The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Just here at gatwick spire hospital now. Wish us luck I will keep you all updated. It's been nice to know there's been somewhere to post while we've been getting ready for this thankyou x

Good luck today. I used this site since a year before our vr, its fantastic and so supportive in every aspect :) x
I agree it's great.
Looks like I'll be on here quite a lot now :) x

hey mummyto10! How is hubby doing? Sorry i didnt get to post yesterday! Congratulations on getting the vr and heres to a happy healing few weeks :thumbup: welcome to your ttc after vr journey :dance:
Wish you lots of love and luck and we're here when you need us! :thumbup: xxx

hey mummyto10! How is hubby doing? Sorry i didnt get to post yesterday! Congratulations on getting the vr and heres to a happy healing few weeks :thumbup: welcome to your ttc after vr journey :dance:
Wish you lots of love and luck and we're here when you need us! :thumbup: xxx

Hiya thankyou for your nice comment.
he's in quite a bit of pain tonight is that normal?
Hubby's already wondering how long we have to wait until we can dtd lol men xxx

We are 11 days post op, Dh has had thrush all week :-( hopefully he is clear tomorrow. We bought a home sperm testing kit just to see if it's negative or positive so far.

We are 11 days post op, Dh has had thrush all week :-( hopefully he is clear tomorrow. We bought a home sperm testing kit just to see if it's negative or positive so far.
Oh no babybabyno2 I hope he's feeling better soon.
Have you used the testing kit?
That's a good idea buying one of those x

yes i think pain is normal. My hubby didnt have any pain and i remember thinking that wasnt normal lol. pain after a intricate surgical procedure is to be expected and swelling and bruising! I doubt you've had a good look yet but my goodness does it bruise! But it goes down and heals so quickly you'd be amazed! Keep up with a good healing routine, keep it clean etc as infections are common so the more you can do to prevent, the better :thumbup: men are so funny arent they? Hubby was the same, he dtd himself at 11/12 days post op and as it felt ok and there was no blood, we did it the next day at 13 days post op. :thumbup:

oh no! :dohh: thats poo! And i bet its quite uncomfortable around his delicates..... Although it had all healed ok before he got the thrush didnt it? Fngers crossed it clears quickly :thumbup: oooh good luck with the home sperm testing kit. :dance: do they just tell you whether there is sperm present or does it tell you anything else? :shrug: let us know wont you? Xx

Oh no babybabyno2 I hope he's feeling better soon.
Have you used the testing kit?
That's a good idea buying one of those x

Hopefully trying the kit tonight.

yes i think pain is normal. My hubby didnt have any pain and i remember thinking that wasnt normal lol. pain after a intricate surgical procedure is to be expected and swelling and bruising! I doubt you've had a good look yet but my goodness does it bruise! But it goes down and heals so quickly you'd be amazed! Keep up with a good healing routine, keep it clean etc as infections are common so the more you can do to prevent, the better :thumbup: men are so funny arent they? Hubby was the same, he dtd himself at 11/12 days post op and as it felt ok and there was no blood, we did it the next day at 13 days post op. :thumbup:

oh no! :dohh: thats poo! And i bet its quite uncomfortable around his delicates..... Although it had all healed ok before he got the thrush didnt it? Fngers crossed it clears quickly :thumbup: oooh good luck with the home sperm testing kit. :dance: do they just tell you whether there is sperm present or does it tell you anything else? :shrug: let us know wont you? Xx
Thankyou for the message that helps a lot lol it shall tell hubby about dtd x

Hi there, we have just done it, now to wait 60mins for the results.

https://www.inhealth.ie/testpoint-male-sperm-count-motility-test.html

Don't be upset if it gives you a negative result. It says it looks for 20 million/ml motile sperm. He may well have 20m/ml but only 15% of that motile. It doesn't mean he has no sperm present if you get a negative result. Home scoping is the best way to check for sperm as you see them visually through the microscope although they are expensive x

Don't be upset if it gives you a negative result. It says it looks for 20 million/ml motile sperm. He may well have 20m/ml but only 15% of that motile. It doesn't mean he has no sperm present if you get a negative result. Home scopingis the best way to check for sperm as you see them visually through the microscope although they are expensive x

I know for some reason I just wanted to try it. We've also ordered a microscope too :)

Ok so it's a very complicated test to do but it showed a positive result not getting my hopes up but its a start :)

Hi that's great news I bet you at excited. I said to hubby about the test and we are gonna do one in a couple of weeks.
We got an email from mr swinn's secretary and mr swinn said there was scarring is this normal?
Here's a copy of the email my hubby sent her and a copy of her reply any thoughts or replies would be helpful thank you

Hi

Apparently Mr Swinn did speak to you afterwards in the recovery unit but you were probably sleepy.

