The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Elmo, im doing a freeze all cycle so they can biopsy the embryos, it'll take 2 weeks for the results so its my only option.
LWC will give you a fresh transfer on either day 3 or day 5 after egg collection. If your doing the long protocol with a fresh transfer, your cycle should be approximately 4 weeks from start to transfer :thumbup:

Hi Vickie, hope you had a fab time in Devon! Turkey was amazing, loved every minute of it.
I had my first injection at 7pm, I didn't even feel it and ive managed to avoid bruising, pretty good for my first ever!
You never know hun, you know yourself it only takes 1! xx

Thank you rdleela, best of luck for your retrieval tomorrow :happydance:

Wannabeprego, welcome back! I actually followed your story when i found this thread almost 3 years ago! Our vr was technically a success but dh ended up with severe antisperm antibodies :( So good to be transferring with someone ;)
I had 13 follicles at my last baseline ultrasound so im hoping to retrieve at least 12 eggs, get 5-6 to blastocyst for testing & freezing. Our odds at passing on my condition is 50/50 so im really praying to have at least 2 normal frosties.
Your transferring all 3! Wow, imagine that they all take :wacko:
My brother has 5 children and i did ask him once how he coped, he said its no different to having 2 😉 Good luck with the new clinic & FET :thumbup: xx

Thanks for the good luck wishes hun! :hugs: I have 3 frosties but I am debating on putting back either 1 or 2 of them for my FET cycle in the Fall. So any ones that i don't use are going to stay frozen! I put back 3 embryos on my first fresh IVF cycle and ended up with my twins.

Wow rachy thats good going, glad it went well xxx

Wannabe ooh decisions decisions, what do you think you'll do? What does hubby think? Xx

12 dpo today and no af yet (did a cheeky ic.....bfn obviously) lol...I suspect she will be gere at some point today xxx

Wannabe - imagine having two sets of twins how amazing would that be! Are they boys or girls? one of each?

Liv - there's nothing wrong with holding onto that shred of hope! Stranger things have happened!

Rachy - I'm glad your first injection went so well!

xx

thanks elmo! Well af didnt come like she normally does in the morning but i started spotting at about 4....now its gone past 6pm and im still not in full flow, ive secured a 12 day lp! :thumbup: xx

Hi ladies, can I join in? It has been almost 15mths since my husband had his VR after 8 years and we are still here trying. He has tests in 8 weeks to see what is going on.

Whoop whoop for your super normal LP Vickie :happydance:

Wannabeprego, im sure whatever you decide will result in a beautiful bambino 😉

Thanks elmo, tonight's injection wasn't too bad either, lets hope they're all as easy!

TTC, good luck with the tests hun. Hopefully it'll happen soon for you :thumbup: xx

Thank you rachy28, can only hope. Unfortunately they won't teat me until my BMI is 'healthy' pretty annoying but at least one half of us is being tested!
We have been taking pregnacare but considering getting a few separate vitamins for him but unsure if it will help more than an all in one as such.
I have also started charting for the first time this month.

Ah yes i know all too well how finicky the nhs are regarding bmi. When we first asked for our referal to a geneticist to start the ball rolling on pgd, we were told my bmi had to be more than 19 but less than 30. Im 5'7" and only weighed 7st12lbs, my bmi was only 17.2!
I did manage to gain enough weight to fit the criteria and i now weigh in at 9st putting my bmi at 19.7. I feel much better after gaining though 😉
We've tried multivitamins and separate vitamins, for us the multivitamins did nothing to improve his sample whereas the latter did 👍
I think they work differently for everyone.
What treatment are you looking into? xx

I hope everyone is managing well, I just popped on quick to say that our IVF was a huge fail :cry:

It was basically a repeat of my very first cycle two years ago. I had 11 follicles growing, but again, only got 4 eggs, and only two were mature. They ICSI'd the two mature ones but they never fertilized, so no embryos at all this time, no transfer.

I will hopefully meet with my RE soon to discuss next steps, but I've been reading up a lot on Empty Follicle Syndrome, as it's what has happened to me twice now. I think I need a completely different protocol, and I've read success stories after a change up in protocol. I might also not metabolize the HCG trigger shot properly.

Anyways, I'm hopeful we can do another fresh cycle ASAP. I'll keep you girls posted. Best of luck to everyone!

Oh no! Im so sorry, how stressful!
Maybe the long lupron protocol might serve better?
Can you jump right back in with your next expected bleed?
:hugs: xx

So sorry it hasn't worked rdleela, you must be feeling crushed. Like rachy said are you able to start meds again after you next expected period? Big hugs xxx

Liv I'm sorry Af shows chick, only next month now before the redo! Xx

oh rdleela! Im so sorry :nope: i hope you get some answers soon, is it quite common for it to happen? Meeping everything crossed for you xxx

Hey ttc welcome to the group! Has hubby had a sperm analysis test yet? You can get them from the doctors for free. Did you have a 3month post op test after the vr? Hope you get your answers! Good luck with charting, the first few months are tricky but its a case of once you know how...its very addictive though- :haha: lolxx

Hi, girls, thanks...

I think I have to wait one cycle to start a new one, so I'm thinking Sept/Oct, and yes, I'm thinking the long Lupron cycle would be better, and I'm thinking potentially switching up the HCG or doubling the dose. What's happened to me with so many "empty" follicles is pretty rare, from what I've been reading. I won't meet with my RE for probably two weeks yet, so more waiting, waiting, waiting...

You certainly learn what patience is when trying to conceive don't you! Stay strong rdleela, hope it doesn't drag too terrible for you xx

I was a bit disappointed to see that the clinic we have chosen for IVF has a 35% ** 45% (not sure what the asterisks meant) success rate when the women are under 35 years of age and using their own eggs.

I thought wow that doesn't make you feel as though you have a great chance. So I just wondered what is considered an excellent succes rate for a clinic? Is this percentage the norm? X

Yes thats normal statistics for most clinics hun, bare in mind, that with a healthy couple, their chance of pregnancy each month is only 20% x

Ah I see so really then...even compared to a healthy couple you are raising your chances by 15 to 20 percent when you have IVF? Thanks for clearly that up its less worrying x

Yet another question for you rachy!

I was just reading in the paperwork they sent us, that IUI washed away most of the antibodies, if that's the case couldn't we do IUI? Why does it need to be icsi? X

In theory yes its possible,ive researched this myself and there doesn't seem to be great success with higher titers of AsAb's. Again, if you have fewer than 40% sperm bound antibodies then it may well work. Also you need a good amount of Normal, motile sperm post wash for iui to be successful without an antibody issue x

Yea and I seem to think his morphology was no longer that cracking at the last SA, just read as well in the paper work that the success rate rises to 70% with icsi and that you generally need three rounds of iui to be successful so I definitely think icsi is the way to go! This appointment can't come soon enough.

Say if things had completely deteriorated and he now has zero sperm from scarring, do you know how much more sperm extraction costs? I haven't a clue. Just trying to prepar myself for all eventualities! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->