The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Babyno2 please try not to worry about the antibodies, there must be so many men out there who have them and don't know therefore them and their partners don't stress about it which must help. I spent the first part of the weekend in tears over these dam antibodies and if I hadn't made the clinic give us extra information I wouldn't have even known.

If your figures are better than live in hopes then I see no reason to jump to IVF. Like Rachy says they may just want your money. Live in conceived with less than that and pretty dam quick too :)

Aim hoping to finally hear back from Mr Harriss today so I will let you know what he says with regards the antibodies but you may not even have them, or at least not 100% like us. xx

Babyno2 please try not to worry about the antibodies, there must be so many men out there who have them and don't know therefore them and their partners don't stress about it which must help. I spent the first part of the weekend in tears over these dam antibodies and if I hadn't made the clinic give us extra information I wouldn't have even known.

If your figures are better than live in hopes then I see no reason to jump to IVF. Like Rachy says they may just want your money. Live in conceived with less than that and pretty dam quick too :)

Aim hoping to finally hear back from Mr Harriss today so I will let you know what he says with regards the antibodies but you may not even have them, or at least not 100% like us. xx

thanks a mill for your reply, hopefully we both conceive soon or at least get answers. Our surgeon is writing a full explanation so should have that in tomorrows post.

ok good timing here it is, I suppose he is a very very experienced surgeon I will have to take his word for it and try and relax!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 8
hey ladies! That count and motility is really really good like dr harriss said! I cant belive i dont know what my anti-bodies etc were? I must dig out the paper work...but i had a look back in my journal and i only posted about my hubbys count and motility :shrug: so that must be the only figures i got given....im really intrigued to see what mine were as Dr harriss said every VR patient will have a positive result for anti-bodies....if i had known what my hubbys were then maybe it could offer some more reassurance. But seriously your count is fab! :thumbup: remember my hubbys was only 1ml per/ml with only 4% motility. Dya know, I might email the clinic, they should still have them on file somewhere? XXx

here was my post from my journal after I called the clinic the day after hubby handed in his sperm sample. It was 3 days before xmas we got the disappointing news....

It's not good, but it'll be ok.

They'd like to see 20million per ml and DH has only 1million and only 4% of those are swimming.... so it is quite low. She recommended that he ejaculate regulary (which he has been doing) as that should flush out the dead/non swimmers. She said although its low its not a surprise after the time since original Vasectomy (8years). She said we could always test again in 3months to make sure things are still moving. She said the surgeon hasnt seen the results yet but will send a letter out once he has.
I'm a little disheartened but ok, 4%is better than 0% and it only takes one little :spermy: so c'mon little one's, you can do it!! (this week preferably!!) lol
xx

Then on New Years Eve I received the letter in the post, basically sayin the same as what the receptionist had said. I remember feeling quite bummed for a few days but I remember not letting hubby see me down. Didnt want him to feel bad after what he'd done for us with having the op in the first place.... So we got the news 3 days before xmas, i ovulated on boxing day and conceived.... I didnt find out until 8th Jan though.... Was in absolute total shock! Seems a lifetime ago now though :nope: xx

ive just emaild catherine dr harriss' PA....i hope she still is :haha: it was 4 years ago!! Im really intrigued! X

She still is and she is LOVELY! Spoke to her lots this last week or so :) xx

thanks! She is lovely isnt she! Many a email was passed between us before the op. I haven't heard from her yet....I wasnt expecting a reply straight away but I wondered if I sent it to the right address...would you be able to pm the email address you used so I can see if it was the same? The website is just one of those forms you fill out and they get back to you xx

I get it from myprotein.com. its 300mg tablets and he take 2 on a morning and 2 in the evening. He gets the Tribulus Pro because its 95% saponins whereas most are only 40% or something.

Babyno2, as elmo said, no mar test was required as you have no agglutination, thats fantastic news!
Tribulus also increases testosterone thus increasing count and libido (always a good thing when ttc).

Hi there, I got dh the Tribulus Pro can he take fertilaid motility boost also?

Any news ladies?
We have our icsi appointment in 4 weeks, really nervous about it :wacko:

Any news ladies?
We have our icsi appointment in 4 weeks, really nervous about it :wacko:

what's icis? sorry new to all this.

Our surgeon wrote regarding the SA to us say "it shows a reasonable sperm count with poor motility this should improve with continued ejaculation" he suggests another SA in three months.

Its ivf but they inject a single sperm into an egg rather than let the sperm fertilise it themselves. We're having our embryos genetically tested for my heart disease.

A repeat sa is a good idea :thumbup: it can improve quite alot in that time. The only suggestions I can give are no alcohol, cut back on caffeine, showers only, loose boxer shorts and no heat near the dangly bits ;)

Its ivf but they inject a single sperm into an egg rather than let the sperm fertilise it themselves. We're having our embryos genetically tested for my heart disease.

A repeat sa is a good idea :thumbup: it can improve quite alot in that time. The only suggestions I can give are no alcohol, cut back on caffeine, showers only, loose boxer shorts and no heat near the dangly bits ;)

Ah very good fingers crossed all goes well :)

dh doesn't drink alcohol tea or coffee and is on strict orders to wear loose boxers ☺ with a lowish sperm count should we be trying every day on the week of ovulation ?

Hello ladies,
My husband and I have two children, 6yrs and 3yrs. My son was 7 weeks prem due to my cervix but my daughter went full term as I had the cervical stitch inserted..
My preg with my daughter was awful, I was sick, hubby and I didn't like each other, I lost my nan who was like my mum and got depressed so when Savannah was born I was adamant I didn't want anymore despite hubby saying he would.. Then business got hard and he agreed we couldn't handle anymore so he had a vasectomy in 2012 I can't remember exactly when but now he's in a new line of business and I just had a few moments of clarity about what's important. We only get to be a mum to young ones for such a short time and I come from a big family so hubby is ecstatic that I've agreed to try but as we already have two are we being greedy going through all this for another? And there's the worry that there would be more chance of something going wrong or abnormalities? Are these the sorts of worries you ladies had?

Babyno2, try as little or as much as you like ;) I do think every day around ovulation will give you better chances but try not to burn each other out. Have you tried the sperm meets egg plan (smep)?

Hi Charlie, welcome to the board!
I don't think your being greedy, I have 2 children with my dh and like you circumstances changed for us. When our second child was 1, I was diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (footballer Muamba suffered a cardiac arrest on the pitch because of it) and we subsequently had our children gene tested. We found that both our children had inherited it from me so thats when dh had his vasectomy. After 4 years we discussed the fact that we still have 50% chance of an unaffected child and my condition was relatively well managed so we went for the vr. Sadly though, my youngest has multiple heart issues and once we discovered her other issues we decided natural pregnancy isnt the best option. We are now heading down the icsi with pgd route.
We also discovered dh had antisperm antibodies from his vasectomy so natural pregnancy is highly unlikely anyway.
I don't think you need to worry about abnormalities unless you already know of a familial genetic issue.
If you really want this then go for it, if you don't then you'll always be wondering "what if" xx

Thanks Rachy, appreciate the post :)

I've read about the antibodies how common is this? Dh is very excited it was his idea to try again and have the VR but our youngest starts school in sept so it's finally getting easier then we'll be right back in nappies hahahaha

Almost all men who have had a vasectomy will have some level of antibodies. It's the amount of antibodies present that cause immune infertility. Less than 50% shouldn't make a significant impact on fertility. I would never say to anyone not to have a reversal because of them because I know it can and does work, plenty here have conceived :thumbup:
If your concerned about AsAb's then go straight for a testicular sperm extraction and icsi x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->