The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Fingers crossed for you Live-in-hope!

Wannabe - yay! One of each!! Praying that your cervix behaves and doesn't shorten further!

AFM - Thomas is 12 weeks today! Where does the time go??!! It took 11 months post VR to fall pregnant with him. Hubby had a 13yr old vasectomy reversed, he also had scarring from a bilateral hydrocele operation in his 20's. Hubby was 45 when we conceived Thomas. We decided against having SAs as it would've been one more thing to obsess about so I can't comment about our numbers etc. Don't give up! VR worked for us with an older vasectomy and scarring from previous surgery :)

Chatty time has flown by! I can't believe your baby is 12 weeks! :happydance:He is so adorable!

Hello lovely ladies!! :wave:

How are you all doing? :thumbup:

For those who dont know me, i started this group a few years ago when I was TTC my 1st. my hubby had his vasectomy reversal 8 years after his original vasectomy. the. Went well but the 3m SA test wasn't good news. He only had 1million/per ml and only 4% of that 1million were swimming. I refused to let it get us down and kelt telling myself that 4% of 1million was LOADS considering that it only takes one...what I didn't know was that I was already pregnant when i got those results :happydance: so it had taken us less than 3months!

My beautiful Emily is 18months now (where has that gone!?) and i am off my pill. We are NTNP but because I got so tuned into my body with knowing what Ov signs to look for etc, i know exactly when im ovulating etc so there'll be no surprise if i was to fall pregnant again. So this is officially my 1st month trying and i am somewhere in the 2WW, about 5dpo but cant be too sure as i didnt temp, went solely off my CM and Ov pains.

Im so pleased to see so many of you still using this thread, im so pleased its continued to provide help and support to many others! :flowers: xxxxxx

Welcome back!! Yay for second :baby:! Emily is beautiful and so big.

Thanks for the lovely welcome back ladies!! It's great to be back! :happydance:
I've started a brand spanking new TTC Journal if you want to drop in (see signature) lol.
I must do a proper update on Ems parenting journal, it's been a while :blush:

Congrats on your pregnancy!! :happydance: just over half way now! How has it been? xx

For those who dont know me, i started this group a few years ago when I was TTC my 1st. my hubby had his vasectomy reversal 8 years after his original vasectomy. the. Went well but the 3m SA test wasn't good news. He only had 1million/per ml and only 4% of that 1million were swimming. I refused to let it get us down and kelt telling myself that 4% of 1million was LOADS considering that it only takes one...what I didn't know was that I was already pregnant when i got those results :happydance: so it had taken us less than 3months!

My beautiful Emily is 18months now (where has that gone!?) and i am off my pill. We are NTNP but because I got so tuned into my body with knowing what Ov signs to look for etc, i know exactly when im ovulating etc so there'll be no surprise if i was to fall pregnant again. So this is officially my 1st month trying and i am somewhere in the 2WW, about 5dpo but cant be too sure as i didnt temp, went solely off my CM and Ov pains.

Im so pleased to see so many of you still using this thread, im so pleased its continued to provide help and support to many others! :flowers: xxxxxx

I've started a brand spanking new TTC Journal if you want to drop in (see signature) lol.

Congrats on your pregnancy!! :happydance: just over half way now! How has it been? xx

It has been interesting! I was on bed rest for 3 months due to a hematoma. I'm better now enjoying my pregnancy. We were able to conceive via IVF. We still have 10 frosties for any future, but I think we might be done after these. Other than that everything is well. I'll check out your journal!

