The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

So I guess I need to invest in lots of vitamins etc to improve morphology and reduce antibodies. Any suggestions? I came across some suggestions for antibodies yesterday but they where very very expensive x

Tribulus is supposed to reduce AsAb's, my dh has been taking 1200mg daily for 6 months and we conceived a few cycles ago so who knows, maybe it does help :shrug:
He also takes 30mg zinc, 400iu vit e, 1000mg vit c and 400 folic acid daily.
Most studies suggest that AsAb's and morphology can't be sorted but I guess anything is worth a shot right :thumbup:

Well I'm feeling a lot more positive today. I gave it alot of thought last night and had one last cry. If it was going to be totally impossible I just don't think Dr Harriss could get away with saying that everything looks good! Plus surely it would be illegal to lie in testimonials?! If I hadent have asked for more info I would never have even known there was the slightest of problems and this must be the case for many other couples, there must be so many out there some even who have conceived who never had a clue that they had a problem with antibodies. Everything else is above average even the morphology which is poor but it's above average by 2%?! So I will see what he says when we hopefully hear from him today but I am having faith that we have every chance. It clearly isn't impossible rachy since you got your bfp. There is hope for us both xx

Live in hope I read that whole thread, check you out a brolly girl! My hubby is a huge superbikes and Moto gp fan! Xx

Hi ladies, so my gp made a mistake on the phone she forgot to take into account dh had a reversal!!! so the results are fine.

sperm count 18million
motility 9% (low but she said this will improve with time)
progression 6%
Non progressive 3%
Morphology 4% normal
Morphology 96% abnormal
agglutination 0

I just noticed on the results page it says "mar test, not done" but our gp said there were no anti bodies present??

Ah baby number 2, don't get me started on mar tests! This is purely a guess but I understand the mar test is done if there is agglutination (clumping together of spetm) and you had none which suggests no antibodies x

Rachy where do you get your tribulus? It's in stock on Holland and Barrett but it's only 250mg so he would eventually be taking 5 tablets a day! Do you know of somewhere safe that sells 500mg or higher? X

Ah baby number 2, don't get me started on mar tests! This is purely a guess but I understand the mar test is done if there is agglutination (clumping together of spetm) and you had none which suggests no antibodies x

oh that makes sense now :)

also she recommended zinc and vitamin c

I was recommended this today, quite pricey but supposed to be fantastic, may start taking it myself too! ....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lipolife-Gold-Liposomal-Vitamin-250ml/dp/B0087HW65K/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

is this the correct one ?

https://www.vit-shop.ie/store/p/14125/1/Weider-Nutrition-Tribulus-Terrestris-120-Capsules.html

I get it from myprotein.com. its 300mg tablets and he take 2 on a morning and 2 in the evening. He gets the Tribulus Pro because its 95% saponins whereas most are only 40% or something.

Babyno2, as elmo said, no mar test was required as you have no agglutination, thats fantastic news!
Tribulus also increases testosterone thus increasing count and libido (always a good thing when ttc).

I get it from myprotein.com. its 300mg tablets and he take 2 on a morning and 2 in the evening. He gets the Tribulus Pro because its 95% saponins whereas most are only 40% or something.

Babyno2, as elmo said, no mar test was required as you have no agglutination, thats fantastic news!
Tribulus also increases testosterone thus increasing count and libido (always a good thing when ttc).

Thanks Rachy

Live in hope I read that whole thread, check you out a brolly girl! My hubby is a huge superbikes and Moto gp fan! Xx

aagghhh really! :blush: that seems ages ago now! I forfeighted my waistline for boobs :haha: I will have to have a read now I can't remember why Id be talking about that! :shrug: x

Glad to hear you're more positive today and you're right, you only feel how you do because of what you know. I said that to hubby...he had 4 kids previously but it doesnt mean he had a high count with good motility before....he may have had low count etc before but was just super lucky with timing etc (dont like to spend too much time on thinkig about him and his ex conceiving :rofl:) but you know what I mean..lol x

Ok get this i rang the lab yesterday so the embryologist rang me back there she said they didnt test for anti bodies as the sample was too small plus we wont conceive with our results as they are, she recommended we look at IVF :wacko::wacko::wacko: i have now faxed our results to the surgeon to ring me on it.

You can conceive with those numbers; live in hope conceived with less!¡!
Its also not long since the vr and that count will continue to get better. Of course the embryolosist suggested ivf, they want your money, give it some time, if you get to the 1 year mark with no bfp then look into it further but for now, just enjoy ttc...it only takes one!

You can conceive with those numbers; live in hope conceived with less!¡!
Its also not long since the vr and that count will continue to get better. Of course the embryolosist suggested ivf, they want your money, give it some time, if you get to the 1 year mark with no bfp then look into it further but for now, just enjoy ttc...it only takes one!

my only worry is they didnt test for anti bodies :wacko:

We got pregnant naturally with only 400,000 count 2 months before! And our highest count was only 7 million. Took us 14 months after surgery (and a failed IVF in between)

That being said, if we're not pregnant again by next summer, we're trying IVF again.

And they did test for antibodies with us, we had none. Can you get another test for antibodies?

We got pregnant naturally with only 400,000 count 2 months before! And our highest count was only 7 million. Took us 14 months after surgery (and a failed IVF in between)

That being said, if we're not pregnant again by next summer, we're trying IVF again.

And they did test for antibodies with us, we had none. Can you get another test for antibodies?

they said to wait another three months and then get tested to check it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->