The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

LWC North East are currently offering egg sharers free ivf & medication and half price icsi for those who need it x

So does that mean that we wouldn't be able to get the Icsi free only IVF but are we candidates for IVF? We wouldn't be able to afford even half the cost of Icsi :(

Got a very speedy informative response from the LWC rachy, still have rather a lot of money to save though at first I was excited but there are still over 2 grand of costs even with "free" treatment with egg sharing but still it's a lot less than 6000 isn't it this is the breakdown. Why is IVF free but ICSI not do you think?

A typical full IVF/ICSI treatment cycle as an egg donor within our egg sharing programme costs the following:

New Patient Consultation: £150.00 (Payable at the time of booking the appointment)

Semen Analysis: FREE

Pre Treatment Blood Tests (Female): £585.00

Pre Treatment Blood Tests (Male): £88.40

In Treatment Blood Tests (Female): £133.40

In Treatment Blood Tests (Female – Final Scan Day): £105.00

Medication: FREE

IVF Treatment Cycle: FREE

ICSI: £425.00 (Only payable if recommended by the Embryologist)

Blastocyst Embryo Transfer: £450.00 (Only payable if recommended by the Embryologist)

HFEA Fee: £75.00

Embryo Freezing (If applicable): £250.00 (Only payable if there are embryos suitable for freezing)

Total: £2,261.80

That total is still alot cheaper than paying for a reversal ;) it took us 9 months to save up for our vr costing us around £2800 in total- and remember, you dont have to freeze and store embryos if you dont want to. You'll also save almost £700 in subsequent cycles as you wont need pre treatment tests repeated.
Honestly Elmo, dont wait 2 years like us, start saving and you could have your miracle sooner than expected x

I'm totally with you I don't intend to wait, I think it has sunk in now that despite how many lies reversal surgeons might tell me, it isn't going to happen naturally (it might, but it could be a very long time and maybe not at all)

I'm going to start saving right away, I'm hoping we can have it saved in a year (depending what comes up financially) I may throw out all the pregnancy tests and the ovulation tests, just enjoy sex as and when we feel like it!

Don't suppose you know how many cycles of icsi it takes couples on average before a pregnancy? Xx

Anyway enough about my plans, where are you at with your treatment now what's the next step for you? Are you having to wait a long time with it being funded? Xx

Im not sure how many cycles you might need, it may well work with your first attempt :thumbup:

We had word from our genetic counsellor last week to say our probes are ready so we're just waiting for the fertility clinic to get in touch. Once we've seen them, we get our cycle dates.
We were referred for PGD /ICSI in october 2013 so we've waited 18 months so far. We have atleast another 3 month wait left as i had another cardiac arrest on Saturday and I need the all clear from my cardiologist. Its been a long bumpy ride but, it will all be worth it in the end :)
I just need lots of good luck from now on xx

Bloody hell must be so frightening for you, when you say you had a cardiac arrest does that literally mean you had a heart attack? How you have managed the patience to wait so long I just don't know. 10 months and I have gone a touch mental. Hopefully you should be pregnant within the year then if all goes well? DEFINITLEY worth the wait as you say.

Question, Ben has SA on Tuesday morning, generally you should abstain 2 to 5 days before hand. Since it's any reduction of antibodies that we are really looking for would you suggest not abstaining before the analysis or perhaps only abstaining two days? What did you do with your subsequent analysis? X

Its not a heart attack. I go into ventricular fibrillation. They're both different conditions. It is frightening, if i didn't have my internal defibrillator, I wouldn't be here.

We've only ever abstained for 2 days. If you don't abstain, the count will be considerably reduced x

Well thank god for modern medicine! Do you feel anything or does the machine in your chest let you know that it's happening? (Tell me to mind my own business!)

Probably will abstain then don't want to be giving ourselves more to worry about if the count came back really low x

Im not aware of it happening. Just before I black out i go really dizzy, just like a drop in blood pressure makes you feel if you stand up too quickly. Im already unconscious when my device delivers the shock so I dont feel it. Ive heard its supposed to feel like being kicked in the chest by a horse so im kinda glad ive not felt it!
I only know ive been shocked afterwards by the pain i get where the implant is, short term memory loss & a phone call from the hospital to tell me what's just happened. My device also works as a pacemaker keeping me above 60bpm.

I would abstain, i know we would have been more upset with a lower count X

Wow, yes definitley would seem you are better off not to feel it if it compares to being kicked the chest by a horse! X

Hello All... I saw my last post was 2012. wow! We had a lot happen. but No baby! The Army moved us to Massachusetts, where my husband is teaching at MIT and Harvard. We have been here since 2013 and now we have orders to move again at the end of this year. on the baby front, we are seeing a competent RE and are getting answers. DH's VR was not effective as we thought. And we have moved on to IUI with donor sperm. I also have a high TSH and sligltly below average ovarian reserve. With Stim medication and back to back donor IUI we are hopeful. That will take place sometime in May. I wish baby dust and prayers for all!

Hello Carlise! What was it that turned out not to have been sussesful if you don't mind me asking? I'm so sorry that you haven't had your dreams come true just yet, but happy to see how positive you sound and the fact that it seems you should hopefully we on your way to having your baby dreams fulfilled :)

We initially thought my DH's reversal was a roaring success but unfortunately the surgeon doesn't take sperm antibodies into account, so like Rachy we also haven't been able to conceive naturally and are saving for icsi for around a years time, but also having a repeat SA on Tuesday to see if anything has changed.
To be fair I am not due AF until Sunday but all tests have been negative and it doesn't seem likely to happen naturally anyway xx

I got AF yesterday but it hardly came as a shock. Wondering if it can ever happen, shame we will have to save all that money before even finding out of I would be a suitable egg donar. If not it will be the end of a long sad road x

Rachy, I'm so excited you are finally going to get to cycle soon! I hope you get the all-clear ASAP!

Elmo, IVF/ICSI has decent succes rates, but so much depends on what the problems are. In our case, our first fresh IVF/ICSI resulted in two perfect embryos which didn't take, but then 1.5 months later I was pregnant naturally with a perfect pregnancy and child. So even with IVF/ICSI, there are no guarantees. We are doing another fresh cycle in July to try for our second child, and I'm hopeful, but also realistic that it may not work, we may get some frozen embryos and do a frozen transfer, or maybe we'll need a third fresh IVF, even with no problems with me. It's all a crap-shoot, if you ask me!

And good luck, ArmyWife!

Thank you rdleela, I hope so too, ive waited too long to give up now - im fighting til the end!

Have you had your dh do a repeat SA, with your last pregnancy being au-natural i would be optimistic in a natural conception again. We may be cycling together if our fertility clinic gets there butts into gear :) x

Yah, we just got an SA done, it was 1 million with a "handful" actually motile. So IVF it is! Our baby girl is our little "statistical anomaly!"
That would be awesome to cycle together! My period should arrive July 19-20th, so that shall be CD1 for me!

Rdleela thank you! There really are no guarantees ever are there and you can never say never to a miracle happening such as with your little girl! DH has repeat SA tomorrow wonder how long the results will take? I have a funny feeling that things may have deteriorated since they where so good before (other than the antibodies) but maybe that's just me being pessimistic. On an unrelated note my youngest got the school place that we applied for whilst my eldest who I have had to home school since September was offered a horrendous school in the opposite direction!! Impossible so we are having to appeal.
Gp said my blood results showed good hormone levels and that I am ovulating when I think I am so everything appears to be ok with me.

Anyway have a good day all!

Very excited for you ladies to start your treatment and hoping for fantastic outcomes! I intend to live precariously through you whilst we save! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->