The operation went well although there was some scarring on both sides but a good join was achieved.

The op letter has been signed so you should receive this in the post shortly.

If you want to have your semen tested locally then you need to arrange this with your GP.

Kind regards
Lesley

Hi Lesley
Could you please find out if the operation went ok as I didn't see Dr Swinn the next day, all so was there any live sperm in the tubes and can I do my sample in 3 months at a local hospital instead of going all the way to Surrey

Many thanks

Gary

Ok so it's a very complicated test to do but it showed a positive result not getting my hopes up but its a start :)

wow thats excellent! :thumbup: a very positive start for you! My hubby only had 1m p/ml 3 months post op, it only takes 1 :spermy:

Hi that's great news I bet you at excited. I said to hubby about the test and we are gonna do one in a couple of weeks.
We got an email from mr swinn's secretary and mr swinn said there was scarring is this normal?
Here's a copy of the email my hubby sent her and a copy of her reply any thoughts or replies would be helpful thank you

Hi

Apparently Mr Swinn did speak to you afterwards in the recovery unit but you were probably sleepy.

The operation went well although there was some scarring on both sides but a good join was achieved.

If you want to have your semen tested locally then you need to arrange this with your GP.

Kind regards
Lesley

Hi Lesley
Could you please find out if the operation went ok as I didn't see Dr Swinn the next day, all so was there any live sperm in the tubes and can I do my sample in 3 months at a local hospital instead of going all the way to Surrey

Many thanks

Gary

hey :wave: do you know what the scarring was from? His original vasectomy? My hubby had scarring from his original. v and he had an accident back in 2005 that detatched his testicle from his scrotum :sick: and it twisted and got infected, had to have an emergency op so there was scarring from that and the surgeon thought he would only be able to reattach one side but no, he was able to do both :thumbup: so scarring may make things trickier from a surgical point of view but if the surgery was able to be complete then id say the chances of success are as good as anybody's! :thumbup: xx

wow thats excellent! :thumbup: a very positive start for you! My hubby only had 1m p/ml 3 months post op, it only takes 1 :spermy:

Hi

Kind regards
Lesley

Hi Lesley

Many thanks

Gary

hey :wave: do you know what the scarring was from? His original vasectomy? My hubby had scarring from his original. v and he had an accident back in 2005 that detatched his testicle from his scrotum :sick: and it twisted and got infected, had to have an emergency op so there was scarring from that and the surgeon thought he would only be able to reattach one side but no, he was able to do both :thumbup: so scarring may make things trickier from a surgical point of view but if the surgery was able to be complete then id say the chances of success are as good as anybody's! :thumbup: xx
Yes from the original vasectomy is that normal?
Oh wow your poor hubby but that's great they were able to attach both sides.
Thanks for the message it's a waiting game for now then x

yer i would expect scarring, i guess when you think how thin the skin is down there it would be very likely that there would be scar tissue but its ok, just slightly tougher id assume :shrug: xx

yer i would expect scarring, i guess when you think how thin the skin is down there it would be very likely that there would be scar tissue but its ok, just slightly tougher id assume :shrug: xx
Thankyou that is true what you are saying we just got worried x

wow cool vid! :thumbup: and what a lovely way to begin your vr journey :thumbup: ours was mega hush hush....as far as anybody knew id married an older guy with 4 kids from a previous marriage who had had a vasectomy and i didnt want any children.....i knew my parents were saddened by the thought that i wouldnt have any children and couldnt quite understand it, especially as i work with them, so imagine their surprise when we took them out for a meal and told them we were expecting! They didnt even know about the op! They thought he'd had a knee op :haha: they were over the moon.

So how old are your children? You pair dont look old enough to have 9 kiddies!! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->