The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Thanks :) just left Dh as he was going into theatre, have to collect him in a few hours, hopefully he won't be too sore.

Ok so all went well, the consultant also removed a lump of grizzle that was left behind from original procedure, when I asked if there were any sperm present he said there was nothing in the tube ?? But thats ok, has this happened to anyone?

hey hows he doing? Yes i think thats nothing to worry about. I didnt ask my surgeon and he didnt say whether he saw any sperm..im guessing he didnt otherwise he would have said :thumbup: hope he has a nice gentle recovery xxx

Hi there, he didn't sleep all night must have been the morphine?? Lots of bruising but so far not much pain at all, he's on an anti b plus anti inflammatory but not pain killers taken yet. They gave him a note for a week off work but will see how he is feeling. So far so good :)

excellent! :thumbup: my hubby was like that too! It was so black i couldnt believe it didnt hurt him :shock: but yer he didnt take any pain relief until about 3 days later and that was only because the strap was digging in due to the swelling... He ended up taking it off and wearing two pairs of pants..that seemed to give him enough support... Cant remember when he took it off though....about 3 days maybe? Cant remember... Its hubbys 4 yr vr anniversary next week...he had it done on his birthday! :haha: xx

Babyno2 my surgeon told DH at the time he saw sperm and when he squeezed the tube it came through. He said the main problem was his body rejecting (antibodies?? or something was mentioned)

Good luck, hope it all goes well and DH is recovering nicely!

Hope hubby recovers well, who did you use?
My af is now over but I was late so has pushed me back this month, meaning I might not be ov when we're away! Grr. I'm going to take soy again from today but I'm starting on day 4 rather than day two like last month.
Here we go again!

I'm based in Dublin, Ireland, used the only surgeon I could find that would do it :) cost €4300!! Sooo expensive. he said we can start trying after ten days, Dh is fully black and blue !! Looks terrible and looks like he only had one ball ;-)

Babyno2 my surgeon told DH at the time he saw sperm and when he squeezed the tube it came through. He said the main problem was his body rejecting (antibodies?? or something was mentioned)

Good luck, hope it all goes well and DH is recovering nicely!

Praying there are no anti bodies. We are booked for sperm analysis in four weeks. My fertile week is just after his healed time so at least we can try straight away.

its mad how black and blue it is isnt it? I was so shocked and couldnt believe he wasnt in pain, it looked just awful lol. Its good that you get to try this cycle too! :thumbup: you never know! :winkwink: you havnt got long to wait until your sa test either! :thumbup: didnt know they did them that soon after! Xxxx

Good luck! It does look awful but after a week or so it gets so much better.

Well ladies a wee bit of exciting news here..... We've finally got our initial consultation for icsi on sept 26th!! Can't believe that after 3 and a half years we're finally starting to get somewhere! Feel sick with nerves just now!!! Eeek!!

That's so exciting! I'm thinking we might need to go down that route. Did you get referred from your VR clinic?

Well ladies a wee bit of exciting news here..... We've finally got our initial consultation for icsi on sept 26th!! Can't believe that after 3 and a half years we're finally starting to get somewhere! Feel sick with nerves just now!!! Eeek!!

Great news :happydance:
I understand how the waiting really gets to you, we were referred for pgd with icsi last October and are probably still a year out from starting. The nhs are so slow!
I have my fingers crossed it will work first time for you :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"