The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Hi Lewie, welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of advice and support here and nothing is tmi :thumbup: With regards to AsAbs, try not to think about it. There's no guarantee that ur dh will be affected. Me and elmo are just the unlucky ones :(
My dh has severe AsAbs and have been ttc for 2 years, we're now starting icsi. We had our vr at a spire hospital, it was lovely with a private room, bathroom and no waiting for hours before the op. Im sure your dh will be fine x

Jen do you say there are posituve stories of men with high antibodies conceiving on his fb page? I would love to have a look but I didn't dare join or post in case it came up on my news feed as obviously it's all quite private xx

Jen do you say there are posituve stories of men with high antibodies conceiving on his fb page? I would love to have a look but I didn't dare join or post in case it came up on my news feed as obviously it's all quite private xx

thank you rachy :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: good luck with your ICSI

elmo you dont have to like the page you can just nosey, i think you can look at the page without liking it, yes there has been quite a few posts in the past shared about antibodies and then positive results or that they were told that it hadnt worked and then they have got bfps

the page is under "Your vasectomy reversal clinic" and you should find it

hugs ladies xxx

hey :wave: yes a good idea to get at it straight away after the op. My hubby also had a twisted testicle and needed surgery on it and that happened 5 years before the vr. Dr harriss said he may only be able to reattach one side due to the scaring, but he wouldnt know until he got in and saw it. He managed to reattach both sides. Pregnancies can happen just as easily with only one side reattached.:thumbup: xxx hubby had his vr in sept 2010(on his birthday:haha:) and we conceived in the dec. :thumbup: i conceived again in april '13 after coming off the pill in march, however miscarried at 9weeks. I have now been trying since oct '13....im going on a break after this cycle.....done me in....lol xxx

hey hunny xxxx no, no update from me.....booking hubby into docs next week for an sa. Xx
How are you doing? Xx

Hey,

No news from me.... 7dpo today but not really feeling any symptoms! Trying very hard tho ��

Hubby will have his first sa done in the summer but kinda hoped we wouldn't need it, I know it's still very early days for us compared to everyone else! I'm an impatient harry! Xxx

Hey,

No news from me.... 7dpo today but not really feeling any symptoms! Trying very hard tho ��

Hubby will have his first sa done in the summer but kinda hoped we wouldn't need it, I know it's still very early days for us compared to everyone else! I'm an impatient harry! Xxx

hey hunny :wave: ooh 9dpo today! Are you tempted to test yet? I isually start around 8dpo.....heaven knows why lol .... I am extremeley inpatient, its untrue! I swear last year just passed me by unoticed! The whole year was centred around evey ovuoation, every tww etc...i swore i wouldnt do it this year......the first three months were like that....ive ditched everything now though....so hoping for a more relaxed year....heres hoping lol. Im lnly more obsessed because i know it can work as it worked so quickly for us twice before so im cross with myself for it not happening the same now! But im confident it will happen ansd i know itl be worth the wait when it does happen xxxx
As it will for you hunny, keeping everything crossed for you xxx

Hi everyone. 12dpo for me, kind of got to the point that I dread this part of the month knowing that the only thing coming will be tears and tantrums. Doesn't help that I have been poorly for a few weeks now and not felt great in General for months always so tired and have head aches, no motivation. Had blood tests but nothing has come from them. I have so many spots and find myself hoping that it's a good sign but also knowing it leads to nothing but disappointment x

Oh there was one bit of news though DH has a vitamin D deficiency and I hear that effects fertility rather a lot x

I feel like I'm actually becoming unhinged. Just got a negative on first response at 13dpo. I really want to go onto Dr Harriss's Facebook page and scream and shout

"WHY DO YOU LIE TO YOUR PATIENTS?! Why do you let them pin their hopes and dreams on a pregnancy that you near enough guaranteed us was going to happen?!"

I don't understand it I don't know why he feels the need to deny to us that antibodies have any relevance at all. He only says now "I have nothing to add"
He has nothing to add. I don't blame him for the antibodies of course I don't that would be ridiculous they are not a result of his work at all. I blame him for not saying to us I'm sorry Mr and Mrs ******* but you have a slim chance of achieving a pregnancy. I just want him to tell they truth!!!!!

