The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Hi there, I'm new to this thread. My DH had a VR in April last year and we have been TTC since we got the green light. Yesterday he told me that a few weeks ago he felt a tingle/twitching "down there" and was bothered by it so he tried to Google it but turned up nothing. Anyone else have this type of issue after VR? He was wondering if it might have been blockage that cleared or something. When he had the VR, the Dr told us that there were likely dead sperm that would have to make their way out. Could that possibly have taken that long? Confused...

hey hopefulwick! :wave:
Congrats on hubbys vr last year! Im sorry but I can't help you there, its not something my hubbys experienced.....well not that he's said anyway.... If it continues or causes him alot of pain/discomfort, maybe a trip to the GP, just to get checked out?? X are you in the uk? x

Hi everyone, what have I missed? Any pregnancies? New ladies? No luck for us. I had a really good feeling about this month but I'm due on tomorrow (based on my 30 day cycles) and just got another bfn on a first response. This is the 7th cycle by my calculations and I wonder now if those antibodies are the thing standing in our way :( x

Live in I never did give you that email address! I checked my messages to see if you replied as I sent it by private message but it seems it never sent as there are no messages to you in private messages! Here is the email I use for Dr Harris's PA Catherine - [email protected] x

So I did finally find a few people on other threads who had successful pregnancies even with hubby having 100% antibodies. It gave me the very small amount of hope needed. Think I am realising that it could happen, but it probably won't happenanytime soon. I think I would like him to have another SA but not sure what the costs would be. Maybe we should start saving for icis but I don't think we could ever save enough. How much does it cost?? x

Elmo, we had subsequent sa's via our gp on the nhs. We simply told him we'd been trying for a year and were concerned his tubes may have closed. We did state should we need to pay then we are willing but turned out we didn't have to. As far as I know they cost in the region of £100 give or take.

Apparently, the more ejaculations the less antibodies but I understand it would need to be done possibly 2-3 times a day to be effective. I would love to try this method but its very tiring & if your unsure when ovulation is then you may burn each other out, and of course- reduce that sperm count. Ive tried all suggestions bar this one. If you can egg share, Londons womens clinic offer free ivf and all you pay for are meds. Icsi privately is approximately £3-5000 depending on the clinic and drugs x

From what I understand wouldn't it need to be icis rather than IVF? Think I need to take a stronger approach for just a few months (I don't temp etc) then if it doesn't work will have to sit down and have another talk. How much are the meds? It's a wonderful thing to egg share but I don't think I could do it :-/ xx

Antibodies inhibit fertilisation so yes, it would be better if you can do icsi. Drugs approx £500-1500 depending on how much you need which is decided once you have your day 3 bloods done and antral follicle count. I would definitely egg share if I could but obviously im aware of my genetic condition so its not an option for us. If you look on the Londons womens clinic website (they have clinics in a few areas) they usually have cycle offers. Just before Christmas they were offering icsi with drugs and embryo transfer for £3500...bargain!

Guess I'm just going to have to keep faith that it will happen naturally. Still holding out hope for this month but I do think I'm starting to feel those ever so mild "pains" that you only notice when your expecting them :( will let you know x

One other question though rachy when you have a SA through he gp on nhs do they test for antibodies? Not much use to us if they don't x

Ours did, but im not sure if others do. We knew about the antibodies before the diagnosis due to the agglutination anyway so it was more like confirming what we already knew. I think they only test for AsAb's if agglutination is present x

Hi Live_,
No, I'm not in the UK, I'm in the US. Isn't the web wonderful. Having joyful, anticipatory talks about the hopes of little feet in our house with so many ladies who are all in the same boat is great and can be so encouraging!
We had the VR and vowed to let God take over. It's tough.

Well AF got me this morning �� I think if I knew it was likely to happen I wouldn't feel so bad about it all but with what rachy has said about the antibodies a part of me is thinking that it just can't happen. Me and oh had a big fight yesterday via text while he was at work. I mentioned how long it would take us to save for icis and he just said "well that's it then, why can't you be happy with what we have, why can't you think about something else"

Of course I want to think about something else and just be happy with what we are already blessed with but it's not that simple is it. He did apologise when he got home, and he meant it, but I feel so alone in this right now.

Last night I ordered ovulation strips and a basal thermometer so one of you needs to tell me where to start with those please :)

Can't believe I sold my clear blue fertility thermometer and a box of sticks for £40 earlier last year, they are a fortune now!

elmo im so sorry af came :hugs: and sorry you and hubby fought...im glad he apologised though....me and my hubby fall out just after ov every month, mainly because he donesnt want to dtd with me :cry: once maybe if im lucky but when i get needy for it, it completely turns him off....im banning it now until ov time....i have to as hes quite happy to have it at any other time :growlmad: lol...yet he swears he wants another baby....hmmm....

