm was being produced and being re-absorbed for YEARS AND YEARS! Will be interesting to see how this all pans out...thanks for this explanation!

That is SUPER explanation! My DH had this scarring issue for years, though, since he had surgeries that created this scarring as a child, and he's almost 38 now - his sperm was being produced and being re-absorbed for YEARS AND YEARS! Will be interesting to see how this all pans out...thanks for this explanation!

thats ok :thumbup: my hubby had scaring too, from an op ahout 5years before the reversal. The surgeon thought he'd only be able to re-attach one side but he managed both. :thumbup:

Fingers crossed for you Live-in-hope!

Wannabe - yay! One of each!! Praying that your cervix behaves and doesn't shorten further!

AFM - Thomas is 12 weeks today! Where does the time go??!! It took 11 months post VR to fall pregnant with him. Hubby had a 13yr old vasectomy reversed, he also had scarring from a bilateral hydrocele operation in his 20's. Hubby was 45 when we conceived Thomas. We decided against having SAs as it would've been one more thing to obsess about so I can't comment about our numbers etc. Don't give up! VR worked for us with an older vasectomy and scarring from previous surgery :)

DH's reversal is in 10 days time :happydance: im excited and nervous at the same time. Really hoping we're a success story as many others are!

I put dh on wellman conception about 4 weeks ago so im hoping they will help. I feel like im in a 2ww. Anyway, just wanna know when we can start :sex: after vr, i dont want to push dh but as i begin my new cycle the day he has his op i would be ovulating exactly 2 weeks post op, would that be too soon? Im just thinking why waste an egg??? :winkwink:

Rachy, our surgeon recommended we wait 4 weeks post op before dtd, to give the tubes time to heal properly. Personally, I would wait til your next cycle, but I can understand your impatience :lol: We started ttc 4 months post op for various reasons, but we conceived the first month of trying! DH was on supplements all that time.

Chatty, can't believe how quickly time is flying!

We'll probably wait till next cycle, i imagine dh will be nervous the first time post op. Im only on a 26 day cycle so its not really that long to wait, im just as you say impatient. Im hoping that with 3 yrs 8 months post vasectomy the odds are in our favour :shrug:

I wish he wasn't so laid back, i feel like im feeling all the emotions he should be feeling :dohh:

I know that feeling well! I was terrified, DH was uber laid back. The odds are definitely in your favour. My DH's op was 6 years post V, he only had one side done, and it was still successful :)

Our consultant said over 90% success for us but i think thats just patency, not pregnancy, obviously id like to know pregnancy rates. We havent gone for any of these well known surgeons like dr dawson or mr harriss, We opted for a Spire hospital local to us in Washington mainly for cost and ease for travelling to and from home.

To be honest i didnt know a thing about vr til dh told me he wanted one, this is definately one thing i can blame him for :haha:

Hello lovely ladies!! :wave:

How are you all doing? :thumbup:

For those who dont know me, i started this group a few years ago when I was TTC my 1st. my hubby had his vasectomy reversal 8 years after his original vasectomy. the. Went well but the 3m SA test wasn't good news. He only had 1million/per ml and only 4% of that 1million were swimming. I refused to let it get us down and kelt telling myself that 4% of 1million was LOADS considering that it only takes one...what I didn't know was that I was already pregnant when i got those results :happydance: so it had taken us less than 3months!

My beautiful Emily is 18months now (where has that gone!?) and i am off my pill. We are NTNP but because I got so tuned into my body with knowing what Ov signs to look for etc, i know exactly when im ovulating etc so there'll be no surprise if i was to fall pregnant again. So this is officially my 1st month trying and i am somewhere in the 2WW, about 5dpo but cant be too sure as i didnt temp, went solely off my CM and Ov pains.

Im so pleased to see so many of you still using this thread, im so pleased its continued to provide help and support to many others! :flowers: xxxxxx

Welcome back!! Yay for second :baby:! Emily is beautiful and so big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->