The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Afternoon ladies I've been following this thread for a little while but now we hVe booked a date for my husbands VR I've decided to jump in. Huge congratulations babyno2 that is fantastic news to hear, so encouraging for those of us about to start this journey. My DH is booked in with Mr Harriss on 19th jan but we are not in a rush to ttc due to a once in a lifetime holiday to Florida we have booked in June, so we will be winging it for 5 months before making a conscious effort after the holiday. Good luck ladies and hopes for and exciting 2015.

That's great liveinhope! Happy bd'ing :) maybe don't tell him it's ovulation but say you need a good weekend before you have six weeks of abstinence :) x

We used Dr Harriss and have nothing but good things to say about him - good luck!

welcome siberiananya! :wave: congrats on the upcoming vr! Im a duncan harriss sucess story too! :dance: we were thrilled with him and the service xx

We managed to bd last night, but that was it...even though i got another positive opk today, so ov will probably be tonight/tomorrow. We are feeling the strain of ttc, hubby moreso but his lack of interest and effort is really draining on me and i feel very low anout things at the min....grrrrrr. Itl be fine im sure xxxx

Hi all
Im new to this thread too. My partner had his reversal 1 year ago by Dr Harris. The op was unsuccessful as his analysis showed zero sperm. We are having to have IVF so start this soon hopefully. Is there anyone on here who had bad results to start with and then went on to have babies? IVF is such a scary thought.

Hi siberian, good luck with your upcoming vr!

Ttc2013. My situation is different to yours as we do have sperm but severe antisperm antibodies so technically our vr was also unsuccessful. We are waiting to begin our first cycle of ivf so I totally get how you feel. Im really sorry the vr didn't work for you. Its can be gut wrenching when you learn others get a bfp right away and you find yourself still waiting 2 years down the road. Im a firm believer in "good things come to those who wait" our miracles will happen :) x

Hi Rachy 2013, thanks for your reply.
I know its so upsetting. DR Harris said the op was a success so just sucks to find that nothing is getting through after it all. I'm praying IVF works for us. Its such an emotional and financial worry. When do you begin your ivf? I'm not sure whether to go for IVF or ICSI. What are you going for? How long ater your vasectomy did you have the reversal? x

We're doing icsi with genetic testing. If you have no sperm in the sample then your dh will need a testicular sperm extraction so you'll probably need icsi. We expect to begin our first cycle around march/april with FET in august/September. We want to delay transfer due to holiday plans. Luckily our icsi is nhs funded but only because of genetic reasons.
Dh had his vasectomy in august 2009 and vr in April 2013 so about 3yrs 8 months between the two. The thought of the whole process of icsi kinda scares me but after talking to others, once you start it seems to be a breeze (thats what im hoping) x

Yeah were getting sperm aspiration. They said because there is no actual problem with either of us and because my partner has fathered a child then IVF would be the most likely route. Will just have to see what the sperm is like after aspiration. The whole thing worries me. I find it really unfair aswell that we have to fund ourselves even when I don't have children. They told me we are likely to start within 2 months after our blood tests. We have weddings and holidays this year too but I think were always going to have something on so are just going for it. x

I think ull need icsi, any sperm they get wont be matured so you'll definitely have a better fertilisation rate with icsi than standard ivf. I would love to transfer straight away but as ive heart disease, there's no way ill be allowed to fly at any stage of pregnancy. As our holiday is already booked and paid for, waiting is the best option. I don't think its fair to penalise you because your partner has a child, everyone is entitled to become a parent. The rules need changing!
Dh and I have 2 children yet because they've both inherited my heart disease, they'll happily fund 3 cycles of PGD with ICSI despite dh having a v & vr!
Where are you cycling?

Huge congrats babyno2! Did you use Mr Swinn?
I've put it to the back of my mind, completely forgotten my cycle and everything! We have a gorgeous 11 week old puppy entertaining us instead!

Oh wow congratulations babybaby2 that's great news.
Hello everyone hope you all had a great Christmas we had a lovely time x

Im going to speak to the consultant when were next there about icsi / ivf, I think they wont know what procedure to do until they have a look at the sperm. Im going to Ninewells in Scotland. Its the closest to us and have heard good reviews. What about you? Least you have something to look forward too so try and enjoy your holiday. X

We'll be doing all of our stimming & scans at Leeds centre for reproductive medicine but travelling to Guy's in London for egg collection and transfer. Guy's will be testing our embryos for our genetic mutation. We live near Newcastle so its gonna be a lot of travelling :wacko:
I definitely will enjoy our hols, we've put it off for the last 2 years and I think the kids need our attention as the baby making has made everything else take the back seat. Im treating them to an easter weekend break then 2 weeks in Marmaris in july.

Nice temp rise Live in hope!
I decided to go with the flow this cycle and didn't temp. I wanted to enjoy Christmas but it got the better of me a few days ago. I don't even know if my suspected ovulation is right! Im either 8dpo or 11dpo :shrug:

Hey sparkles & Mummyto10!

Xx

That's it it's done.... Flights paid for, op paid for and taxi is booked. OMG it all just got a bit real ����

yay! Itl soon roll round! :dance:

Haha rachy, i did the same too! Wasnt going to temp then i took my temp sunday morning, it was very low, then i was sure i ovd between when i temped at 6:15am and 11am as i had creamy/sticky cm then. Then mon morning a huge (the biggest ever) shift! :thumbup: fx for us both this cycle!! Xxxxx

Well you bd at the right time & your temp is fab so fingers crossed x
I thought id O on cd13 because I had right sided O pain in the days leading upto it, then it started again on cd14&15 which is why I took my temp on cd16 and it was way too low to be a post O temp. Im just guessing...Wish id temped now :nope:
Xx

well i bd on the fri and didnt ov until the sunday....but bd was midnight friday and i ovd sunday morning, so it was about 30-35hours before ovulation.... Fx thats enough. Ff havnt changed my ov date though...surely it would go by the shift in temp? :shrug: maybe next month i will start temping at cd16ish, a week before ov....

Hi ladies,

I'm new to this site and was glad to find this thread! My and my OH have an appointment in Apr with Mr Harriss for a consultation. He has 2 children already from a previous relationship and had a vasectomy about 7 years ago now.

Very excited to start the process!

:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"