The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Im still lurking
Love getting my baby fix from all you knocked up mammas!
So in T-16 days, i begin bcp in prep for stims...We're just sooooo ready to get this show on the road!

I cant believe how far you ladies are now...im running like fcuk to catch up :haha:

Anyway...keep the updates coming :thumbup: xx

You get those knees up (in every sense!!) 😂 Haha and you won't be far behind at all rachy! You'll be enjoying your summer baby whilst we are fighting the wind and rain! This is going to be the cycle I can feel it xx

Haha that video is so cute!! I knew you would have a girl just a feeling :) I'm so tempted to have a 16 week scan but really should save the money and wait for 20 weeks lol X

I too knew she'd be a girl..... A strange thing but I've always 'felt' Id have girls.... If I had another, it'd be a girl too... But we are done now....unless we have a lottery win then Id happily carry on lol. Things are happening quickly now, been feeling her for a week now, she enjoys a kick about in the evenings between 8-10pm lol, so cute... And its all. So surreal because I feel 100% normal..... Have been so incredibly lucky again! My 20 week is 21st April, so only 3 weeks on Thursday :dance:

Im still lurking
Love getting my baby fix from all you knocked up mammas!
So in T-16 days, i begin bcp in prep for stims...We're just sooooo ready to get this show on the road!

I cant believe how far you ladies are now...im running like fcuk to catch up :haha:

Anyway...keep the updates coming :thumbup: xx

Hey :wave: yay aprils nearly here! :dance: wishing you lots of luck thus cycle :dance: keep us all posted xxxx

hey all! Hows Everybody going? Rachy hows things with you? Xxx

Well...you know when your just ready to start something and the closer you get to it, the further away it seems....yup, thats me right now 😞

Im 3dpo today so that means i should be able to officially start my cycle as soon as i see red, that includes spotting which ive been getting every cycle since transfer. So i could potentially start in 7-8 days :happydance: Ive never wanted af as much, especially not just to take the pill for a few weeks!

Ive been car "window" shopping to keep my mind occupied, kinda struggling to choose something with a bit of umphh but a good size car. I love my current car and its power but i do fancy a change *if i can let go*

18 weeks already!!! And elmo 10!!!! Jeeezzeee its flying over. I cannot wait for more scan pics 😆 xx

It's good to keep busy with other things as much as you can isn't it. I developed a few different "hobbies" over our time ttc lol one was buying Yankee candles to the extreme and the other is make up, kept treating myself to bits. Fingers crossed you see that witch soon! Lol funny to be wishing for it for once!

I had the hospital yesterday, they are busy and wanted me to wait until I would be 16 weeks to have a dating scan!!
So I have been a bit naughty and told them that I want the nuchal fold test which has to be done before 14 weeks. I'm going to tell them on the day that I changed my mind and I'm not having it but this means I'll get my scan in my 13th week and we can finally tell the kids and other people all being well xx

aww rachy thats great! :dance: going to be an exciting month following your cycle! :dance: xxx oooh car shopping! Exciting too!!what have you seen that you like so far? Xx

Elmo, 16 weeks really!!! :shock: thats mad! Great idea about the nuchal fold scan :thumbup: it takes ages to get to the dating scan, really gives you peace of kind, so to make you wait until 16 weeks is just madness! :growlmad: xx

Yes you definitely need to keep your mnd occupied during this madness! My problem is very extreme though....i mean how many kitchens and cars can i actually buy during this process :haha:

Im totally confused why they want to make you wait until 16 weeks. Thats not right at all! Id be kicking off or taking myself down to the epu with some phantom bleeding and cramps and getting the scan there and then!

These are what im trying to decide between. The ds3 is fast and i know because I already have one but its red, i dont like red. The vitara is bigger but no power and quite clunky. I need to test drive it but i have a suspicion i wont like the way it drives. Ive looked at the Audi A1 too but the biggest engine is 1.4 and entry level models are expensive.

Attachments

• 2016-03-31 21.15.29.jpg
    2016-03-31 21.15.29.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 3
  • lg_Suzuki Vitara 1.jpg
    lg_Suzuki Vitara 1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 3
oooh rachy decisions decisions! Well you can always buy another car for me! And Im sure elmo wouldnt say no! :winkwink: xx

Rachy those are some NICE wheels!! Very nice indeed I would take one of each :)

As for the scan it was just literally the first one available! That busy down there right now. Must be holding some open for those having the nuchal fold test as that's how I have managed to get in by 13 weeks xx

Hi all,am new here
Husband had a vr Sept 2014 and still no joy,we have two children together aged 9 and 11 but just want one more,and it doesn't seem to be happening.Been so low,and thought joining a forum may help,any advice any of you could give will be greatly received x

Oh hun i know how you feel. Its 3 years since our reversal and im still waiting for our miracle number 3 baby. I already have 2 children aged 9 & 12 and like you we just want one more. Unfortunately for us, we have severe antisperm antibodies which really hinders our chance of natural conception. We did get pregnant but had a very early miscarriage. We're not currently 'trying' as we've moved onto ivf. Ive been a part of this group since 2012 when we were just looking into the idea of trying again and i must say...They're an amazing bunch of ladies!

