The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Thanks ladies. Trying not to get too far ahead of myself but it is exciting!

Rachy why are you waiting so long? My friend is just about to start icsi on nhs here. They waited a year from their initial appt.

Sparkles my GP referred me and done all our initial bloods and SA. We could self refer if we went to a private clinic but we chose to go private through the nhs. Been a bit of waiting so far as technically we are on the nhs list just now until after our first appt then we join their private list which goes quicker. I think the only difference is that nhs fund everything until the actual treatment starts then we pay then. It worked out a good bit cheaper than going private. I feel bad worrying about cost but was just thinking if we need more than one cycle the money we save will come in handy. Plus the hospital is literally 5 mins away from private clinic and it's exactly the same doctors that do both!

Pgd is much different to icsi. I carry a genetic mutation which is autosomal dominant. Both of my children are affected. Its a long referral process. I saw my gp last October then the geneticist in late December, had our first pgd appointment in late April and again in July with fertility tests in between. Now we are waiting for our probes so they can test my embryos, this bit takes approximately 9 months. We should be able to start in April but I want to delay treatment for personal reasons.

The Londons womens clinic do 3 cycle packages, might be worth a bit of investigating?

I'm up in scotland so not practical to have treatment down in London just for all the travelling back and forward for appointments. I'm a nurse and based in the hospital we will do our treatment in so makes it much easier for nipping away to appointments.

I see, much easier for you then. There's a LWC in Darlington northeast uk, just 15mins away from me. For my pgd I have to have all scans during stimming at Leeds centre for reproductive medicine then I have to travel to Guys Hospital London for egg collection and transfer. Its gonna be so expensive. I think its a good job we secured funding :wacko:

So Dh has his op on Saturday, last night he said he had no pain so I 'relieved him' was this too soon? I was very gentle, his sperm smelt different and seemed thicker?? There was a tiny bit of pink blood also. Was it too soon he was a bit worried. Sorry if it's tmi :-(

Babyno2 I'm sure all will be fine. Our surgeon never gave us a timescale just said to see how DH felt and as long as there was no pain it would be fine.

That's a relief, the surgeon said about 10 days but Dh seems to be mending quick :)

ooh really, i thought we were impatient waiting 13 days! :haha: well as long as it felt ok i guess! Id keep up with the relieving manually business until theres no sign of blood, then when its clear you know your good to go :thumbup: whoop whoop! Xx

morning ladies, dh is still healing well, my brain is gone into over drive over there being no fluid/sperm present during the procedure.. i really need to stop looking on google :-(, sa is in three weeks, not long to wait, i need to prepare myself for it not working straight away... i have also read that alot have m/c due to the quality of the sperm post op???

oh, ive never heard that one before? :shrug: yes, you need to stay away from google :thumbup: xxx

morning ladies, dh is still healing well, my brain is gone into over drive over there being no fluid/sperm present during the procedure.. i really need to stop looking on google :-(, sa is in three weeks, not long to wait, i need to prepare myself for it not working straight away... i have also read that alot have m/c due to the quality of the sperm post op???

Try not to worry hun, it may have just been a little slow at coming through. PMA :thumbup:

Try not to worry hun, it may have just been a little slow at coming through. PMA :thumbup:

I'll try :blush:

Hi all my hubby has his op on Wednesday we are nervous and excited. How soon after can he have any action?
As hubby has read that it takes some time for the sperm to come through think he said 30 times? X

We waited 11 days :haha:
I think as long as he feels ok and there are no signs of bleeding then he'll be fine.
For us, we dtd about 15 times before our first semen analysis which was 9wks post vr, we got a count of 112million :thumbup:

We waited 11 days :haha:
I think as long as he feels ok and there are no signs of bleeding then he'll be fine.
For us, we dtd about 15 times before our first semen analysis which was 9wks post vr, we got a count of 112million :thumbup:
Thankyou for you message that's great wow :) x

Just here at gatwick spire hospital now. Wish us luck I will keep you all updated. It's been nice to know there's been somewhere to post while we've been getting ready for this thankyou x

Just here at gatwick spire hospital now. Wish us luck I will keep you all updated. It's been nice to know there's been somewhere to post while we've been getting ready for this thankyou x

good luck today, my dh is 11 days post operation so far so good :thumbup:

Good luck today. I used this site since a year before our vr, its fantastic and so supportive in every aspect :) x

good luck today, my dh is 11 days post operation so far so good :thumbup:
Thankyou my hubby is in recovery they said so hopefully he'll be back soon.
How is your hubby doing? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->