The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

hey ladies, sorry Ive not caught up properly but its bad news from me......got results weds....just about stopped crying..... Zero. Seems everything has fused back together. We cant afford ivf, maybe a vr-redo so ive emailed dr harriss to see what he says..... We will get an appointment at our local infertility clinic in leicester to see exactly what the state of play is.....heartbroken. But afew days ago i thought it was game over, now i know theres sone hope, slightly out of reach but still there. Xx

Good luck ladies i will catch up properly at some point xxxxx

Hi Ladies does the vr generally fuse back up again? we were going to have a third child hopefully after this one but wondering now if we can, has anyone had more than two children after a vr and what was the time scale? we were very lucky for it to work after three month.

Oh vickie, this is not good news at all :( This scares us too, its been a year since dh's last sa but he needs a repeat before we start treatment. If his tubes have closed up, he'll be getting a TESE which he is happy to do :)
I hope you get sorted, is a re-do cheaper if from the original surgeon?

Babybabyno2, it can happen but not always, i know a few who have had 2 &3 children after vr xx

we are only assuming things have fused back together....its awful because i hadnt even heard of it happening until recently then it made me paranoid owe had an sa to put my mind at rest and well, the unexpected happened..... We had success on month 3 after vr then 1st month of trying when Em was 18months old (bfp 2yrs today!) :cry: that was 2.5yrs post vr. Then we've. Been trying since so we definitely had at least 2.5yrs of open tubes.... Hubby did have scar tissue already on one side from a orevious op after an accident but obviously it wasnt a problem then......im hoping he would offer a discount with it being with him, im certainly going to ask as its over £1000 more now than it was when we had it done!
I know we dont know if its going to be an option for us, we are just hoping as its the cheapest thing and we know what to expect. But if we do, i get quite excited at the thought of doing it all again....is that weird? I had such fond memories of last time..... I duno....im feeling allsorts at the minute :wacko: xx

Oh liv that's horrible news, will a re do be cheaper? Can you still have isci and what not if they can do sperm retrieval? Xxz

Rachy and anyone else in the know hubby is on the way home with analysis results and I think I will need help interpreting it all is anyone online? Xx

So going back to our conversation in message last night Rach, you don't think we need be worried about the Morphology going from 6% to 2%? If we had icsi and they injected the egg with sperm that was bad morphology wise does it make us more likely to miscarry or is that a myth? I just wish we had the money right now so that we could get on with it, I'm patient in waiting to actually concieve but what I can't handle is not knowing if I would be a suitable egg donar or if it would work and would we have spent even more money and more costly our emotions on something that can never happen?

Also I feel like I am fool to keep tracking ovulation etc and torturing myself since we know now it can't happen naturally? or am I food if I stop as I am removing the tiny chance we might have had?

Ben seems to think that if we fix his vitamin d deficiency which is quite severe then the problems may improve but I'm dubious.

Rach do you think the morphology has decreased because of the antibodies or not connected? x

I emailed Dr Harris last night with the results. I am interested to see if he still still tell me that antibodies aren't a problem when he has in from of him the analysis by the NHS saying his antibodies make him infertile :(

I so need to get this money saved for the icsi. I just kind of wish I wouldn't have to egg share even though I know what a gift it is to someone. There's no way we can afford it otherwise though x

hey elmo, im the same, if icsi is our only option, id have to egg share too...im ok with it but what im not too sure about is how sonebody else could have a baby with my egg when it could possibly not work for me.....
Dr harriss is out of the office until tues so catherine told me last week. We are waiiting to hear back about what he suggests for us. Good luck hunny xxx

Good luck to you too liv! This is such a journey isn't it. Much the same as you I just couldn't believe it when I read those words on the nhs SA "MAR test indicates that immunilogical infertility is highly probable"

No doubt Dr harris will still try and tell me that it is incorrect and that antibodies don't matter but I'm afraid the proof is in the pudding for me and for Rachy and many other couples.

Some good news that might interest you, I don't know if you saw my previous posts about the cost involved at the london women's clinic or whatever it's called. They told me we still needed around £2300 despite the procedure being free when egg sharing.
However a lady replied to a post I made in another part of the forum asking for advice and it seems it differs a lot from clinic to clinic and the one she has used has so far cost them £300 with the maximum being £1000.

