The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

If we were in your situation, after initial success, we would go for the redo :thumbup: x

thanks rachy, i think so too. If we go for it thats it. This is the only thing we can afford to do and we'll struggle at that. Will have to do the bmi card this time x

I know its expensive, we paid around £2700 for dh's vr, it took 9 months of saving every penny we had. We even cancelled our family holiday for it. I hope that its not so expensive for a redo, especially since he admitted he may only be able to do one side, could you ask for a 50% discount ;) x

hehe thats what im hoping! Lol xx according to the website its 2875 think it was but when we had ours 5 years ago we paid 1987. We booked it as they had an autumn sale on. Lol. Ive asked whether they still do that (no harm in asking) as we will look about the aug/sept time xxx

Hi liv, I'm still waiting for a reply from Dr Harriss Bev said it would be today or tomorrow. I really hope that It will be, I feel he is much quicker to reply where more money is concerned!

I am in two minds about what I would do liv, if we had the option of a redo (though in our case obviously that would make no odds) or straight for the ivf / Icsi I don't think I would go for the reversal, the fertility treatment if you did egg sharing would actually be significantly cheaper, however, with the redo you could potentially have lots of chances where as with ivf just the one.
Here's a thought, I'm sure when we booked our reversal we where told they could do sperm retrieval at the same time? I know there would be some extra cost wich is the last thing you need, but it could be ideal for you, then if the redo doesn't work you would already have sperm retrieved for ivf? Xx

hey elmo xxx

I hope you hear back soon! I replied straight away yesterday asking about cost and availability and havent heard back yet, hopefully tomorrow for us both then. I have heard about sperm retrieval but I did read on dr harriss' website recently that they dont like to extrqct sperm at the time of the vr due to damaging something or other so they say come back after 3 months. Im assuming at an extra cost. But yes, its something worth thinking about....like you said, and if it doesnt work then we have some saved if we need ivf in the future. Care fertility today came back with a breakdown and with egg sharing it was more than vr! So think we will go that way xx

That's strange liv as even with us needing the Icsi care fertility came in at 2,300 with the reversal now being nearly 3000? Xx

My friend just phoned me to say she's pregnant, not been with the boyfriend very long and wasn't really trying. So happy for her genuinely as its what she wanted but just makes you want it all the more Doesnt it xxx

Hi ladies,

reply from Dr Harriss please let me know what you would think. It's very positive and yet the nhs said his MAR result suggested infertility as highly likely?

Thank you for your latest semen analysis which shows a concentration of 48 million per ml and 53% motility. The MAR test is always positive after a vasectomy. Your sperm count is above the normal parameters and no different from all those patients under my care who have had a positive outcome with a pregnancy. I don’t think there is anything further to do at this stage apart from trying to get pregnant and hoping for a good outcome.

wow that does really positive....i really wish i had all ny figures....infact im going to ask again....i emailed afew months ago and nobody emailed me back, but now im a potential customer again they may respond. Id love to know all my figures and it may help you too. I also got a reply yesterday. 2831 and i can book online. Ive applied for the bmi card and im going to book in for 21sr sept! Eek! Lol xx

Not long at all liv!! We used the bmi card it was very easy and straight forward with no interest for I think the first year and small amount there after! Shame he wasn't prepared to do it at reduced price though considering its the second one!
Yes wouldn't it be great to know if your hubby had high anyibodies too, then I would know that conceiving was possible like he says it is. I don't imagine they will have even tested for them though If he didn't have agglutination. We found out the first time because he had agglutination but this last time with the nhs had we not requested the MAR test to be done we wouldn't have known he had antibodies because he had no agglutination. Funny really, sometimes I sort of wonder if we hadn't have known and been stressing about it, would we maybe have fallen pregnant? AF due in 7 days and still can't help but hope but I WONT be testing anymore I have promised myself. Only ever if I'm late and late for me is 16 or 17 days past ovulation as I have a slighter longer luteal phase xxx

hey! Xxx thanks elmo, when did you apply for the bmi card? How does it work? We want to book in for 21st sept and payment has to be made 2weeks prior so not sure how to go about it....

