The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Hi everyone, rachy kitchen is looking good! April is just around the corner!

Wannabe I'm glad it's going so well chick!

Just got up to date pricing from the clinic,

£2800 with egg sharing, £4900 without (both including Icsi...if we went for egg sharing and providing I was suitable we could start whenever we are ready...decisions. Are there any rules to say that egg donation can only be done once? Just thinking, if not we could potentially have two shots financially speaking if we did egg sharing X

As long as your suitable, then you can do it multiple times. I think lwc fund the ivf bit if you egg share up to a maximum of three cycles. Im sure you only pay for the drugs, scans & bloods. I say go for it :thumbup: xx

Just wondering rachy do you think by doing it, we would be less likely to end up with embryos to freeze for future cycles that we might need? Bevause we would obviously have less eggs to begin with? How does it work are the eggs split between me and the recipient? I'm really considering it now, it could feel really good to do xx

Yes half yours half theirs, i think as long as you've got 1 blastocyst to transfer and 1 in the freezer then thats pretty good going. You really wont know how you're going to respond until you cycle, egg sharing or paying for your own cycle, is a gamble either way xx

Do you happen to know if I would need somebody to pick me if i was suitable before we could proceed or does it not work that way in the Uk? I'm so mad with myself I have been a none smoker for going on 7 month then this past week I have smoked two packs. Guess I have to start from scratch again now and wait another three months before applying to donate X

Hi Ladies,

The 2ww is one of the hardest things ever. Not due to go for beta test until Monday but DH got impatient more quickly than me so we tested yesterday at 7dp5dt and BFN. Then started spotting last night so think we are pretty much out. :cry::cry: Pretty disappointed but now have our hopes on our little 5AA frostie, need to wait and see how quickly they will let me start a FET cycle. I am hoping they will let me try a natural FET as my cycles are generally pretty regular. Pretty devastated today though.

Thats great that you can egg share elmo, I have no idea of the details of that as I am over 35 so too old and they wouldnt even consider it. As it turns out it was a good job as I only got 3 eggs anyway at retrieval!

Wannabe thats fantastic that you are getting started. Fingers crossed for you.

I have no idea elmo, I never even considered egg sharing because I know I'd be refused due to my gene status. I do speak to someone on fertility friends who is doing it though and she said something about the clinic matches you to a recipient. She said it took them 3 months to be matched. I would call and ask for some more info on it or you could always go to one of their information evenings?

Sol....its still early...i know lots who didnt get a hint of a line until 9/10dpt, thats why the clinic tell you not to test until otd. Please have faith xx

Thanks Rachy, actually feel a bit better today than last night, think a good cry helped, emotions run so high through the whole thing.

I still think we are probably out, have cramps that feel really like AF so dont think its far away, although I did think the progesterone would have held it off a bit longer than this. I do still have hope (possibly blind hope) which I cant seem to get rid of even if I try!

@solfee, I am so sorry hun! Big huge hugs to you! :hugs::hugs:

Thank you for the good luck wishes!:flower:

@Elmo, good luck with egg sharing if you decide to move forward with it! :dust::dust:

So much going on, Sol-fee, I am crossing fingers that you are not out, but also glad you have a nice 5AA to transfer! I'm a huge fan of FET's over fresh, best of luck to you!

And best of luck to Rachy and Wannabe for getting started here again! Exciting!

hey all :wave:

Hope you're all ok xxx
Sol-fee, I totally feel you, the tww is such a drag, 7dpo is mega mega early, with A lot of people not implanting until around this time or later. Maybe the spotting was implantation? Fx for a bfp over the next few days :hugs: xxx

Rachy hows the new kitchen? Did you get the worktops in ok? Xx

Elmo, we looked into egg sharing too, I got a quote when we were deciding what to do after the zero sa result. It was a toss up between the vr and that but itd have been even more for us as we would have need sperm extraction too, over £1000 for that on top...the vr was really our only option in the end.

No updates my end, all ok. Avoiding ms, up unitl today, i was getting a little qweasy lat afternoon (when getting in from work) up until about 8/9pm but today Ive been fine all day. Waiting for my letter from hospital with my scan date now. Just want to fast forward afew more weeks now lol. X

Glad you are feeling well liv :)

Thanks rachy an open day may be the ideal answer.

Solfee I'm really hoping it's too early! I remember being pregnant with my first and having what I was sure was period pains then they subsided and I ended up being pregnant! If it turns out it hasn't been successful it's so good that you have your Frostie babies xx

Thanks wannabe xxx

yer just a bit! My mum and dad were away from end of dec until last new lealand, singapore and borneo! My dad has been ill alll week, cough, cold and has a rash but he wont go to the doctors! Im like well Im not coming round until you've been seen to! Terrible isnt it! :growlmad: x

Yes especially now that it's also in Spain? You do right, with something like this there's no such thing as over cautious xx

p.s cannot believe you are 9 weeks already! Next week you will be a quarter of the way to holding your baby! x

i know! :shock: although it is draggggggging :dohh: i got my scan date through today for 25th feb so not too long to wait! Ill be 12 weeks exactly then :thumbup: just cant wait to tell Emily and the rest of the family. Once people know and we can talk openly about it, i think itl make it more believable as I still think Ive dreamt it :dohh: xx

Ah wow you will be counting down the days! Don't know how you are managing to keep it to yourself you are doing well!

Well, we have had a bad week really, last Friday Reid was rushed into hospital with suspected meningitis!! Thanks god it turned out to only be a bad case of tonsilitis, then yesterday the carbonmonoxide alarm started going off so I phoned the number on the box and they came out and despite getting clear readings they have turned the gas off until a gas engineer comes out and clears out boiler for use as the man who came out said he thinks because the flute from the boiler to the outside of the house is not sealed properly and you can see daylight, that gas's may have been blowing back in and slowly poisoning us as its in our bedroom and we have been ill on and off and just generally run down for as long as I can remember in this house! Ben has even had palpitations and chest pains, we have both Been lethargic and sore eyes, and thinking back the only thing they found in his blood tests other than low vitamin D was that his blood oxygen levels where low and they couldn't understand why! I'm surprised really that the dr didn't suggest this to us! Really scary. I have somebody coming out this afternoon hopefully just to seal it all properly and turn the gas back on as we are without hot water or heat, I'm praying he doesn't say we need a new boiler as if he does that will be all of our IVF money gone and I just don't know how I will cope with that 😳 X

Ah elmo...you've had a pretty shitty time lately, i hope you managed to get that boiler sorted out! Even if you had to defer the ivf to get it fixed, i really do think its best x

So sorry i never replied vickie, we've been so busy trying to finish the kitchen. Im rather impressed with our work tbh...who needs to pay thousands for fitters 😉 xx

Attachments

• 20160214_122142.jpg
    20160214_122142.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20160214_122121.jpg
    20160214_122121.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20160214_122046.jpg
    20160214_122046.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online