The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Got our 8 month + 1 week SA done today, and had good results...check it out in my signature, and read more about it in my journal, link in signature, too...

How is everyone doing???

Hi had anyone partner had vasectomy reversal done on Tyne and Wear if so could you please tell me how much and how long you had to wait And were you got it done please also had anyone partner had it done on nhs ??????????? Please please help thanks

Hi could I ask how much it cost as me and my husband is looking in to it

Hi there, :wave:
I dont know of anybody who had it done there off the top of my head but there areany places around the country. I had it done in Nottingham at a BMI hospital (which are all over the country) and it cost us about £1800 which we thought was great. BMI also do a payment plan scheme but you'll have to look into that. Make sure you look at reviews and do some research. My surgeon is a legend, Duncan Harriss and he seemed to have accomplished so much in terms of success rates. Im on baby no.2 and although the reversal was successful, our sperm count was extremely low but it still worked for us! :thumbup: xxx

I dont know of anybody who had it done there off the top of my head but there areany places around the country. I had it done in Nottingham at a BMI hospital (which are all over the country) and it cost us about £1800 which we thought was great. BMI also do a payment plan scheme but you'll have to look into that. Make sure you look at reviews and do some research. My surgeon is a legend, Duncan Harriss and he seemed to have accomplished so much in terms of success rates. Im on baby no.2 and although the reversal was successful, our sperm count was extremely low but it still worked for us! :thumbup: xxx

Thank you very much for relaying and yes that price is ok as I thought it was a lot more than that I will have a look and see if there is any near us and have speak to them I am sure there is one in Newcastle thank you x

Thank you very much for relaying and yes that price is ok as I thought it was a lot more than that I will have a look and see if there is any near us and have speak to them I am sure there is one in Newcastle thank you x
I am also hoping the success should be good as my husband only had it done one year ago

My dh had his vr in April at Spire Washington, we had a free 10 minute consultation then a full consultation for £100, the micro surgical vasectomy reversal cost £2565. Dh has to do his first SA on the 26th and we go back to the spire for our results on the 10th July. Really hoping for great news.

My dh had his vr in April at Spire Washington, we had a free 10 minute consultation then a full consultation for £100, the micro surgical vasectomy reversal cost £2565. Dh has to do his first SA on the 26th and we go back to the spire for our results on the 10th July. Really hoping for great news.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer
Hope the results I'd good news fingers crossed for you x

congrats on DHs reversal! :thumbup: keeping everything crossed for a good SA result....but please remember it only takes one! We had a shockingly poor SA (1 million p/ml and only 4% of those were actually swimming) and we managed to conceive on 2nd month of trying. :dance:
I am also hoping the success should be good as my husband only had it done one year ago

wow yes, success rates after only year are really high! :thumbup: my hubby had his reversed after 8 years. Xx

Live_in_hope... with ur dh having a poor analysis, was there any pattern to as and when you :sex:? We're trying every other day to keep numbers up (if there's any there) but as im about to hit the big O im thinking we should bd daily, or is that a bad idea?

We'd love to get a bfp this month so we can tell our consultant before he gives us the result of the sa, and our miracle would be due on my birthday :)

hey,well when we got our results, the Dr told us to :sex: as much as poss as it will help get the messages from the testes to the brain that sperm can get through and for it to produce more. So hubby (bless him) basically did some 'DIY' everyday that we didnt physically do it together. I had the flu in the nov and was really poorly so we didnt do it for afew weeks but hubby kept up his daily routine :haha: then obviously around ov, we went hell for leather...so yer do it as much as poss :thumbup: good luck hunny! I see your temping too, that helped me so much! :thumbup: xx

Yea, im finding it very interesting :) Im just a bit down this month as I cant seem to pick up my lh surge, got it straight away last month so im a bit worried I wont ovulate, I've also usually got ewcm by now but thats no where to be seen :(

congrats to the new bfp's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooohooo!
good luck to those of you that are new to the group!
Kizely (our reversal baby... is now 7 months)... she is rolling all over the place... pulls up on stuff... and does new stuff almost every day.
I finished chemo last Monday and couldn't help but stopping birth control at the beginning of the month to ttc #2. I am 10 dpo and tested bfn yesterday and today. I have been experiencing weird cramping the last few days (fingers crossed that it is implantation cramping). I didn't get a bfp until 12 dpo with Kizely... so I am trying to remain hopeful for this month. Considering i have a decreased chance of getting pregnant from chemo... it would be SOOO nice to just get pregnant this month and not have to worry about it ttc for another year like we did with Kizely... that SUCKED!

Hi well the best of luck hope you get your bfp
Well we are still waiting to get reversal as got to save the money to get it done
God I hate waiting I just want it done it keeps felling like it will never happen and I keep getting very very down hearted

hey :wave:

I sadly lost my baby :cry: had a missed miscarriage and had surgery last week :cry: but I will be back very soon with my 3rd VR miracle I know it! :thumbup:

Congrats again ttcpostvr, kizely sounds adorable! And yay for finishing chemo and getting back on the TTC wagon! :dance:

Mammyjuls- it will be here before you know it! It was about 4 yrs from when we first said we'd do it, to when we actually had it done....wishing you all the best of luck on your VR journey! :) xx

Awh, liveinhope, I am so sorry!!!! Big big hugs, and thinking of you!

thanks hun, its been a rough few weeks thats for sure but I have a lot to look forward to ahead so im focussing alot on the times ahead :thumbup: xx how are doing? Xx

thanks hun, its been a rough few weeks thats for sure but I have a lot to look forward to ahead so im focussing alot on the times ahead :thumbup: xx how are doing? Xx

I'm glad you are focussing on the path forward, and I hope you are also taking the time to grieve your loss...I'm doing ok, just waiting on another SA, and maybe doing IUI in late July if SA is good enough...soooo waiting game :)

thanks hunny, yes I have days where something happens and i just feel really down and cry at the slightest thing... I got my 12 week scan appointment through on weds for this weds and that set me off, i was so upset for the whole day :-(

Fingers crossed for your next SA! What does it have to be to be considered for IUI? It'll soon be here, it is a waiting game but it'll all be worth it in the end! I promise you that! :thumbup: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->