If that's the case then things could happen much sooner!
I just hope I'm suitable for egg sharing. If not then it's all over xx

Seems this thread has somewhat turned Into a assisted conception thread ladies. Sending you all strength and hope. Liv, your forum name has never seemed more apt x

Me - AGAIN

was just wondering if anyone knew. Is IUI cheaper ? Say if we couldn't do egg sharing and had to pay full which isn't an option with Icsi because it costs so much, how much does IUI cost and is that where they just wash the sperm and then it is put inside the woman? As couldn't that potentially be all we need if the only problem is the antibodies coating the sperm? X

Hi elmo, sorry for the late reply, ive had problems getting on bnb.
With regards to your question about morphology, no it will not affect the outcome of icsi nor increase miscarriage risk so please dont worry yourself. And remember, 2% of 200 million is still alot of normal sperm & you only need 1!

Iui is cheaper but it wont increase your chances of pregnancy. Again if you do a search, the only successful iui with AsAb's stories are from those with a low titer of antibodies <60%. If there was any chance of it working, we would have tried it. AsAb's inhibit the sperms ability to fertilise the egg. You can try iui, but id be inclined to say that money is better spent on icsi. I know you want the quick and easy fix but in our case, there is only 1 option.
I would continue to track your cycles and ttc. 1% chance of natural conception is still a chance ;) x

So I spoke to my local care clinic and this is what she said -

167 for the tests to see if I'm suitable for egg sharing (gets refunded if I am)

My bloods 340
Semen test can use a recent one done on nhs
Bens bloods can be done on nhs
640 for all the drugs and treatment
So that would have been £1055
But we need the ICSI which is there they inject the sperm into the egg I understand what your saying now rachy, Which cost £1080
So that's £2135 that we need x

Out here minimum to even try an IUI is 5-10 million count, and even then, chances are low, so even if the cost is lower, your money is much better spent on IVF/ICSI when you have our problems!

hey, tes ir has turned into an assisted conception thread hasnt it! Its a very different page to what it was when i set it up nearly 5 years ago thats for sure!!! Wow 5 years! :shock:
Thats some good figures there elmo, cost wise.... I should imagine realistically thats the route we must take but im not letting myself think about all the other options yet until after we hear back from dr.harriss and get our 2nd sa results back (although i cant imagine he will tell us much and im not holding out much hope for any improvement with the sa figures.) xx
When i joined and chose my profile name i thought vr success was a long shot....at the time i thought living in hope was what i was doing......little did i know that 5 years later id be back on the same journey but a much more travelled one with no sight of a happy ending......

Liv to be quite honest I haven't always found him very helpful. When we questioned him on bens antibodies he was very frosty and defensive. You never know though I'm hoping he will suprise me and be really helpful for you guys considering it will be your second reversal!

Do you think bens count lowering from over 100 million to 48 million could be a sign that he is scarring?

Rachy what do you think to what this says?

https://www.thevasectomyreversalcen...es-vasectomy-reversal-relevance/#.VUMq-oZ4XCQ

Rach I think he might actually be referring to me telling him I had been speaking to others - mainly you! In the know about antibodies &#128514;

You guys must have much more going on in your lives than me I seem to spend all my time flicking through here for someone to talk to.

Such an overwhelming feeling to know it will be another year before we can even find out if I can do egg sharing. X

Liv to be quite honest I haven't always found him very helpful. When we questioned him on bens antibodies he was very frosty and defensive. You never know though I'm hoping he will suprise me and be really helpful for you guys considering it will be your second reversal!

Do you think bens count lowering from over 100 million to 48 million could be a sign that he is scarring?

Rachy what do you think to what this says?

https://www.thevasectomyreversalcen...es-vasectomy-reversal-relevance/#.VUMq-oZ4XCQ

Counts can change considerably with every sa. Our first was 26.6m/ml with a total of 112million, our second had reduced to 15m/ml with a total of 50 million, our third increased again to 24m/ml with a total of 101million. We too thought the worst with dh's second sa but it wasnt the case.

To be honest, I think the article is a load of bollocks. Yes he is a urologist but he's no fertility expert. And while yes i agree that pregnancy is possible, chances are extremely low. I bet those who have conceived with AsAb's after vr have had a lower level. What about us with 100% x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->