The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Live in Hope, I appreciate the advice, by the time this one is born it will have been almost 2 years since vr before we could start trying again...so that's a little scary for me to think about but I also am thinking about my age as well, I don't consider myself to be old but I'd have to get pregnant before this baby is 8 months old in order to not be considered advanced maternal age :/ which is 35 here, not sure if it's different in different countries.

I am so sorry you are in the boat you're in, for quite a while before my husband got out of the military we just accepted our mistake of having a vasectomy as a vr seemed out reach so I know the heartache of feeling like you may never have more...I do hope that is not the case for you and that you go on to have more children.

:hugs: thank you so much for your kind words, as ivf/icsi etc are our only other options the vr is our only option that is affordable for us....after this its game over....but it worked before so why not again??? Thats the only thing we have to hold onto......
The age is the same here but it is very common as many women here wait until their 30's to have children anyway, I think you just fet afew extra midwife appointments and they just keep a closer eye on you but its no biggy....in my opinion if you are fit and healthy then it shouldnt matter what age you are.... If we want a baby we should have babies..... Oh to be a drunk teenager right now :cry: :haha:

I hope you are enjoying your pregnancy so far :thumbup: xxx

Hello ladies long time no speak again!!!

So hubby and I have decided to go for a VR redo, different surgeon but we can't afford IVF/ICSI as its almost £10k with sperm extraction due to hubby's zero SA soooo we decided to have another go at the VR..

Looks like I am back on the VR rollercoaster!

How are we all doing? X

heeeey charlie!! Great to hear from you!! Xxx

Snap! We are having a redo! 2years of ttc after Em was born and with no luck found out the he had scarred over :dohh: so he is booked in for his redo 21st sept with the same surgeon! :thumbup: like you we just couldnt afford the alternative xxx come and join me on the front seat of this rollercoaster for the 2nd time! :thumbup: xxxxx

Hey lovely,
How are you doing? I did see you were going for the redo, but with everything that was going on I signed off the board for abit as I just needed to forget everything to do with VR's and BFPs!
We looked into ICSI but with the sperm extraction adding so much to an already expensive procedure we just couldn't afford it, but also I would struggle massively with the side effects of the drugs protocols so we decided to get some advice.

Obviously I know you had great success with Dr H, but Jay wasn't even in surgery for 2 hours and everyone I have spoken to since has said that it was way too short to be under for that sort of op.. I always had a horrible feeling about the op so I am praying this time we have more luck..

Anyway we are going with the guy we originally spoke to (we just couldn't get in with him in time and then Dr H had a cancellation so thats why we went with Dr H), he is local to us but said its a redo so odds will be lower and its all dependent on the state of the tissue since this will be hubbys 3rd op down there.. He said he will know more once hes in there so to speak lol Will definitely be interesting to see what he says about what he finds from the first op...

Anyway we have been given the date of 22nd August so now just need to find the £2900 haha!!

Won't be temping or anything though, not until we have had the SA - although we have our home microscope so will be scoping as soon as hes able to produce a sample post op haha

It's scary isn't it that this is it, our last option and if it fails then there comes the incredibly difficult task of coming to terms with no more babies...

FX for us both - if we get BFP's we should defo meet for a cuppa, we've been on this journey for a while now! Tea is necessary! :) xx

aww yes that would be lovely! :hugs: and most necessary! :thumbup:
Thats strange re op length....my hubby went down at 7pm and was back before 9pm Im sure!? Il see it I can check... (On the photos....or in my journal....) but yer and dr H said it was a tough job due to scarring on one side from a previous op 3 years before... He did say that this time around he may not be able to do that side at all but will have a go.... So we may only get one side reattached...I cant and wont let myself consider the chance of it not working yet...I cant otherwise I will go mad... I am staying hopeful and by xmas (when sa is due) we should know either way....my friend has a scope that she will let me have so we may get to scope before then......aug would have been a better time for us to have it done and even though we have the bmi card, financially its better in sept so repayments can start in oct....we've had a few months to get a little bit saved so can get ahead of ourselves, not massively but somethings better than nothing.... Dont want to get to xmas, find out it hasnt worked then have to spend years paying it off..... :nope: xx

My post from hubbys first vr sept 13th 2010 (his 44th birthday):haha: and we were in room 44!! :)
What a loooooooooong day!!

