The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Hi ladies!
Seems very quiet in here at late :shrug: how is eveyone?? still no af for me (very strange) never been this late before unless preg of course! Maybe it will turn up tomorrow :coffee: have felt like its gonna come all week tho! sarah can you have a look at my chart please?? my temp gone down a little bit today shall i expect af tomorrow? x x

Hi

Well am gutted, altho it hasnt really sunk in

Rang dtr who done op and secretary told me results

16million sperm

But NO motility am devastated

I dont know if this will improve, can anyone help? Am waiting for the letter to come through with all the results but its not looking good....:(

Hey :wave:

Sorry to hear about your results, but MRSRICH is right, sperm count and motility does increase over time and they say about 12months the sperm will be at its best. My suggestion would be to not give up, it only takes 1 and get DH on wellman conception tabs and have regular intercourse to get those :spermy: swimming!! Just remember, it does only take one! We only had 4% out of 1million swimming so were pretty much in the same boat, dont give! PMA all the way, it really does help! :thumbup: good luck and I'm sending lots of :dust:
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:
:dust: your way! xx

Hiya, hubbie is on wellman, he was on it as soon as he healed from his op!! Doesnt say much!! the consultant said that he may have requested my dh do his sample too early, although I think he is just trying to make us feel better!!!

Am trying to stay positive, dh thinks I am going to leave him, as he knows how much I want baby with him, am trying so hard to tell him it will be fine but its killing me inside :cry::cry:

Also I have read that for all the sperm to come through to ejaculate around 20 times, well we have counted and my dh hasnt done that yet, lol, maybe I am clinging onto everything possible! :dohh:

Hi ladies!
Seems very quiet in here at late :shrug: how is eveyone?? still no af for me (very strange) never been this late before unless preg of course! Maybe it will turn up tomorrow :coffee: have felt like its gonna come all week tho! sarah can you have a look at my chart please?? my temp gone down a little bit today shall i expect af tomorrow? x x

Hiya have you done a test!!?

Hi

16million sperm

I dont know if this will improve, can anyone help? Am waiting for the letter to come through with all the results but its not looking good....:(

Sorry to hear about your results, but MRSRICH is right, sperm count and motility does increase over time and they say about 12months the sperm will be at its best. My suggestion would be to not give up, it only takes 1 and get DH on wellman conception tabs and have regular intercourse to get those :spermy: swimming!! Just remember, it does only take one! We only had 4% out of 1million swimming so were pretty much in the same boat, dont give! PMA all the way, it really does help! :thumbup: good luck and I'm sending lots of :dust:

Hiya, hubbie is on wellman, he was on it as soon as he healed from his op!! Doesnt say much!! the consultant said that he may have requested my dh do his sample too early, although I think he is just trying to make us feel better!!!

Am trying to stay positive, dh thinks I am going to leave him, as he knows how much I want baby with him, am trying so hard to tell him it will be fine but its killing me inside :cry::cry:

Also I have read that for all the sperm to come through to ejaculate around 20 times, well we have counted and my dh hasnt done that yet, lol, maybe I am clinging onto everything possible! :dohh:

How early did your dh have his sperm count done? they say 12weeks normally we were tested at 10weeks but some ladies on here had tests as early as 6 weeks... the more your dh ejaculates the better chance of getting rid of the old sperms and new ones coming thru if that makes sense! :hugs:

Hi ladies!

I had a look at your chart hun it has come down a little, i'd say if it comes down again then your AF may be on its way.. but if your temp stays or goes up and still no af i'd test again...

Do you temp orally or vaginally? and does your temp read like this

36.5 deg cel
or more in depth like this
36.54deg cel??

I had one that read the blue way at first then i tried the one V had and it read the way the red one is wrote and i found it deffo made a differance on my chart adding that extra digit in :)

He had it done at 9 weeks

I suggested that we wait another 8 weeks and then ask if he can have one done at the dtrs, will they let him do one??

Time will tell I guess!!

Hi

16million sperm

How early did your dh have his sperm count done? they say 12weeks normally we were tested at 10weeks but some ladies on here had tests as early as 6 weeks... the more your dh ejaculates the better chance of getting rid of the old sperms and new ones coming thru if that makes sense! :hugs:

Hi ladies!

I had a look at your chart hun it has come down a little, i'd say if it comes down again then your AF may be on its way.. but if your temp stays or goes up and still no af i'd test again...

