The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

whats a blow out? :dohh: the sergeon seemed very confident so wasn't prepared for that result at all. I guess we could ask for a re test in 3 months but not sure it will change x x x

whats a blow out? :dohh: the sergeon seemed very confident so wasn't prepared for that result at all. I guess we could ask for a re test in 3 months but not sure it will change x x x

Blow out is a rupture of the very thin epididymis tube (only 0.2 mm in diameter) situated on top of the testis. It is caused by the back pressure of fluid trapped in the tubes below the vasectomy and peaks during ejaculation. Blow out is painless, so vasectomised men would not feel this happening. Statistically the chances of a man developing ‘blow out’ after vasectomy start at zero immediately after the vasectomy and increase by approximately 2% per year. There is one exception to this rule, and that is when a sperm granuloma is present. Granuloma is a firm swelling on the lower end of the vas and varies in size from a small pea to a Murray mint. It is caused by leakage of sperm from the cut end of the vas immediately after vasectomy and is quite common, about 1 in 3 men. We have found that where granuloma is present there is never a blow out, probably because it acts as a pressure release valve. - Extract Taken from Dr Dawsons Website

Ray my d/h had experienced a blow out on his left hand side, but luckily had a granuloma present on his right, if the granuloma had not been present Dr Dawson said without doubt he would have had a blow out on the right too! There is an operation that can rectify this ....

When Ray had his op done, they took me in to the operating room and showed me his sperm on the screen, it was magnified loads but you could see many with heads and tails, they took a sample there and then and we knew that there was sperm present and that the op had worked... Did they not do this with you guys? They extracted sperm from the right, but found that he had had a blow out on the left hand side, so only did one sided repair.

I'm so sorry :(. I feel absolutely devastated for you both (hugs)

No none of that was done, i've never even heard of a blow out. thank u all for your hugs they are much needed right now! GL to u all x x x

Oh littlelou :hugs: I am so sorry to hear that news. I really hope something can be done... :hug:

xx

This isn't the end you know, sperm can and will increase...you will get your BFP!!! (i've sent you a PM) xxxx

So sorry to hear your results littleLou:cry: but i agree with Live in hope over time it can & will increase!

How long between op and sa was it?

Sending you huge :hugs::hugs::hugs:

There's nothing there to increase- no sperm what so ever. Not even a glimpse of hope. The VR was unsuccessful. No point clutching at something thats not there sorry if i sound so pestamistic right now but my head is all over the place and i dont know what to think xxx SA was 13 weeks after op x

There's nothing there to increase- no sperm what so ever. Not even a glimpse of hope. The VR was unsuccessful. No point clutching at something thats not there sorry if i sound so pestamistic right now but my head is all over the place and i dont know what to think xxx SA was 13 weeks after op x

:hug:

xx

Hi Littlelou I'm sorry to hear about the sperm. We were going to have a IUI and the day of the IUI there was no sperm present at all. We were puzzled since we were told we had some. The dr. said that can happen if you are stressed or worried. Is your hubby under stress? I know mine was that morning because he went to work and came back and gave me the sample so I knew that was the reason why. We had a second SA and this time there was sperm present but just not moving. I put him on lots of vitamins recommended by the doctor and waiting for 3 months for them to build up. Next time I'm going to make sure he is really relaxed and calm before giving his sample.

:hugs: I hope everything works out for you!

Hi Littlelou I'm sorry to hear about the sperm. We were going to have a IUI and the day of the IUI there was no sperm present at all. We were puzzled since we were told we had some. The dr. said that can happen if you are stressed or worried. Is your hubby under stress? I know mine was that morning because he went to work and came back and gave me the sample so I knew that was the reason why. We had a second SA and this time there was sperm present but just not moving. I put him on lots of vitamins recommended by the doctor and waiting for 3 months for them to build up. Next time I'm going to make sure he is really relaxed and calm before giving his sample.

:hugs: I hope everything works out for you!

