The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

I think its around £1500 for a surgical sperm extraction but please dont worry so much, your dh had a fairly good count so as long as he's regularly ejaculating, it'll be fine 👍
I actually asked my ivf nurse that same question just last week as its been over a year since dh's last sa. After speaking to the embryologist, she said they expect little change and are not concerned about obtaining a zero count on the day of egg collection x

Well that's a huge relief so thank you, it had been worrying me to be honest. I would say at this point he is probably "clearing the pipes" one way or another twice a week minimum, do you think that's regular enough? x

hey ladies :wave:
Rachy you really are a guru in all things related, so glad you're here with us....but at the same time I wish that none of us were here....well in the ttc forums anyway...if only hey! I know very little about all of this but when i very briefly looked into it all, we would need sperm extraction and Im sure if i remember correctly it was about £1500.... Xx

Awww thank you Vickie. To be fair, if it wasn't for you starting this thread originally, I wouldn't have had anyone to turn to for help when we first decided on a vr, so thank you! :hugs:

A little update from me: day 4 of Buserelin injections & no major side effects :happydance: I am having sleep disturbances which obviously makes me feel a little tired during the day. Im starting to feel really crampy, almost painfully so :( I am due af in a few days and judging by the pain (mixed with the injections) its going to be a pretty awful one!

How are you feeling rdleela?

xx

aww im just so pleased it was able to help. When i joined back in 2010 there was nothing central for people ttc after vr so I figured Id start somewhere for us all to share everything vr and ttc :hugs:

I really hoe af isnt too bad for you, theres nothing worse than a painful period...its painful enough that we arent preg each month without the pyhsical pain she makes us endure grrrrr.
Im having acupuncture again on friday, first one in a while, this year infact! So looking forward to that, started slimming world monday too, got a stone id like to shift, just for me really, but im feeling good so alls good really! Looks like we all have a busy/exciting sept/oct.....can we fastforward to xmas?? Lol xx

Ah yes please on fast forwarding to Xmas!!!!

I agree rachy is my "go to girl" on all things antibodies and fertility treatments lol would be so confused without your help rachy and thank god for you starting this thread liv! So glad I didn't leave it all behind me a couple of months ago when I thought all hope was lost.

X

Wow rachy thats good going, glad it went well xxx

Wannabe ooh decisions decisions, what do you think you'll do? What does hubby think? Xx

12 dpo today and no af yet (did a cheeky ic.....bfn obviously) lol...I suspect she will be gere at some point today xxx

DH has promised to be supportive either way I go! I am leaning towards putting back 2 though just because than we will have a better chance of success and the process is so expensive. We are paying for it all ourselves! I also am wondering what the DR will say about the quality of the embryos so that is a factor that I can't know just yet. On one hand one baby would be an easier pregnancy and twins are risky for me since mine came early as preemies and had lengthy NICU stays. Luckily I still have more time to decide. :wacko:

Wannabe - imagine having two sets of twins how amazing would that be! Are they boys or girls? one of each?

Liv - there's nothing wrong with holding onto that shred of hope! Stranger things have happened!

Rachy - I'm glad your first injection went so well!

xx

My twins are 2 and I have a boy and a girl! :winkwink: I think it would be fun to have another set of twins! However I know how much work they are and I would probably be pretty exhausted! :wacko: I also am at risk of pre term labor and my twins came early at 28 weeks so they had lengthy NICU stays, so that was tough! They are both healthy now even though they are developmentally delayed! :thumbup:

Hi ladies, can I join in? It has been almost 15mths since my husband had his VR after 8 years and we are still here trying. He has tests in 8 weeks to see what is going on.

Welcome to the group and good luck baby dust to you with TTC! :dust::dust:

@rdleela, big hugs to you hun! :hugs: I am sorry that your last cycle didn't work out! I am sending you lots of good luck and I have my fingers crossed that your next cycle will be a success! :dust::dust:

Of course yea, I wasn't thinking about the possibilities of twins being born early! When you have experienced it all first time it makes it a harder decision I imagine. X

I appreciate your appreciation Elmo :thumbup:

Wannabeprego, i understand why your decision is a little difficult. You already know the problems associated with multiple pregnancies but want to maximise your chance of achieving pregnancy with a transfer. Transferring 2 only increases the chance of pregnancy by 8% but it increases the chance of multiple pregnancy 40%. I think 8% is huge so if I could, I would put 2 back.

I *should* be having my down reg bleed but af seems to have gone awol. I had the worst experience with my injection yesterday, the damn thing wouldn't go in so i had to get another syringe with a new batch of buserelin to try again. Thankfully the second injection was much easier but ive an unsightly bruise from the first attempt. Im already getting pretty fed up of it but just have to keep telling myself why we're doing it.

