The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Darlington is actually perfect Because it's the nearest clinic with good success rates to us, we live in West Yorkshire so it's an hour and a half away but my mum lives in Darlington. I'm trying not to get over excited but I have to say this is the most hope we have had in ages and I have everything crossed that this could be our chance! I had a really good look at the link you posted it just threw me when you said that the offer had been on for quite a while as they weren't offering it the last time I looked into it and that's why egg sharing would have been our only option, but thinking about it that was months ago now so maybe I just missed it. X

I live about a 10 minute drive from Darlington, if i had to go private then thats where I would have my treatment 😉
I dont think you've missed out at all, as long as the offer is still advertised the offer still stands. Ive heard good things about the Darlington clinic 👍x

Hi Rachy can you help me out please, they got back to me and here is part of the email, I just want to check with someone who knows what they are reading that there are not any other hidden costs not listed -

**SPECIAL OFFER REDUCED PRICE**

A typical full IVF/ICSI treatment cycle costs the following:

New Patient Consultation: £150.00 (Payable at the time of booking the appointment)

Semen Analysis: FREE

Pre Treatment Blood Tests (Female): £335.00

Pre-Treatment Blood Tests (Male): £110.00

In Treatment Blood Tests (Female): £105.00

Medication: £800.00 *

IVF Treatment Cycle: £2,650.00

ICSI: Included in IVF package price

Blastocyst Embryo Transfer: Included in IVF package price

Anaesthetist Fee: £400.00

HFEA Fee: £75.00

Embryo Freezing (If applicable): £350.00 (Refunded if there are no suitable embryos for freezing) Includes 5 years frozen embryo storage.

Total: £4,975.00

(£2,650.00 + £800.00 = £3,450.00).

The above costs do not include any other treatments, any other in treatment blood screening, extra mediation in addition to the package price, or pregnancy medication. Pregnancy medication will need to be taken until 12 weeks of pregnancy. The cost varies depending on the treatment protocol.

* If you require any extra medication in addition to what is included in the package price, then this will be an extra cost.

The above quoted costs are for one full IVF/ICSI treatment cycle.

Is she saying that it's normally £4975 but the special offer is £3540?

The great news is the offer is running into next year 😊

No, that £4975 is the special offer including pre treatment testing, hfea fee, anaesthetic fee and freezing if wanted. So for the £3450 your getting ivf/icsi, cycle medication & blastocyst transfer. To be honest, you can get the pre treatment tests done at your gp. I would get those done yourself and pass on your results. Also, you need to decide whether you want to freeze just incase the transfer fails. Subsequent transfers cost around 1000 x

So if we had tests done through GP and didn't want freezing, would it be £3540?
Is the freezing on top of the 4975 or included and that's why the figure is quite a bit more? Xx

Don't know why they pride themselves on being so "transparent" with costs when in reality that isn't strictly true!
Or maybe I'm just a bit thick lol could be that x

Jut don't really understand where the £3540 figure even comes into it? X

Sorry for so many posts...

So from my reckoning your talking £4530 if you have the pre treatment blood tests through the GP is that right? X

Yea thats what I got it at, you can get that down to £4180 without freezing if you choose not to. Bear in mind, if you were to pay the full amount including the pre treatment tests, your still saving just short of £2000. Also, the freezing includes up to 5 years storage so if you decide further down the road to have another, then you'll already have embryos to transfer costing you less :thumbup: Have you asked about payment plans. The clinic is actually in a BMI hospital so maybe they offer some sort of finance? xx

I haven't asked about payment plans we already have a bmi card from the vasectomy reversal but we have since gone into a debt management plan to pay off our debts so using credit is not an a option, hence me thinking that we wouldn't be able to pay for IVF for 4 years when our debts are paid off.

Haven't felt so excited and hopeful in quite some time, I'm going to book consultation for the end of this month with a view to starting treatment in January. Do you think they will be ok with that and the gap isn't too long? I just don't want to wait until January to have the consultation and find that he tells us we have more problems than we had realised etc xx

Id go ahead and book, as long as the offer is still running in January then there's no reason to delay your first consult. At least you'll be going ahead in the knowledge that you've learned as much as possible about the process. Be sure to write questions down and ask as many as you want :thumbup: xx

I will and Thank you rachy, this is why I love having this support, if you hadn't brought it to my attention I would still be thinking that it was out of the question! x

The consultation is booked for the 27th August 😍

Unfortunately they won't let you have any of the blood tests via the GP so it's save save save! X

Perhaps you can get the tests done sooner rather than later, like a few weeks after the consultation? It would break it away from the cost for the procedure. Im all excited for you! Fingers crossed you can do this! xx

Well I was thinking that, I mean we have now paid for the consultation, so if I put a few hundred away this month, the date of the consultation is also pay day so we potentially could pay and have those blood tests done that day (it does mention in the letter that came today that any blood tests requested that day would be payable on the day, and it would be good to have shaved away a chunk of the over all cost. Only thing I was wondering was wether it would be too soon in advance to have the blood tests if we don't plan to start until January? would those tests need repeating closer to the time or does it not matter? does it not work like that?

what stage are you at now with your medication? x

No it doesn't matter, the last day 2 bloods i had done was may 2014, the only things I needed repeated after 12 months was the hiv blood test, high vaginal swabs and endocervical swab for chlamydia tests. Dh had to repeat his urine chlamydia test too. Your smear should also be up to date.
It would definitely be a good idea to get those done asap, like you said, it'll cut the cost down considerably later on.

I start down regulation injections tonight 😃 Getting a little excited to start now x

Wow!! How long will you do that for then and what happens after that? What's the time period like I.e around what time would you be expecting them to transfer the embryos to you? How many rounds will they let you have? xx

I can have 3 rounds of ivf but as many frozen embryo transfers as i need until ive used up all embryos.
I start buserelin tonight, and continue at 50units until September 5th, then reduce the buserelin but add in the stims until egg collection around 14-16th to September. Quite a while but hopefully worth it in the end :)
Transfer will be around October/November x

oh really? So they have the eggs for quite a bit longer than I expected! For some reason I thought they would retrieve the eggs and then have the embryos for a couple of days! Just think after all this time you could be pregnant by Xmas! xxx

evening all! :wave: ooh ive missed so much! Ive been away for the week, wemt down to devon, it was lovely! Xxx

Rachy you looked like you had an amazing holiday! You lucky lucky girl swimming with dolphins! Ive always wanted to do it! Xxx how exciting that youve already booked again for 2017!!!!

How did you get on today? (Was it today?)

Elmo, i hope that that price is doable for you so we can all be on this together! :dance: with wannabe too :thumbup: wow if all 3 took! Twins and possiblitiy of twins again or triplets!! Wowzers! Lol xx

Im currently 11dpo (another good lp for me) and we bd around ov so im silly to even think it with hubbys zero but with my boobs throbbing and me not feeling at all af-y or pmt-y as i normally do during the 2 days leading up to af i cant help but hanging on to that 0.0000001% chance that one got through lol.....torture! :dohh: lol...

Hope you're all having a nice weekend all of you, im still unpacking, sorting/tidying etc and uploading pics lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->