Yeah my OH's went down from 1 SA to the next. Rather than up like we were told should happen. We think it was stress and an unrelated injury his body was dealing with. There may still be hope that in 3 months the situation will be different :flower:

xx

Thats interesting Tally coz my hubby gave in his SA sample only afew days after having the flu and we got shockingly low results, so with getting pregnant less than a week after,we can only assume that the SA was a misrepresentation of the actusl results due to the illness. :shrug: I must find a post that a man posted on a thread i started when i got my results, it was quite interesting and showed how different each sample was... i'll copy and paste it xx

"I've taken semen analysis tests before, and have had widely fluctuating sperm counts. The first time i did a sample I abstained for 3 days, and had a count of around 30 million/ml, with good motility and normal form. Then a few months later, took another one, and abstained for about 18 hours (I felt really bad as they had asked me to abstain for 3-5 days, but being a young guy with a lot of energy , this is a difficult feat), in this one my sperm count was around 3x as high (around 90million/ml), although the motility and normal forms was a bit lower.

This goes to show that sperm properties fluctuate so widely over time, more so than abstinence can have an impact.

Also another thing I know, is that even the most fertile of guys are not fertile all the time. It's not uncommon for a guy to be at low fertility for 6 months, and then all of a sudden his fertility will rise, and result in pregnancy. So don't feel too disconcerted about semen analysis. Getting pregnant is much about timing and luck. "

Interesting to hear it from a blokes point of view and experience of the SA process ay?

Yep :thumbup:

I think I saw that post before. I've seen a lot of info on the net saying similar things, that it can fluctuate a lot. I know it probably won't make littlelou feel much better as I can imagine how devastated they must be to get nothing at all, but anything can happen from 1 SA to the next it seems!

Anyway I reckon I am out this month, I can feel the :witch: coming near, shame really - we tried really hard this month :lol:

Onwards to next cycle.....

xx

I have a copy of the results, they have put a comment on there saying...........
2x possible sperm seen in sample. Nothing moving and doubtful if they were even sperm. Certainly not enough for an ICSI cycle!!!
Nice and to the point!!! I've never felt so distraught and lonely as i do right now, my partner wont even talk to me, since the results he's barely said two words to me, i know he must feel pretty crap right now but for him to not even want to talk to me makes me feel so much worse! He just wants to forget about it like its not happening, my whole world has been ripped apart and can think of nothing else, will this feeling ever go away???

I have a copy of the results, they have put a comment on there saying...........
2x possible sperm seen in sample. Nothing moving and doubtful if they were even sperm. Certainly not enough for an ICSI cycle!!!
Nice and to the point!!! I've never felt so distraught and lonely as i do right now, my partner wont even talk to me, since the results he's barely said two words to me, i know he must feel pretty crap right now but for him to not even want to talk to me makes me feel so much worse! He just wants to forget about it like its not happening, my whole world has been ripped apart and can think of nothing else, will this feeling ever go away???

Oh hon :hugs:

I don't know what to suggest... blokes have weird ways of dealing with things. I hope you can discuss things properly soon
:hug:
xxx

Littlelou im so very sorry to hear aboout your results. My OH is going for his in July and its been 11 years sonce his vasectomy, so am not sure what to expect. :hugs:

Tallybee - Hes healed up pretty good thank you, just waiting for the SA in July

xx

Unfortunately men just dont like to talk, i know that doesnt help you any, im sure he will talk to you when he is ready, its hard i know but be patient with him he probably feels like its all his fault and god knows what elses is going through his head.
Did you go back to the park hospital for the SA? i was just asking as you seemed to get the results very quick, we have decided not to travel all that way again we are going to our local dr.
Do you think you might get a second opinion? i know i would.
I really do hope things get better for you :hugs: xx

Hey all..my hubby had a reversal april 13th of this year..after 9 years of having a vasectomy..we have a 16 year old daughter a 10 year old boy annnnnd we are foster parents to a 10 month old...looking forward to ttc after af gets out of here..

Hey all..my hubby had a reversal april 13th of this year..after 9 years of having a vasectomy..we have a 16 year old daughter a 10 year old boy annnnnd we are foster parents to a 10 month old...looking forward to ttc after af gets out of here..

hey! :wave:

Welcome to the thread! Congrats on getting the VR! :thumbup: I hope you find the thread useful, I know there are plenty of us who did. Good luck on your TTC journey and lots and lots of :dust: for you and Hubby!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->