We got to the BMI Park Hospital at 11am. We waited around all day not knowing what time we were going down. They gave us n esitimated time but said that that was subject to change. That time was 6:15. DH didnt go down until nearly 7pm. He was back in the room by 8:40.

Before he went into surgery, our surgeon Duncan Harriss (who's was fantastic!) I was abit star-struck when I saw him, he's abit of a legend in his field! Anyway, he had a look at DH's notes and said that due to an op on his right side he had about 5yrs ago he may not be able to re-attach both sides. He said he wouldnt know until he was down there, but he will do it if he can.

We didnt see anybody after the op who knew the outcome, so I still dont know now, whether it was one side or both that have been re-attached. I shall remain hopeful anyway! :happydance:

Our overall experience with the Hospital was great. Staff were really friendly and loved the fact that it was my DH's Birthday too. They let me put banners and balloons all up in his room whilst he was in surgery so that was good too. I shall be leaving soon to pick him up and hopefully will know either way.

I can't thank my DH enough for what he has done. I love him so much! :hugs: Yesterday marked the first day of the rest of our lives and I can't wait for us to start living it!! People talk about living the dream...... That is exactly what we are doing!! :happydance:

Wow so your hubby's first one was quick too then! I've spoken to about 5 surgeons and some researchers (I'm a sport scientist so it's in my nature to delve haha) and they all said op should take a minimum of 2-2.5hrs. I thought he was a nice man, and is obviously successful in some cases but I can't help thinking because he gave us odds of 98% he didn't delve deep enough and just reattached the tubes.. However, I can't complain about the care we received its just that I've since spoken to 5 other couples and we all got a zero SA and we all got exactly the same letter sent to us confirming what possibly went wrong.

He worked for you though so I'm sure he will be doing his best for success again..

We are using Mr Swinn at Spire Gatwick, it's a 30min journey for us and he has an impressive résumé also..

We had to go with August as hubby has two weeks off work as the rest of the crew are filming in America so it's the only time he has off.. We got the finance approved today though so just got to pay the rest off Dr Harriss's before the new repayments start... Skint for the next month!!

I really hope we both get success this time.. We are scoping as soon as he's able to produce! We know what zero looks like so will be interesting to see what might be there this time...

wow that is interesting...I honestly had no reason to doubt anything that he did.... This time round Ive realised how niave we both were going into it the first time.... We just sailed through it all despite the odds stacked against us....obviously a dream come true but this time....its a million times different.... We have been ttc for what seems a lifetime now so we are going into it differently....our sex life has been affected loads by all the unsuccessful ttc and I also had a loss so getting pregnant is one thing, but staying pregnant is our other concern....although we have no reason to believe there is a problem, just one of those things :-( and we have a nearly 4 year old....but we are optimistic, we have to remain that otherowse I will lose my mind- :wacko:
I have never scoped before so I am intrigued...cant wait...:thumbup:
Ooh filming? What does hubby do? Xx

Elmo, My local London's Women's Clinic has a special offer on a single cycle of icsi/ivf. Ill try to post the link:

https://www.londonwomensclinic.com/north-east

Its about £3,500 but i think you need to add pre treatment assessment costs on top of that x

I'm just back from an amazing holiday, swimming with dolphins was an experience ill never forget.
It was nice to have a break before starting our ivf next Saturday xx

Rachy, how's it going? What exactly are you doing right now for your IVF cycle?

I'm actually triggering tonight and egg retrieval July 30th, I've got 11 follicles right now, we'll see what we get for eggs in two days!