Hope you ladies had a lovely weekend xx

morning ladies :wave:
Oh no rachy! Sorry to hear you had a bad time with your injection yesterday! Yep keep telling yourself why you're doing it! :thumbup:
I cant believe its sept next month! :shock: think it was this time 5 years ago that i joined BnB! I was pre vr getting in loads of tips and ttc help with charting etc....i was only going to temp for afew months to check that my body was working as it should be....
God i just want to fast forward now xx

Do we get the option to put two back in the UK? The paper work from the clinic kind of leads me to believe not? I think knowing this is our only shot I would want to put two back but don't think we will get given that option? X

Hi ladies,

hope you dont mind me joining in again! Was here just over a year ago when DH had his reversal. (Apr 2013) It was successful and we started TTC, we got married in Sept 2014 and then DH's dad was unwell so we kind of stopped trying. Fast forward to now and still no sign of BFP. We are now giving it 3 months of proper charting and trying then making an appointment for IVF consultation if we have no luck! I am so scared of spending so much money on IVF and being no further forward, but I dont think either of us would be happy if we didnt at least try!

I had an internal ultrasound and AMH test before his reversal and all was good, they suggested I may require short protocol if we went on to IVF because of those results although I am not that sure what that entails. I have a science background and even with that I struggle to understand some of the info they give you!

Elmo, if you're over 35 the choice to put 2 back is optional, under 35 they suggest 1. Paying privately i think the decision is yours regardless of age but you need to be mindful of the complications associated with multiple pregnancies.

Hey Sol, sorry your having a hard time of it. Dh had his vr in april 2013 & we haven't been lucky enough to get our rainbow baby.
Im currently doing the long protocol because ive a very regular cycle and an average follicle count & blood results for my age. The long protocol involves down regulation which switches everything off before stimulating the ovaries. Its kind of a menopause. With the short protocol, you dont down reg so you would start stimming on day 2 of your natural cycle. The short protocol tends to be used for those who have a high number of follicles where ohss is a concern, particularly women with pcos. Im not so clued up on the short protocol but i know rdleela has just done it so maybe she can shed some light for you. Xx

Thank Rachy,

I believe I did have a large number of follicles and my AMH was high but they said my ovaries didnt look cystic and I have no other signs of PCOS apparently. They did say there was a risk of overstimulation though. If we get nowhere over the next few months we will just need to go and see, and no doubt run all the tests again!

Having a reeeeal bad day today. It's so selfish of me but one of my good friends who I have been talking to a lot about our ttc struggles messaged me this morning and told me out of the blue that she is there months pregnant with her fifth baby. They weren't trying and I had no idea she was pregnant. I couldn't have guessed just how hard it was going to hit me, I almost immediately started sobbing and haven't been able to stop all day. Then had a huge row with DH because of him not being of any comfort and not being supportive and me basically resenting him for having the vasectomy. I know a lot of it is because I am due on today or tomorrow and I'm sure I will sort myself out but boy have I felt sorry for myself today xx

Hi elmo, hope you're feeling better today. Ive been in exactly the same situation. My sister in law decided she wanted a baby just because we were trying & she wanted a girl. She was pregnant with her 10th pregnancy after 4 months of trying (1still birth, 4 live births, 4 abortions)
Each month her af came she would cry which really pissed me off because we had been actively ttc for 18 months at that point. When she told me she was pregnant, I couldn't congratulate her, i just cried and in hysterics shouted "she doesn't deserve it, i hope its a boy and bloody ginger" Well at her 20wk scan she was told it was a girl but fast forward to the birth...yup...it was a boy, and ginger!!!! Karma, who knows, but it sure did put a smile on my face 😆
Tbh, it made me realise that our baby will be much more special because we're doing it for the right reasons, not just because this or that xx

oh my god rachy I couldn't help but laugh �� I hope it's a boy and bloody ginger lol!!
I know just what you mean though, this friend of mine is literally one of the nicest people you could ever meet, but it was such a shock to me because she already has 4 children and told me they weren't having anymore. I feel like a different person today, I'm over it, but wow yesterday I felt suicidal, seriously it was beyond a joke lol. Ahhhhh the joys of infertility!

Can't believe it turned out to be a boy they must have been so shocked! I shouldn't judge - but it has to make it a harder pill to swallow when she has had not one, or two or even three but FOUR abortions?? x

hey sol-fee welcomeback! Im sorry things havent worked out for you so far...this really is the place to be right now as we are all ttc after vr but approaching from different angles.... My hubby is going for a vr redo next month as he has scarred over after his original vr in 2010.

Elmo ive totally been there too.... When i had my daughter, i wa sso lucky that my 2 friends were also expecting their first (my best friend due the week before) and so we had the best fun during mat leave! Never a dull moment and i made a friend at a pre natal fitness group too....fast forward and i get preg again with number 2, shortly followed by my friend...i then miscarry, then both my other friends get pregnant and when the last one announced hers i just burst into tears....i was so looking forward to sharing maternity leave with them all again with our toddlers but they did it all without me...i was so angry that my baby died and they were preg without me....sounds silly now but thats how i felt at the time.... Everybody i know even in passing who had their first when i had emily, now have 2nd or 3rd.....:cry: one day! One day! :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->