Have you had a repeat semen analysis recently? Xx

Hi Rachy,thanks for replying.
We didn't even have the first set of SA!Been hearing so many mixed things about them-we had the view back then that if it was going to happen it would,we decided not to-kinda wish we had now 😞,least we would know if he had Antibodies.We are both stressing so much each cycle,I honestly think that's a lot to do with it,just neither of us can work out how to not stress!!!if you know what I mean!.I've read so many things online about how even if people have antibodies they still conceived and when they were least expecting to fall they did,I just can't work out how to "least expect it"when we're actively trying!?x

hi :wave: xx welcome to the group! X it really is the hardest thing ever and there arent many people who can truly understand. I would definitely recommend a SA just to know what you are working with really, but like you said, there are a lot online about people conceiving against all the odds...ive seen a rise in people conceiving with 100% antibodies. When we were ttc we temped and used opks, I was obsessed about knowing where I was in my cycle and when I was most fertile. It worked for us Thankfully, however it didnt take any stress out of ttc...there are also tests you can have, to check your egg supply and your hormone levels etc but if you already track your cycles and ovulation, and you ovulate each month with at least 10/11 days between ov and af coming with no probs in between, then the chances are, things are ok there.
I coneived both times around xmas time, the month where I ate, drank whatever I liked and relaxed somewhat...i still temped and used opks but maybe its alcohol :haha: maybe it relaxes you in a way that helps conception :shrug: lol dont think i was legless all over xmas, cant remember the last time i was drunk lol, i just had glasses of wine and enjoyed the celebrations...maybe theres something in it :shrug: lol.

I do wish you lots of luck, keep us posted on things wont you! Having somewhere to go and talk definitely does help! I started this group over 5 years ago when my hubby was booked in for his 1st vr and I just couldnt find any info that was in one place so I thought Id be the one to try and get it all in one place. Are you in the uk? X

Hi Hun, it was one year and 8 months for us to get our only bfp, I'm now 12 weeks pregnant, we where one of the ones who thankfully where very lucky to manage it with 100 % antibodies, for us it was as you say when we weren't expecting it, we had resigned ourselves to the fact that it couldn't happen naturally, the NHS had said that his antibodies meant "Immunilogical infertility is highly probable" though I must say that at our IVF consultation, the Dr did say, I think if you give it another year you won't be back here, I didn't believe him but he was right. Maybe what helped us to conceive is that I was only thinking about the IVF and saving for that. I had spent every month treating the two week wait as if I was pregnant just in case, not wanting to take as much as a paracetamol, but the month we conceived my back had gone and I thought I can't live like this forever so I took all the pain meds offered to me and had even had a full bottle of red to myself (wouldn't advise that lol)

I can completely understand you not having had a SA, however at this stage I would really recommend it. I mean with a risk of being horribly negative, the reversal may not even have worked and you might to consider a re-do? If you are in the uk you don't need to pay just speak to your GP? Or alternatively, our consultation with the IVF clinic, my scan on my ovaries etc and his SA all cost £150 and you would be getting the expert advice as well as the tests? Keep chatting to us it will help so much! Xx

Thanks so much ladies,you make me feel "normal" and obviously understand where I am coming from.
My cycles are 23 days,I ovulate on cd 10 every month and use opk.
I'm 34 and husband is 37.
We have been scoping at home since the op and his sperm count was good at first but has increased over the past year,so that's promising too.
We take pre conception vitamins and use preseed.
Neither of us drink alcohol,not for any reason apart from we enjoy a cuppa better!!!strange I know!maybe having a drink would do us both some good as we are both stress heads!!
I literally fantasise about the day that I take a test and it's a positive,We live with the regret of having the vasectomy done in the first place.We were so you and overwhelmed by 2 babies under 18 months,I need to learn to move on,just not sure how x

Oh sorry,yes we're in Essex.
and forgot to add... We both eat really well,plenty fruit,veg,good balanced diets and neither of us are over/underweight.
Maybe we are burning ourselves out during ovulation,can I ask if you BD everyday or every other?or less often??x

I dont think you're doing anything wrong or scuppering your chances in any way. Sometimes it just doesn't happen. I know its frustrating and its like "why is this not working...are they swimming in god damn circles!!!"
I would advise you get the sa done, if nothing else, it may give you an answer why its taking so long. There are 2 types of antisperm antibodies, igG & igA.
IgG antibodies prevent sperm from swimming and causes them to clump together (agglutination) this form doesn't prevent pregnancy but do make it difficult.
IgA antibodies prevent sperm from penetrating the egg or binding with them if penetration is successful. Obviously IgA are much more significant when it comes to immune infertility. If your issue is antibodies, you need to keep his supply fresh and i would definitely say keep those pipes cleaned every 48hrs at least x

Every cycle we had dtd every day over fertile period, it's the first time it has dawned on me and it might mean nothing but the month we conceived we both felt unwell so we only dtd every other day three times, it might mean nothing and be a coincidence or maybe it helped I don't know but if you have been doing every day, maybe one month give every other day a try? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->