Do you temp orally or vaginally? and does your temp read like this

36.5 deg cel
or more in depth like this
36.54deg cel??

I had one that read the blue way at first then i tried the one V had and it read the way the red one is wrote and i found it deffo made a differance on my chart adding that extra digit in :)

I temp orally hun and i have a thermometer that takes the more in depth "red" one:haha: i have been very busy this week so not been able to think much of af being late but its doing my head in now!! 4 days takes the biscuit :haha: never mind see what tomorrow brings.................AF probably x x

Hi ladies!

I did a test a few days before my period was due but was neg :nope: x x

Hi ladies!

I did a test a few days before my period was due but was neg :nope: x x

Hey girls hope everyone is enjoying this lovely sunshine :happydance::winkwink:

Just nipped on to see how you all are?? Littlelou how you doing hun? xx

Was anyone warned about anti sperm antibodies before their op?? We werent and I have just been reading about them apparently 70% of men thats have had vr will suffer from it!! Now im worried.

Was anyone warned about anti sperm antibodies before their op?? We werent and I have just been reading about them apparently 70% of men thats have had vr will suffer from it!! Now im worried.

Nope, what happens? X

The mans immune system kicks in as their body isnt used to sperm being present, so it takes the sperm and destroys it. :-(

Hi ya ladies, sorry not been around for a few days, hey lou any sign of af? What a wonderful couple of days we have had. Next weekend is my fertile time again so fingers crossed for me and everyone else who is ttc in April xxx

Hi ya ladies, sorry not been around for a few days, hey lou any sign of af? What a wonderful couple of days we have had. Next weekend is my fertile time again so fingers crossed for me and everyone else who is ttc in April xxx

Hi honeybunny, its my fertile weekend next weekend also, good luck to you. I have started taking pregnacare this month so hopefully my body has all it need to concieve, going to get my OH to start taking wellman next month.
af finished yesterday (thank god) so let the fun begin :happydance:

My dh had high levels of anti sperm along with low mortility and morphology but we still got pregnant twice after vr, good luck ladies x

My dh had high levels of anti sperm along with low mortility and morphology but we still got pregnant twice after vr, good luck ladies x

Wow thats great, did he have to take any meds or did it just happen naturally??

Yes thats right isn't it?! There really is no reason why anybody should take their results and give up because a piece of paper gives low numbers, live in hope ladies and keep up with the PMA, it really is the best thing to do, you'll see!! xx

We just did a second sperm test(its been 16 months since reversal) DH results had gone down and this test was more detailed telling us he had 93% antibodies .We'll keep on trying for a bit before ivf.he's now on the zinc and multi vits ,has anyones DH tried steroid treatment to try to lower the antibodies???
We are thinking of asking about this next week when we go to the docs.
I'm just getting bloods done today day21 to check i'm ovulating so fingers crossed.
From what I've read alot of it is timming so will start on temping for next months attempt try to get the exact day then it any takes 1 good swimmer : )
good luck everyone x

Waitingmids, did you read the post by reversal just afew up from yours? Reversal, like you had very high levels of anti-bodies and very low morphology and motility and was able to get pregnant twice after VR!! xxx

Hi ladies, really pleased hubby sent sa off on Monday and we have the results back today, Dr Dawson phoned hubby to talk through it which is brill! Apparently 50 million sperm present in the sample, and this is from one sided reversal when apparently an average male has 70 million, Dr Dawson said that heads and tails were all present and that some were still swimming 2 days after being sent to him, really pleased apparently hubby has a very good chance of getting me pregnant! Really really happy!!! Hope you are all well xxx:kiss:

Hi ladies, really pleased hubby sent sa off on Monday and we have the results back today, Dr Dawson phoned hubby to talk through it which is brill! Apparently 50 million sperm present in the sample, and this is from one sided reversal when apparently an average male has 70 million, Dr Dawson said that heads and tails were all present and that some were still swimming 2 days after being sent to him, really pleased apparently hubby has a very good chance of getting me pregnant! Really really happy!!! Hope you are all well xxx:kiss:

Thats fab news hun so pleased for you!!!

How long after vr were your results?

My dh results were similar but i was already pregnant by the time we got them, but we still wanted to know numbers :)

ours were:

52.5million per ml
257million total count
15% non swimmers/sluggish

consultant said that these were really great results after VR so well done you two, especially with one side connected too... look forward to your not to far off :bfp: now then xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->