I can't do this anymore - I need to STOP but I cant

Think this says it all really it could have been written by me and you also rachy ...

https://m.essentialbaby.com.au/foru...03-sperm-antibodies-after-vasectomy-reversal/

It really is as if the surgeouns are in cahoots to never admit the truth about high levels of antibodies

‪

wow what a read, this seems to be worryingly more common than i first imagined! :nope: im sorry you're going through it hunny. Hubby did his sample for another sa yesterday.....so we will know what his numbers are within 2 weeks...... We only got told count and motility last time, both very low but as you know, we were succesful twice.... Im hoping things have improved but then whether it has or not.....why arent i pregnant when we could before :shrug: it only takes one ......i hope we get more figures and FACTS with this sa! Xx

Sorry I know I probably seemed crazed! I'm just so heartbroken. I hope you get some really positive news! Shouldn't have to wait long? Xx

Elmo, i totally feel your frustrations. This sunday marks 2 years since dh's reversal. We have tried everything to reduce the AsAb's and still no joy. We are lucky that we are nhs funded for icsi but i remember thinking how the heck we would pay for it if we weren't. Tbh, I would have payed if we didn't need hene testing, and in the 2 years we've been trying we could have paid for 2 cycles. Sometimes I wish we skipped the vr :(
Its like anything really, with time you learn to live with it but please dont give up hope. Miracles can and do often happen when we least expect it xx

Vicki, our doctor printed our results and gave us a copy after discussing them. I wanted to compare with our previous sa as we were quite obsessive then xx

Morning ladies. I know what you mean Rachy I sometimes feel as though I wish we hadn't had the reversal done (obviously I wish we hadn't had the original vasectomy!)
I'm trying to gather some info on egg sharing see if I can find somewhere that is offering it and if we would be suitable for it xx

What's the difference rachy with Ivf and Icsi ? Is it the latter that we need? All figures where good on the original SA (we are having one done again soon I'm booking today) I have had a blood test and am ovulating, I THINK it's just the antibodies that are the issue? Isn't there a process where the antibodies can be washed from the sperm? Any advice would be great I really want to starts enquiries somewhere but don't want to pay a couple of hundred quid for initial appointment to find out that we aren't suitable for that either xx

I'm quite confused about what exactly we need for instance I found a place that does egg sharing and so the treatment is free for the donating couple except for the drugs, the SA, test etc which come to about £1000 but it says any ICSI or sperm retrieval is additional cost? Well isn't it just the ICSI that we need and not the IVF? Xx

Im assuming you checked out www.londonwomensclinic.com
You will have to pay for the initial fertility testing, they need that to give you the right drugs. You wont need a sperm extraction. You will need icsi. AsAb's inhibit the sperms ability to break the eggs outer shell if it even gets there, so with icsi,the sperm is being injected into it thus bypassing the effects of the AsAb's. Dont forget, you may save on future cycles as you wont need to repeat fertility testing. You may also only need £500 for drugs as they only give the higher estimate on the site x

I didn't look at that one as I presumed they where down in London with the name, are they in different places in the country? Or is it just an advice website? (I'm going to look in a minute) so basically I need to find a clinic that offers egg sharing in return for free icsi plus the cost of the testing and the drugs? What's the waiting time like with these things is it quite fast moving if you are egg sharing it is there still quite a wait? So would DHs sperm be washed and then inserted into my egg and then the embryo put back into me or do they insert the sperm into the egg inside me? I'm presuming there are rather a lot of appointments involved so I need to make it somewhere as close as possible but I also want to make sure its a good place! Thanks for all advice I am so lost on this its very confusing xx

They have clinics around the country. You'll need to pay for the drugs and initial fertility testing. They have a price list for basic testing and its reasonably priced. Your eggs will be fertilised in a petri dish and will grow outside of the body. LWC do open events where you can learn more about the process and ask questions specific to your required treatment. They have good success rates ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->