Hi rdleela, thats great news, fingers crossed for 11 mature eggs from those follies & hopefully 11 beautiful embabies :thumbup:

I start down regulation injections on Saturday which is my cd21, im a little apprehensive if im honest but im sure ill cope with self injecting and side effects. Ive heard buserelin can cause horrible headaches :wacko:
Anyway, i dont start stimming until the 5th of September with ec week beginning 14th of September. Still a bit of a wait but officially starting very soon! Im hoping, if we have any normals, that we can plan FET for late October & hopefully do it on a natural cycle xx

Thank-you!

You'll do fine with the injections, I'm sure! The first one for me is the worst, it's this mind-f*ck I play with myself, but it really DOES NOT hurt, you will rock it out, I'm sure! Let us know how those first injections go! Wishing you the best of luck!

Good luck Rdleela! I hope you get lots of healthy eggs for your retrieval! :dust::dust:

Good luck with your IVF cycle rachy! :dust::dust: I hope you get lots of healthy eggs and embryos to freeze for your FET cycle! :dust::dust:

I am an old member of this thread! I haven't been on here in a while but I am planning on doing a FET cycle around October/November time frame also Rachy! Wish me luck! :dust::dust: I have a consultation with a new fertility clinic at the end of this month and I am planning to have my 3 frosties transfered there for a FET cycle if I like the DR and office. My old clinic is 6 hours away and is too much of a hike with twins in tow to go to for a FET cycle. This new clinic is closer to home so fingers crossed that I like it.

Thank you rdleela, best of luck for your retrieval tomorrow :happydance:

Wannabeprego, welcome back! I actually followed your story when i found this thread almost 3 years ago! Our vr was technically a success but dh ended up with severe antisperm antibodies :( So good to be transferring with someone ;)
I had 13 follicles at my last baseline ultrasound so im hoping to retrieve at least 12 eggs, get 5-6 to blastocyst for testing & freezing. Our odds at passing on my condition is 50/50 so im really praying to have at least 2 normal frosties.
Your transferring all 3! Wow, imagine that they all take :wacko:
My brother has 5 children and i did ask him once how he coped, he said its no different to having 2 😉 Good luck with the new clinic & FET :thumbup: xx

RACHY OMG I'm going to phone them today and see how long that offer will run for because with the sale of our car....we could actually afford that... It could be the difference in now or waiting 2 or 3 or even 4 years. However we can't sell the car for around another three months when DH gets the company car sorted. Thanks so much for thinking of me I'm going to look into it today!!

Liv it's not far from your vr redo now!

Rachy how was the holiday? Are you starting the injections now?

So much good luck to all of you starting treatment and for DH's op livinhope! Xx

Your welcome elmo 😉
As far as im aware, this offer has been going for quite a while now and it doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon.
Our holiday was probably one of our best, ive been to Marmaris 10 times but only just discovered the dolphins! Im going back in 2017 after ivf & hopefully baby to do it again 😆 xx

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1437937820708.jpg
    FB_IMG_1437937820708.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1
  • FB_IMG_1437937808878.jpg
    FB_IMG_1437937808878.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1
I start injections on Saturday elmo, all my meds are here, ready & waiting now :happydance:
Im still a little nervous about self injecting but i guess anyone would feel like that xx

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1438261249888.jpg
    FB_IMG_1438261249888.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 2
Eeek you must be so excited and nervous!!!
Wow swimming with dolphins, I have always wanted to do that!

Ahhh is this the deal that is only if you are egg sharing....I have just registered that it might be and I had decided that was something that I wasn't sure I could do 😕

I rang today but the lady who knows the ins and outs of the costs etc is back in tomorrow xx

No hun, its a special offer for a single cycle including meds and blastocyst transfer. If you look at the link i posted, you'll be able to see it down the page. I don't know if the other LWC's are doing the same offer, but Darlington clinic definitely are x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->