The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

hey all :wave: so glad kacey is a-ok! How was today back at school?

yay for August!! Ive set up a countdown for the vr! 90 days to go!! Xx

She loved being back at school. The teachers are a little overprotective, they rang me for advice a few times today. The head teacher approved our holiday on grounds of exceptional circumstances, he cited it as an opportunity for her to recover, recuperate & enjoy being a child again.

Is it really only 90 days⁉
thats not long to wait, hey...we may be pregnant together 😉

Rdleela, we are doing freeze all, our clinic will only do that because it takes 2-3 weeks for the embryos biopsy results to come back. Not much longer to wait now ladies, exciting few months ahead 😆x

yay exciting indeed! I cant wait! And id love to be bump buddies! Fingers crossed hey! Thats great about the holiday, the school sound very supportive. Im sure you've been pleased they've phoned for advice, its good that you know that they are taking every precaution possible. Xxxx

My husband had a vasectomy before we got together and we are looking at doing the reversal and need help...where do I start? Does insurance cover?

My husband had a vasectomy before we got together and we are looking at doing the reversal and need help...where do I start? Does insurance cover?

hey! :wave: welcome to the group!

Where abouts are you? Im not sure about insurances but I would guess not. In England we have to pay for it all :nope:

Good luck on the start of your vr journey! My hubby has his 2nd vr in sept :thumbup: we had vr success afew years ago but he has since scared over so he needs another vr to reopen his tubes again :dohh: xxx

Hi ladies, how are we all?

I'm so pleased to say that we finally have our cycle booked in. We start on my next cycle on cd21 with Buserelin injections for down regulation. That will be august 2nd looking at my af due date. We start stimming on the 5th of September with a tentative egg collection date of 14th-16th September.
We couldn't start this cycle because im already on cd18 and wouldn't have had time to order the drugs and arrange delivery, obviously im going on holiday too. Im super excited about it after talking to the nurse and doing the injection teach, I was a little anxious before our appointment. Anyway, here's hoping it's a success 👍 xx

So exciting for you both, rachy with your treatment starting and Vicky with your Vr booked in! So hopeful for you both!

It's not been a year since our reversal, can't believe it really, so I guess we now know that it's not going to happen for us, just have to be content with the beautiful family that we have.

The weather has been unbelievable hasn't it! So so hot! I have loved it. I had the school appeal for my eldest on Thursday so should have a letter with the decision by next Thursday, I hope it's sooner. Hubby has been made a very exciting and scary business proposal that would mean leaving the security of his job now, but would also mean big financial possibilities for the future if things worked out, not going to lie there is a little part of me thinking who knows, perhaps in a few years some fertility treatment could be an option for us. After all I have only just turned 28 and him 25 so there are a number of years left, though after having children quite young I'm not sure it's something we will do once I am past my early 30's. We will see, if there is one thing I have learnt it's that you can never be sure what the future has in store both good and bad.

Rachy glad to hear that Kacey is on the mend and back in school, it's good that the school accepted this as exceptional circumstances so that you can all go away together, schools can be so over the top about absences in my opinion xx

Rachy, it's so exciting to have DATES! yay!

I was so nervous the first time I mixed up my drugs and did the injection, my BFF is a nurse and she had to do my first one cause I just couldn't - I did every one after that, no problem! I even did my injections in some weird places, like public bathrooms, lol

elmo, I'm sitting here as a 36 year old telling you that you absolutely could do some fertility treatment in the future! I had my first baby at 35 and now hopefully my second will be here right around my 37th bday!

Elmo, I was 28 when we decided to try for 1 more and vowed to give up if i wasn't pregnant by the time i was 30. That plan obviously didn't work out for me 😂
Never say never is now what im telling myself 👍The weather has been definitely memorable, we were basking in 34c heat on Wednesday afternoon then by teatime we had a huge supercell kicking out some severe weather, in fact, it was pretty bad and a house got struck by lightning. Luckily, the family weren't home but there's some fairly extensive damage to their home.

Your right about the new government rules regarding term time holidays, i agree that some people do excessively keep their children from school & should be fined but I dont agree that every family should be penalised because of a minority. We live in a nanny state and unfortunately have a bunch of toffs dictating when and what we can and can't do with our children.
Good luck with the appeal hun 😉

Rdleela, im so nervous of doing the buserelin injections. I've been watching videos on YouTube so i know how to administer it but im just making myself worse 😒 Im sure once ive done it ill be fine, im just over thinking it. Im concerned about the length of time ill be down regging, im a little worried it may over suppress my ovaries then stimming might be a waste of time. When do you start your next cycle? xx

Rachy, I completely understand your nervousness! Once you get that first one done, you'll be fine, I'm sure! I think you just have to trust the doctors, at this point...and the thing is, the first time you do an IVF cycle, you never really know how your body is going to respond...the best thing you can do is try and relax and not stress about it, and just let what will be, be...I know, easier said than done.
I feel SO much more calm and relaxed going into this second try. When I did the first one, I was so desperate to become a parent. Now that I am a parent, I feel much more like this IVF cycle is for her instead of me. My period should show up around the 18th and I'll start stimming around the 21st!

