The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Well dh has now said he wants 4 kids haha so he's def going to VR but apparently the surgeon can also extract sperm to freeze just in case..

What is ICSI? Is it the same as IVF?

In ivf they put the sperm in a dish and let them fertilise the egg on their own. In icsi they inject a single sperm into the egg to fertilise it. Icsi has a higher fertilisation rate especially where male factor is concerned x

Ah ok thanks for explaining! I bet that's expensive isn't it! It's funny how the NHS are happy to perform V for free but VR is thousands!

hey :wave: hows everybody doing? I never did hear back from Bev at the clinic! :shrug: oh well, long shot (or the email address i have isnt longer in use.):shrug:
Im still waiting to ov this cycle....things were going so well the past few months, now im cd28 and no +opk yet :cry: my body hates me.... :cry:
Hope everybody is ok xxx

Hi there, I'm currently in the 2ww, 6 dpo I think. Really am going to try and not obsess this month, feel a bit better now we have the results that the reversal worked whereas before I was worried it didn't.

aww thats great! :thumbup: yep nice and relaxed is the way to go! I wondered if my cycles were wappy and erratic because I was obsessing too much about gettig pregnant but then I think I was more obsessed after vr because I had never been pregnant before and therefore was trying harder to get pregnant etc...so it cant be that....i have no idea why its like it....first thing i thought was the MC i had nearly 18m ago, then i blamed it on my gallbladder removal surgery which was a year ago.....both of which couldnt pssibly be the cause over a year on?? :shrug: xx

Charlie welcome! :) Try not to think about antibodies there is some suggestion that antibodies in males who have had a vr are different to antibodies in males who have not fathered children or had a vr. Our surgeon is adamant the antibodies will make no difference to us conceiving and my husband has 100% antibodies.

I am five days late (two based on my longest recent cycle) but bfn. Frustrating xx

hey elmo! Ooh 5 days late! Frustrating yes! Any signs/symptoms? Im cd32 and still waiting for ov! :cry: thought my cycles had sorted themselves out, but obviously not! :cry: xx

Did you find the email address? I never heard back from the email i sent to the address i had for them? Xxx

Thanks Elmo! 5 days late thats exciting! Any update?

We are booked in with Dr Swinn in Gatwick on Jan 7th but hubby has now said hes found Dr Harriss in Nottingham who can do the op next week1 He's super excited but I havent researched this surgeon at all - I can see him on the front page of this thread so I know others have used him but can anyone reassure me that he is decent? Also seems like we are rushing - I mean if it was meant to be wouldnt Dr Swinn have an earlier appt? lol I think I need a cup of tea... :)

duncan Harriss is a legend!!!! He did my hubbys! He was amazing! We were very pleased with him, very friendly, thorough and well, we have conceived twice since he did his magic! :thumbup: hubby also had scarring on one of his testicles from an injury afew years before the reversal and when we told him about it, he was worried he wouldnt be able to re-attach both sides, but he did :thumbup: xx

The usual I've every symptom again this month, only difference is I've had lots of strange cramps the last few days and feel wet alot with a white cm.

I think af has just started, last month it started the same like light brown, 2 days early, I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with me. Never had any of this until we started ttc??? Would it be worth my while going to a gyny? it feels like I get so far and then it just doesn't happen ?? I know that's hard to understand but my body doesn't feel right a week after trying. I get pains down my leg in the left from my lower stomach.

Thanks live_in_hope that's awesome to hear! We're travelling up on the 14th so fingers crossed all goes well and we can start trying after Xmas! :)

How long have you been trying babybabyno2? X

My Ovulation is late this month, I never ovulate late :shrug:
Im getting strong pains though so its definitely imminent!
Live in hope, wheres your egg? X

Thanks live_in_hope that's awesome to hear! We're travelling up on the 14th so fingers crossed all goes well and we can start trying after Xmas! :)

How long have you been trying babybabyno2? X

ooh fab! Keep us posted! My hubby had his done on his birthday! (I know :haha: ) it was his 44th birthday and the room we were in was room 44!! Lol. When he went down to theatre they let me decorate his room with balloons and banners and things , it was a long day but a truly memorable one to say the least! :thumbup: wish you the bes t of luck on your vr ttc journey!!

My Ovulation is late this month, I never ovulate late :shrug:
Im getting strong pains though so its definitely imminent!
Live in hope, wheres your egg? X

hey! I know right!! :growlmad: yours must be with mine somewhere!!:haha: i thought my horribly long cycles were a thing of the past...:shrug: although like you, been having pains last few days and my goodness, ive never had so much watery cm! :shock: still no +opk, a very close one, but no positive yet :dohh: my amount of watery cm is my green light though so we'll just get in as much :sex: as poss........ Hooe yours comes soon! :thumbup: x

I think af has just started, last month it started the same like light brown, 2 days early, I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with me. Never had any of this until we started ttc??? Would it be worth my while going to a gyny? it feels like I get so far and then it just doesn't happen ?? I know that's hard to understand but my body doesn't feel right a week after trying. I get pains down my leg in the left from my lower stomach.

Hmm thats strange...did you track your cycles before ttc? Did you know you had a 28 day cycle? Pains a week after trying i would think maybe implantation or something? But if it happens everytime, i dont know :shrug: how are you testing for ovulation? (Sorry if youve akready said):dohh: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->