That cost for egg sharing is more for us because we would need sperm extraction too and that is over £1000 :nope:
If we get a positive sa at 12weeks post op then we can freeze a sample and thats £350 or something and that saves them for 3 years. Thought that was good xx

Just thinking though liv you wouldn't need the Icsi though just the ivf so the sperm retrieval would replace cost of ivf making your costs similar to ours?
I definitly think the freezing is well worth the money as it gives you other options further down the line should you ever need them :)
I'm pretty sure we just applied for the card so that we had it and then you use it to pay a couple of weeks before the op! Is is essentially a credit card it's just specifically for bmi health care, so there would be no interest free period starting until you actually used it? Xx

Me too Elmo, feeling very crappy. I'm not charting anymore but had spotting yesterday at day 22 I usually ovulate on day 17 and I did a temp tues and thurs.. Tues was a pre ov temp and thurs was a post ov temp so I ovukated tues or weds but the spotting I've never had this early. It sucks that I'm still even concerned with it as with no sperm it'd be a miracle! Lol

Great news for you though Vic! You know it worked for you last time so id be very optimistic with your chances again plus saving some sperm would def be a wise move if hubby is susceptible to scarring :) at least there is some good news on here! X

Yes think we really needed some didn't we.
That's just it Charlie isn't it you start to go a bit mad, I just did a test even though I know there is basically no chance. Negative obviously.
Have managed to see oh's bike though and a few of my candles so we are 550 toward our treatment fund.
I did read something that put things into perspective though, a lady on here just had her 12th miscarriage :( a few of them including this one have been at the 12 week mark also so thank god we are not going through that :( xx

hey ladies xxxx sorry to hear you've been feeling crappy it really is so tough for everybody in every situation as we all want the same outcome its just we all experience different struggles. There will always be somebody worse off than you, and maybe even that woman who has suffered her 12th mc may even be saying that too, but no matter what we're going through we all want the same end result hey :hugs:

Thanks elmo on the info regarding the bmi card. Ive not heard anything yet, think the application form is coming in the post. We have not long moved house so i hope it doesnt affect our application...il ger my dad to do it if thats the case. Lol. I also havent heard back form bev yet about hubbys sa he had done back in 2010. I asked if i coukd have a copy for my daughters baby box. Lol. Xx

Well I spoke to the embryologist this morning as I had to pay for the sperm analysis as she said it wasn't a zero sperm count as they saw one immotile sperm but when they concentrated it etc there was nothing there but she said that process can be harsh on the already fragile sperm so he doesn't have zero sperm but maybe 1 or 2 were in the sample they examined lol the reason I asked her is because we bought a microscope and did a sample last night and I swear I saw swimmers, 1 or 2 but it was so hard to know because I think the magnification was wrong etc so she's advised us to give it a couple of months and come back for another test which she said she would do half price so we are going to do that.

I'm on day 24 of my cycle and have been spotting since day 22 which has never happened. I usually spot from earliest day 26 not day 22. It's been a particularly stressful month though so is prob that but I'm still hopeful it's pregnancy related lol there's always someone worse off and we are def all in the same boat out shops are just on different paths but the struggles are the same, like you say Vic we all want the same thing!

I'm really excited for you though as if you go for the redo in sept you could potentially be pregnant by Xmas! That would be amazing and I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for you.

We've got a bmi card it was an easy process once it came through its just the paying it off knowing it hasn't worked that sucks!

Xx

lol, I autocorrected in my head as it read it! I do love it when they do that, some of the things you see are hilarious! :haha:

Thats good then, a slightly more positive result there....and to go back again and check would be good as it always increases, up to a year my surgeon told me. We were advised to go back as seans was so low at 3month post op but as i was oreg we never did. I wish i did now though, just to see! We had the other vr in sept and i was preg by xmas so we are hoping the same again :thumbup: lightning never stricks twice though :shrug: i said the same about paying it back. By xmas we will know either way whether its worked or not from the post op sa and if it hasnt worked its going to be a long slog to oay it off...... As it really will be game over for us....unless we win the lottery there are no options available for us. End of....time we'd have paid it off and saved for ivf we will be much. Older. Im 30 and seans 48. (31 & 49 in sept) so fast forward afew more years.....i dont know...i really dont..... But for now i have 7months until xmas when i can imagine myself with more children....better make the most of it i guess......
Its our 8yr wedding anniversary today and we are going to see take that in birmingham tonight, cant wait!! Xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->