Thank you rdleela and Rach, you are right never say never, and I'm not going to, we will see what the future brings for us all. How awful about that house getting struck by lightening!! X

I'm doing it again, can feel myself symptom spotting against my will. I'm roughly 7dpo (I actually have no idea when or if I ovulated this month but judging by the past 6 months or so (barring last month where I was late) I would be roughly 7dpo.

The main thing is that I can't stop noticing is despite plenty of sleep I'm having that pregnancy type of exhaustion, I have literally fallen asleep in the afternoons or tea times and if I don't have that nap then I'm fast asleep in bed by 7.30 (we normally watch TV or read in bed until gone 10pm) have also been feeling really snappy and emotional like af is due. Why do I do this time and time again? Just can't seem to help myself.
I honestly know that the chances of this amounting to anything are so so slim but I had to voice it to someone and I'm certainly not going to say it to Ben so just wanted to write it down here, so that its out of my head and down on paper so to speak. X

VICKY!!!!

I really think you should have a repeat SA before your second reversal! Stupid site isn't letting me post the screen shots that I took but if you go onto Dr Harris's Facebook page and go through the first handful of posts you will come to one from a couple who where told he has zero sperm, - anyways go read it but the end of the story is that the sperm came back without a redo!! X

There's nothing wrong with a little optimism 👍Who's to say that sperm hasn't met egg this time?
Keeping everything crossed for you hun 🍀

My ivf meds are getting delivered to me on Friday. I know it'll consist of buserelin, merional and the pregnyl trigger shot and the needles. Apparently, most of it needs storing in the fridge so i best start eating some food to make room xx

Maybe you should buy a mini fridge to keep in the bedroom rachy? They will be away from the kids and also at hand on a morning or evening, whenever it is that you are told to do them!
You must be so so excited to get started Rach. Have a good feeling about this for you xx

hey ladies!!! :wave:
Sorry ive been awol lately! End of term madness! I am literally non stop...got so much work to do for end of this year and ive already started on next years things, but in honesty ive given myself too much to do :dohh: lol

We all have so much going on! Yay rachy on getting dates! 16th sept is my birthday! :thumbup: xxxxx
And rdleela! Yay for ttc no.2!!!!!! Wishing you all the very best of luck with round two of ivf!!! :dance:

Elmo! That extreme tiredness was my key sign both times....it is just overpowering the tiredness that you feel, so i really hope this is it for you!! :dance:
I am sooo going to look on Dr Harriss' page! Thats brilliant news! Was it a couple who had zero after their first vr? Ive heard of people getting zero sa at their first 3month post vr sa then it kicking it after that? Il have a look! But yes, im planning on getting him in for another mid aug time :thumbup: xxxx

Basically it said that they had tried for a year or so and then found out they had zero sperm and where going for fertility treatment but for whatever reason they had a repeat SA and found that the sperm had come back, they are now pregnant!!
I don't know why I feel so hopeful this month? It scares me though because we have been here many times before, I haven't felt half as tired today either 😕 it's probably nothing but I'm having one of those months where I can't seem to keep on Bnb reading the bfp announcements. I cling on to the hope sometimes, he has told us after all that there is no reason we shouldn't conceive...however the results speak for themselves don't they. We shall see! X

elmo i saw it! Amazing post! Im def sending him for another sa in aug! :thumbup:
It is really hard and although i feel very relaxed and good about it all now...inwas in a very dark place at the start of the year.... Two years of constant ttc and i seriously dont know where those 2 years went! :shock: although, ive never been bothered by other peoples bfps, although i imagined i would be...it just doesnt, i dont know why. If my 18yr old sis gets preg again (she has a 6m old) then i may feel heartbroken but anybody else, it doesnt bother me. It really is the hardest thing ever, and only you ladies who are going through it with us truly know the extent of the pain we feel each month.... I really hope this is it for you xxxxxx when will you test? Xx

Well I'm not even due af for about another 8 days according to my app but it has changed because of my being 5 days late last month, so I may be due on a bit sooner. Xx

Just checked and should be somewhere between Tuesday and Friday when af is due depending on how long cycle is this month x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->