It has been interesting! I was on bed rest for 3 months due to a hematoma. I'm better now enjoying my pregnancy. We were able to conceive via IVF. We still have 10 frosties for any future, but I think we might be done after these. Other than that everything is well. I'll check out your journal!

oh my goodness really!? That must have been so scary! :shock: im so glad everything is better now and you're enjoying your pregnancy!:happydance: oh wow,10more ay! Thats lovely that you've got them, do they have an expiry date? I mean, do you have to use them within a certain time or is it a case of once they're frozen, they're there for as long as you want?

hey ladies! :wave:

How are you all doing? Im still on my first cycle TTC no.2, just wainting to OV now so we can get this show on the road :winkwink: xx

@live, Good luck and baby dust to you for this cycle. I hope you can get in lots of :sex: during your OV window. :dust::dust:

AFM, My next Level 2 ultrasound is on Tuesday 04/23 so I am hoping that everything will continue to look great with the twins, They also will check my cervix so I hope that it is remaining the same or that it has increased. Hopefully the progesterone has been working it's magic and I can keep the twins cooking a lot longer. Wish me luck!!

I'm on Cycle # 7 after VE surgery, waiting for AF to get me anytime tmrw through Sunday...Good luck on cycle # 2!

G/L wannabeprego!!

I'm on Cycle # 7 after VE surgery, waiting for AF to get me anytime tmrw through Sunday...Good luck on cycle # 2!

G/L wannabeprego!!

Thanks for the well wishes hun!!! :flower: Good luck and baby dust to you too!!
I hope that the :witch: stays away!! :dust::dust:

Its done :happydance: dh had his reversal yesterday and our consultant seemed rather pleased with his handywork. Turned out dh had no gap in one side and only a small gap in the other so he attached both sides, he checked the fluid from both sides under a microscope during surgery and told us "there are loads of live sperm present on both sides".

And so the healing process begins...dh is playing the pain down but i know he's hurting, although he keeps telling me the jewels arent as bruised as he expected but they definitely look a bit perky!

Dh has his SA on the 26th june so hopefully everything goes as well as his op between now and then ;)

Wow, congrats to you all on Births and pregnancies

I haven't been on here for ages

I still haven't managed to get pregnant so we have been referred to IUI

Not sure on OH sperm count as was last done in April 2012

He has got low morph and motility but am hoping it will still be ok

Will keep you updated but think it takes a while to get the ball rolling so to speak, even though we have to go private!!

Its done :happydance: dh had his reversal yesterday and our consultant seemed rather pleased with his handywork. Turned out dh had no gap in one side and only a small gap in the other so he attached both sides, he checked the fluid from both sides under a microscope during surgery and told us "there are loads of live sperm present on both sides".

And so the healing process begins...dh is playing the pain down but i know he's hurting, although he keeps telling me the jewels arent as bruised as he expected but they definitely look a bit perky!

Dh has his SA on the 26th june so hopefully everything goes as well as his op between now and then ;)

Hey! :wave:

Yay!:happydance::happydance::happydance: congrats on the VR!! Its amazing how they do such work on such a small scale isnt it!? I hope the bruising continues to stay down. My DHs looked awful! :shock: he had an op afew years before his VR so there was scar tissue there and it meant the surgeon had to work anit harder to get it re-attached. His whole 'area' was literally black! Then went purple/red but we still managed :sex: 13 days later which i was so shocked about when he suggested we do it! :shock: good luck with the rest of the healing and with the SA! Whatever the result, remember one thing. So long as you have at least 1 :spermy: and its swimming, then you are good to go! It only takes one! We were lucky enough to conceive after a very low 1million sperm with only 4% swimming and it only took 3months :thumbup: wishing you all the bst of luck! Enjoy the journey, its amazing! :happydance::happydance:

Wow, congrats to you all on Births and pregnancies

I haven't been on here for ages

I still haven't managed to get pregnant so we have been referred to IUI

Not sure on OH sperm count as was last done in April 2012

He has got low morph and motility but am hoping it will still be ok

Will keep you updated but think it takes a while to get the ball rolling so to speak, even though we have to go private!!

