The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Can't believe I forgot to tell you this like its nothing lol!!

Baby is.......A BOY!!! xxx

Your bumps are so cute! I'm 30 weeks now, so feeling like my bump is very large rather than cute lol

and Elmo, another boy!! yay!!! I don't think I ever told any of you that I'm having a boy this time!

Rachy, I think the fact that they found this fluid and are being cautious about putting your precious embryos back is very good! It's better than wasting them, you know?! Regardless, I hope they find the cause and/or it's gone so you can get prepping for transfer!

Ah congrats elmo, I know you'd have liked a girl but boys are so adorable. I love my son to pieces, even when he's calling me old and trying to cupcake me :haha:
Will this be your last or would you be tempted to give it one more shot for a girl?

Rdleela, I totally agree with you. Im glad they're trying to make this as successful as possible. I hear many women complaining about their clinic for being treat differently just because they're nhs funded, I can honestly say that mine hasnt done that. My nurse is amazing and will do anything she can to help. If i ask for something not usually funded...she makes it happen. I guess its good news that there was no fluid on my stim cycle but given it was found on cd18 on a natural cycle after ovulation, it might be that i need further monitoring during progesterone treatment. Im sure we'll get to the bottom of this & im sure you look just as gorgeous as vickie and elmo xx

aww Elmo and rdleela! Congrats on your boys!! :dance: I honestly feel if I were to have anymore, that I would only have girls and Im cool with that. Lol I remember when I was a teen I always wanted 4 boys! :shrug: i have a nephew who is just adorable and my sis is preg again too, and finds out sat, but i think its a girl. Shes due 8weeks after me.
Im struggling this week....dont think im quite adjusting to how big ive got in such a short time...Im actually wondering if its normal? Like 3 weeks ago, nothing, now boom...im just uncomfortable, particulary today and knackered! Might stay in bed tomorrow....havnt pulled the 'im pregnant' card at work yet and Ive only got 6 weeks left :haha: and my pram is coming tomorrow....surely a good reason to have a pj day!:haha:

Vicki if you are feeling particularly uncomfortable and like the growth spurt is odd (you'll know yourself I think) then ask your midwife about checking for polyhydramnios, I was carrying smaller with Reid then all of a sudden at 20 odd weeks I trippled in size, I told my midwife who measured my bump and said I was bang on for dates, I knew she was wrong! Luckily I had consultant the following day, she measured me and said I was measuring 6 weeks ahead!! She sent me in for a scan then and there and they realised I had the extra fluid which was then monitored. Might just be that you have suddenly changed how you are carrying but could be worth checking.

Rdleela 30 weeks already!! I bet you look great :)

Rachy do you know honestly it's weird I have gone from having Reid and being desperate for a girl, to now thinking I don't even think it would be so bad to have another and have another boy!!

I can't see us ever trying again though I could go through it, in the future if we are still young enough and money is no object and we live in a much bigger house then maybe we would see what happened but I don't know how laid back I could be once I had that idea in my head know what I mean?

So what's happening now rach? I can't remember what happens during this period xx

So update for you ladies and its good and not so good news.

My scan today revealed a perfect uterus with absolutely no fluid at all and im good to begin meds on cd1 for transfer.

We got our embryo results today too. Yet again we only have one unaffected embaby and its poorly graded at 5cc.
All of the affected embryos were graded excellent or good at 5aa,5ab,5bb,4aa & 4bc. The same thing happened on round 1 😭
The chances of our 5cc embie sticking is very low and if it does, the chances of miscarriage or blighted ovum is high. Im just so gutted and cant seem to dry my eyes.
Now we have to transfer this embie, we dont have a choice because its nhs policy. I know it wont work and the probable outcome of a 3rd cycle will be much the same. Im seriously considering just giving up altogether xx

I'm so sorry Rachy,you've come this far,I'm sure someone is watching over you.There is still a chance it will work,if not this time then maybe next,You must be so mentally drained from it all,try and have a nice bath and an early night,and take each day as it comes,Big hugs xxx

Rachy I can't even imagine how hard this is for you now, I wish there was something I could say that would make any difference at all to the way you feel, it isn't fair not at all. All you can do, is go ahead with transfer, be as emotionally prepared as you can be and there could well be a miracle when you are least expecting it? Maybe I am being naive because I don't know anything about the grading of embryos, but look at this way in a natural pregnancy we have no idea what the quality of those embryos are, maybe some are really poor and they make it none the less? We would never know. How far away will transfer be? Sending you a lot of love right now xx

Thanks girls. After speaking to my nurse today, im feeling a little better but still don't expect this to work.
My nurse suggested we take a good long break if transfer fails before perusing our final round rather than write it off. Ive agreed to cycle again in march next year and hopefully transfer in august next year. Hopefully that will give us ample time to come to terms with this cycle and improve our embryo quality.

