The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Hi cmo, Firstly im sorry things didn't work out, I know how you feel. Can you tell us what the results say then we can possibly elaborate for you x

hey, why the sad face! That is 1million per ml!! Each ejaculation can be up to 10ml, so thats up to 10million each time you bd......and how many does it take to make a baby??? 1!! And......we had 1million and we have conceived twice! What is the motility? That is an important figure.... You can have zillions per ml but the motility could be poor.... Only 4% of my hubbys swimmers were actually swimming, which took it down to 40,000 per ml.....

Its all about the timing! :thumbup: keep smiling! It only takes one!!

It said that the amount was too small to check! Damn nhs! Your post has really cheered me up! It's so true that it only takes one. I'm so grateful that we have 1million. I'm not sure how I'd cope if it was zero! X

oh no thats frustrating! What about where you had the op? Dont they offer follow sa testing?... As hubbys were so low they said we could come back in 6 months for another test to check for improvement....but thankfully we didnt need it....also, sperm increases after vr and after a year it is meant to be at its optimum amount...so we were told to ejaculate as much as possible to get the body used to realising that it needs to produce sperm etc..... Ive often wondered what hubbys count would be now xxxx

Hmmm, I don't know if that's exactly true, dh's 1st sa 26.6m/ml = 112m, 15% rapid linear, 6% morph.
2nd sa 15m/ml = 68m, 32% rapid linear, 3% morph.
3rd sa 22.8m/ml = 94m, didn't find out motility or morphology on this one.

We had no increase but still a good count despite the antibodies.

Sparkles, it does only take 1. The main thing is that you have some there :thumbup:

ah, thats interesting rachy! Wonder why i was told that then? :shrug: xxx

It probably does for the majority of ppl, I guess I have to think of the possibility of one of his tubes closing over time? Not that it matters how many he has now as natural pregnancy is only about 1% for us. I would rather have 1m healthy sperm that can get us pregnant than what we have x

Thanks Rachy. Here are the results

Sa1

Volume. 1.8ml.
Prog mot. 23%.
Non prog mot. 11%.
Immotile sperm. 66%.
Total motility. 34%.
Sperm conc (m/ml). 10.10.
Total sperm count (million) 18.20.
Total motile (million). 6.2.
Normal morphology. 6%.
Appearance. Normal.
Liquefaction. Normal.
Consistency. Normal.

The comments for first sample state:
Low volume (hypospermia) with ph of 7.6. Clear appearance due to low concentration and total sperm count. Only 9 immotile sperm see . Sample contains gelatinous bodies. Suggest referral.

Sa2

Volume. 1.1ml
Prog mot. Not done
Non prog mot. Not done
Immotile sperm. Not done
Total motility. Not done
Sperm conc (m/ml). 0.02
Total sperm count (million) 0.02
Total motile (million). Not done
Normal morphology. Too few
Appearance. AbNormal.
Liquefaction. Normal.
Consistency. Normal.

Second sample: low motility, concentration and total sperm count. Sample contains debris with debris stuck to sperm and mucus streaks. Suggest repeat to confirm/exclude.

Sorry for long post but can you ladies shed any light on these results?
Cxx

I wouldnt rule out a blockage/tube closure possibly even a "blowout". The debris is most likely undeveloped sperm cells and round cells, these are present in most samples. I wouldn't rule out agglutination. Have you tried vitamins?
Our second sa was quite reduced so we started dh on vit c 1000mg, vit e 400iu, zinc 15mg and tribulus 1200mg daily. Improvement was marked.
Vit c will help with agglutination, count and motility, vit e & zinc help create healthy vitality and tribulus increases testosterone thus increasing count and supposedly reduces antisperm antibodies.

Count isnt everything, live in hope had a poor count and managed pregnancy just 16 weeks after vr, we have a "normal" count and cant get pregnant.

I would start vitamins and get a retest in approx 6 months unless you start icsi before then x

thanks rachy, yer CMo i can't really help much in terms of interpretation of the figures, but the vitamins that rachy suggested are definitely a giod place to start! :thumbup: xxx

It's all so confusing!!! Think it was just a strange feeling seeing it all printed out and acutely seeing figures. After vr the consultant just said there was nothing present so we never bothered getting a second sample done. The only reason we got these 2 done was because it was mandatory for our icsi referral. I suppose I just expected it all to show zero's!!

We always said from day 1 that any chance no matter how small was better than the zero chance we had and now I'm over my 'psycho feeling like a failure stage' and accepted icsi is our best chance we can at least enjoy bd'ing for the next few months until treatment starts. You never know...... Miracles do happen!!

All this TTC really plays with your sanity!!

C xx

haha yes it does! :wacko: totally!! Miracles do happen indeed and quite often when you least expect it too! :thumbup: xxxx

Thanks girls. Our consultation is calling next week to discuss it. I'm going to get some fertilaid. I'm hoping they'll do a test for us. Least then we'll know if there's any live decent sperm.
I'm due to ovulate this weekend so we shall see xx

Cmo, have they recommended a tese for your dh prior to icsi?
I do think its the best option, you could go for a vr re-do but you'll probably have better luck with icsi.

Luckily because my dh has a good number of sperm, we dont need an extraction. We are doing it for genetic reasons though x

I'm not too sure Rachy but I would imagine so (poor DH!!)

We've not even considered a redo just because time is ticking for us and don't want to wait much longer. It's torture enough waiting the 12weeks for initial consultation but the nurse assured me the wait is because the nhs will fund all our initial tests/screens then we'll go onto the private list which moves much quicker. We're lucky we're in a good position to fund treatment now but it's been a long slog for the last 3.5 years!

What's next for you Rachy?

We have nhs funding for 3 cycles of PGD with ICSI. Im currently just waiting for our probes (used to detect a faulty gene in my embryos) I only have funding because I have 2 children with my genetic condition. This process is so long, we still have approx a year before we can start our first cycle. Even if by some miracle we got pregnant, I would need the cvs test but I honestly couldn't face termination. Pgd means they only implant healthy normal embryos so we can have a healthy child.

I remember when the clinic said dh would need a tese if there wasn't enough sperm present, he definitely crossed his legs tightly! I've never seen such relief on his face when they told him his count :haha: I really feel for your dh :(

Lol def don't think he's looking forward to it but just keep telling him if that's his only big part then he's getting off lightly. I've got months of injections ahead and labour lol. He gets very little sympathy from me, I'm a nurse so it's all used up at work, just keep telling him to man up lol��������

If I can help in anyway then I'm more then pleased to, I feel so lucky and even if it's just a chat ect then pls lady's go a head.
Good luck and I'll be thinking of you all for your bfp's.

Who so excited we family got the money together and my husband is going to see consultant on 3rd September for first consolation so hope all gos well and hopefully he will have his op soon so really looking forward to it I am still charting my ovulation etc ......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->