Hey hunny! :wave:

Good to hear from you! Im back as of afew weeks TTC no.2....
I hoe its not too long to get the ball rolling on the IUI. When you were TTC did you try temping and testing for ovulation etc? If not, i highly recommend it! :thumbup: everythings worth a go ay?:thumbup:

Keep us posted hunny xx

Hi

Thanks

I have never temp'd or tested! I wanted it to be as stress free as possible, and dtd when we wanted and not have to do it if you know what I mean! But I will probably go down that route whilst waiting for the consultant to come back to us

DH is on Fertilaid and that increased his sperm rates loads so will keep him on it this time....we kind of tried stopped tried something else etc, the dtr said that on his results it is highly unlikely I would get pregnant naturally :nope:

So...fingers crossed

Good luck on your TTC #2

I can totally see what you mean and thats exactly what I thought it would be like. I only started doing it to montior my cycles. (I didnt wAnt hubby to go through the VR to find out that I wasnt ovulating or something! :shock:) but as it happened, it was really fun! :thumbup: wasnt stressful at all! But if I was doing it for a long period of time then maybe, but I was actually looking forward to doing it again with TTC no.2. :blush: :haha:
Im surprised the Dr said that about DHs SA results! :growlmad: thats not fair, it only takes one :spermy: did you see my previous post, what I said to Rachy28 about my hubbys SA result...that was very low! Xx

Hi

Yeh I saw when you got pregnant I was on the forum at the same time as you announced, it gives me hope

I will test to see if I'm ovulating, I'm pretty regular every 26-28 days but I know that doesn't mean I'm ovulating!

I've got the cheapy Internet sticks to check for ovulation so will give that a whirl

Thanks Hun
Xx

yes I remember too! :flower:

Yes def give them a whirl. Start around day 10, dont use first morning urine, they reckon between 10-8pm is best and after you havnt had a drink for about 2hours so its concentrated. Looking at your CM is a good indicator too, as soon as it goes watery/clear/ like egg white, get busy! :winkwink:

Thanks

I get lots of increased cm when I think I'm ovulating but as I don't monitor I can't guarantee....

Xx

Hey! :wave:

Yay!:happydance::happydance::happydance: congrats on the VR!! Its amazing how they do such work on such a small scale isnt it!? I hope the bruising continues to stay down. My DHs looked awful! :shock: he had an op afew years before his VR so there was scar tissue there and it meant the surgeon had to work anit harder to get it re-attached. His whole 'area' was literally black! Then went purple/red but we still managed :sex: 13 days later which i was so shocked about when he suggested we do it! :shock: good luck with the rest of the healing and with the SA! Whatever the result, remember one thing. So long as you have at least 1 :spermy: and its swimming, then you are good to go! It only takes one! We were lucky enough to conceive after a very low 1million sperm with only 4% swimming and it only took 3months :thumbup: wishing you all the bst of luck! Enjoy the journey, its amazing! :happydance::happydance:

13 days...our surgeon told us to wait 3-4 weeks, dunno if we (i mean me :) ) can wait that long though, i would be due to ovulate on the 13th day so i can always gently persuade dh.

Its been a few days since vr and he still says it looks nothing compared to the way it was with the original vasectomy, his new 'bow leg' walk tells me its more painful than he's letting on though!

I have exactly 26 day cycles everytime, ewcm and ovulation pain so im thinking charting might just be a waste of time or make me too obsessed with ttc. i dont know to be honest...might just give it a go :winkwink:

Hey, ladies, got another SA done today, 7 months post-op, and DH's count more than tripled and his motility increased nicely, too!

Hoping we see more improvement in the next two months; want to try IUI at the end of June, and need to get up to 5 million count for that:)

Hey, ladies, got another SA done today, 7 months post-op, and DH's count more than tripled and his motility increased nicely, too!

Hoping we see more improvement in the next two months; want to try IUI at the end of June, and need to get up to 5 million count for that:)

Fantastic news!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance: thats really good! Keep getting in loads of :sex: in the meantime wont you! :thumbup: xx

That is great news that his :spermy: count numbers increased. :happydance::happydance: Good luck with your upcoming IUI cycle. I hope it brings you a BFP!! :dust::dust:

https://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m242/axiemeluv/good_luck_.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->