Good luck temping and opk-ing....me and rachy are quite experienced with that now unfortunatly.... Lol... Fertility friend is a great app to use to record it on, if you click on my chart below, it will take you to a sign up page. Its free but you can pay for extra bits if you get the vip membership. Xx

Hopefulwick- i shall keep everything crossed for you, for us all. I just wish that one day I would wake up and we would all have our bfps! Xx

Haha, yes we're experts!
Just take your temp at the same time every morning then enter it into your chart...simples :)
It's useful to keep an eye on your cm too :thumbup: x

Good Morning! I am new to this forum, as well as to building a family of my own. My husband of 23 years just had his 25 year vasectomy reversed at the beginning of January. He has his first "Material" analysis beginning of February. Once he is cleared, we plan on working toward conception around Valentine's Day. I have many concerns and questions. I am also looking for guidance for pre conception, but have been unsuccessful in attaining it. I asked my Primary Care Physician for support, but was met with, "You will need to see an OBGYN". I saught out support and guidance from an OBGYN and was met with negativity, and a lecture of the enevitability of failed and unsuccessful conception. To really put the last nail in the coffin, he end capped his speech with, if I do happen to conceive and carry to term that I would more than likely have a baby with chromosonal defects. I am very informed of all the risks involved in this endeavor, however, I am also informed with countless women my age, and older, having been successful in conceiving to term, and with healthy babies without chromosomal abnormalities. Before exiting the facility, he reminded me that I should ask my Primary for pre conception support. I am yet again at a dead end on this pre conception support. Perhaps someone out there can point me in the right direction in finding the support I am seeking. Thank you for reading. I am looking forward to meeting other individuals in this forum who don't mind lending some support to an insecure, uncertain, frightened, mature future mother to be. (Mature as in older in age, not in as wise and dignified). I can actually be a bit immature, in a fun way, which is probably the reason my 3rd grade students love me and think I'm cool. 😄

hey! :wave: welcome to B&B xxxx
Firstly, congrats to you and your hubby on getting his reversal! Im sorry to hear that you have been met with such negativity at every turn.... I dont really know what I can offer to help, other than keeping yourself in good health, both taking a good pre-natals for you and hubby. Thats a good place to start....there are many many extra tips and tricks to try. How are your cycles? You can test for ovulation so timing is better. I wish you all the best of luck, keep us posted and let us know how you get on with things xxxxxx

Thank you for such kind words. I started making changes 4 years ago for healthy living. I took off 150lbs, I started taking prenatal vitamins 2 years ago. I have changed my diet to include more fresh organic foods, I started taking supplements a year ago, and incorporating exercise in to my day such as taking stairs instead of the elevator, parking furthest away from the store entrance, walking at least a mile a day. My cycle is pretty regular give or take a day. I have been tracking my cycle, and have recently purchased an ovulation predictor kit. I have an app on my phone to record all of the above information as well as bbt. I went to savers today, it's a thrift shop, and found some books about preconception. I was pretty excited about that. I'm reading them now. I learned recently about too much vitamin A not being safe. I am not well informed yet on safe vitamins, supplements, and herbs for pre conception and during pregnancy. Thank you again for your kindness and support.��

Hey ladies! I know it has been FOREVER since I posted. For those of you new... brief background on me. Dh had vr March 2011 after having vasc for approx 7 years. In november of 2012, we welcome our beautiful baby girl Kizely Eleizabeth Jo. When she was 4 months old I began 6 rounds of chemo. I was told our family was likely complete as I was have Mena pause like symptoms. One month after finishing chemo we conceived our 2nd baby girl ththat was born March 20th of last year... Kuinlynn Bella Grace. We have been trying to decide if we will grow our family more from this point. It was a tough decision to try to decide on a final decision. We kind of put it in God's hands for a couple of cycles before we were going to officially say we were done. 2 days ago I began testing. I was 10 and 11 dposted (the days I starred to see lines with mY daughters.) I came to the conclusion yesterday that I most likely was not pregnant and was processing that. This morning I decided to poas and I forgot to check it, but went back 20 minutes later. Lo and behold... there was the faintest of faint second line, so I packed the girls up and headed to the store for a digital. Results came back... "pregnant 1-2 weeks."
I wanted to check in with everyone on here and share that I have had now 3 pregnancies 3 out of 4 months we have used softcups after sex for 12 hours. I swear by them!
good luck to you all! :)

OMG!!!!! That is amazing news!! :dance::dance::dance: amazing! Congratulations!!! Aww that really is amazing! I am on a VR group on facebook, would you mind If I shared your success story? Would give a lot of people hope xxxx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->