Elmo, I start drugs on day 1 of my next bleed, im guessing we should be ready for transfer by the first week of July xx

rachy! :hugs: I second exactly what elmo says :thumbup: and time for the saying, 'hope for the best, prepare for the worst' and sometimes just that mental preparation eases the blow should the worst happen. But with there being a chance, then I (and I soeak for the other ladies too) will be keeping absolutely everything crossed that this is your miracle baby xxxx

Rachy, I'm sorry!!! I know what it feels like to go through a whole cycle like that and feel gutted at the end of it with not-good embryo results. It's heart wrenching! Even though the quality isn't top-notch, doesn't mean it can't work! I think you do have to go into this transfer with a hope for the best, expect the worst type of mentality. I'm so glad that you will consider a third cycle! I agree, take your time with that one! Wishing you the very best!

Hi everyone. Hope you don't mind me joining in. My hubby is going for his reversal on the 16th June. We have 4 kiddies already who are 9, 7, 6 and 4. He is 3.5 years post vasectomy so fingers crossed. Really thought we were done but about a year ago my broodiness started AGAIN and now it's in full swing so we are going for it. I'm 33 and he is 43. xxxx

Thanks rdleela, im wondering if perhaps id benefit from a lower stim dose. I was using 300iu merional (menopur) and responded pretty quickly. The day i started ganirelix i reduced that dose to 225iu. Ive heard that high stims can reduce quality and given that i responded well both cycles, then i may benefit from starting on 225iu and staying at that dose. What about a combo of gonal f & menopur for quality, im definitely going to chat with our fs about it.

I went ahead and booked myself a holiday to turkey next summer. Its given me new focus and im just ready to move on from this disaster now.

Hopefulvrmum, welcome to the thread! They're an amazing bunch of ladies with lots of experience and successes. Good luck on your journey xx

Thanks rdleela, im wondering if perhaps id benefit from a lower stim dose. I was using 300iu merional (menopur) and responded pretty quickly. The day i started ganirelix i reduced that dose to 225iu. Ive heard that high stims can reduce quality and given that i responded well both cycles, then i may benefit from starting on 225iu and staying at that dose. What about a combo of gonal f & menopur for quality, im definitely going to chat with our fs about it.

I went ahead and booked myself a holiday to turkey next summer. Its given me new focus and im just ready to move on from this disaster now.

Hopefulvrmum, welcome to the thread! They're an amazing bunch of ladies with lots of experience and successes. Good luck on your journey xx

Thanks so much :)

rachy! Great news about the holiday! A shift in focus really does the world of good! And amazing the pressure it reduces and we all know how much better we feel when pressure is reduced :thumbup: Im still remaining hopeful for you though xxxxx I started a degree the month sean had his first VR lol....

Welcome hopefulvrmum! Wishing you and hubby all the best! 3.5yr post vr should give you good success rates, my motto... It only takes one! :winkwink: stick around and share your journey with us! We have all come into this many different ways and have many many different experiences that we are happy to share with you :thumbup: xx

Welcome hopefulvrmum! Wouldn't have coped without this thread. As livein says, we have had different circumstances and will be here for your journey! It's not always easy we won't lie! xx

Rachy I think the holiday is a perfect idea and so healthy the way you have a mental plan in place should this cycle not work out, lots of love xx

Thanks so much for the warm welcome ladies. It's so much appreciated. I have a feeling it's going to be a real roller coaster. We have opted for microsurgery , in such a tizz incase it's a botched job.....paranoia off the scale!

Congratulations to you both on your precious babies it's so lovely to see :)

Silly question but how do you get the tickers on your posts xxx

Hopefulvrmum, are you in the uk? Where will your dh be having his vr done? Most clinics use microsurgery now and its hugely successful.

My dh's vr was also 3 and a half years after his v.
He had his vr over 3 years ago now and still has a fantastic sperm count, so i have no doubt that you'll definitely get success in returning sperm. Unfortunately for us though, he developed extremely high antisperm antibodies which have rendered us with immune infertility. We have the worst kind of antibodies too :(

That doesn't mean it will happen to you so dont be put off.
Elmos dh also had antisperm antibodies present and is obviously pregnant :happydance: and Live_in_hopes dh had 2 vr's...both resulting in pregnancies!!!

xx

I've read about those anti bodies . So sorry that happened to you. I wish you lots of luck with your treatment. Everything crossed.

Yes I'm in Sunderland . My hubby going to Dr Dawson in Hartlepool. We've heard mostly good things about him and when we had the consultation he examined DH and said he was good to go so feeling quite optimistic . I'll just be glad when it's over because I'm not sleeping or anything. Dh way more laid back about the whole thing. Typical man ha xxxx

lol yes, blokes are arent they! :eyeroll: like rachy said, my hubby has had 2 vrs and has already said he would happily have another :dohh: I doubt the surgeon would be so keen though :haha: this is it for us though... We are assuming my hubby will scar over again and I cant go through it all again, not for a 3rd time. Lots of people do conceive with antibodies, elmo did :thumbup: my hubby had 65% but I did read that 50% was normal :shrug: some things are out of our control but in my experience, nothing seems to be impossible these days :thumbup: xxx

Ps. If you click on one of our tickers, itl take you to the bump website. In the search bar on the page, type in 'tickers' and it should bring down a series of links, its usually the top one then choose the one you want xx :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->