The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

I have a copy of the results, they have put a comment on there saying...........
2x possible sperm seen in sample. Nothing moving and doubtful if they were even sperm. Certainly not enough for an ICSI cycle!!!
Nice and to the point!!! I've never felt so distraught and lonely as i do right now, my partner wont even talk to me, since the results he's barely said two words to me, i know he must feel pretty crap right now but for him to not even want to talk to me makes me feel so much worse! He just wants to forget about it like its not happening, my whole world has been ripped apart and can think of nothing else, will this feeling ever go away???

Unfortunately men just dont like to talk, i know that doesnt help you any, im sure he will talk to you when he is ready, its hard i know but be patient with him he probably feels like its all his fault and god knows what elses is going through his head.
Did you go back to the park hospital for the SA? i was just asking as you seemed to get the results very quick, we have decided not to travel all that way again we are going to our local dr.
Do you think you might get a second opinion? i know i would.
I really do hope things get better for you :hugs: xx

No we went to local doctors who refered us to southamton, the reason we got them quickly was because they sent results to doctor's and not the clinic. I phoned the clinic today and they going to get Lemberger to call us within a couple of days....... so see what he say's!!
DF and i finally had a talk and he was talking about re-doing the op?? is he crazy to me that wasn't even an option!!! I thought he was ready to give up hope but turns out he's not. I feel so much better after talking to him. When's your SA hun? x x x

Hey! I'm glad to hear you've had a chance to talk about things, it's very easy to think the worse about what he may have been feeling with him not tlaking to you, so I can imagine you're releaved now. The op can be re-done, Dr.Harriss at the park hospital (www.yourvasectomyreversal.co.uk) does alot of re-do's where people havn't had success after their first VR but I don't know whether it's something they'd do, knowing it was a fellow colleague?? :shrug: I can imagine they'd say to leave it a while anyway as things change so much within afew months and if you get a 2nd opinion on the SA or get tested again in 3months you may see that yourselves, but it's good that you know what DH is thinking and that he hasn't aborted plans of you guys having a family together :hugs: xxx

I have a copy of the results, they have put a comment on there saying...........
2x possible sperm seen in sample. Nothing moving and doubtful if they were even sperm. Certainly not enough for an ICSI cycle!!!
Nice and to the point!!! I've never felt so distraught and lonely as i do right now, my partner wont even talk to me, since the results he's barely said two words to me, i know he must feel pretty crap right now but for him to not even want to talk to me makes me feel so much worse! He just wants to forget about it like its not happening, my whole world has been ripped apart and can think of nothing else, will this feeling ever go away???

Unfortunately men just dont like to talk, i know that doesnt help you any, im sure he will talk to you when he is ready, its hard i know but be patient with him he probably feels like its all his fault and god knows what elses is going through his head.
Did you go back to the park hospital for the SA? i was just asking as you seemed to get the results very quick, we have decided not to travel all that way again we are going to our local dr.
Do you think you might get a second opinion? i know i would.
I really do hope things get better for you :hugs: xx

No we went to local doctors who refered us to southamton, the reason we got them quickly was because they sent results to doctor's and not the clinic. I phoned the clinic today and they going to get Lemberger to call us within a couple of days....... so see what he say's!!
DF and i finally had a talk and he was talking about re-doing the op?? is he crazy to me that wasn't even an option!!! I thought he was ready to give up hope but turns out he's not. I feel so much better after talking to him. When's your SA hun? x x x

Glad you have talked about things. Do you think you might go for a redo? I would wait and see what lemberger says before you make a decision, i dont know what the chances of a redo working is. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and hope lemberger can help you somehow. My DH went to his dr yesterday he has to take a sample to the hospital on the 6th of june (seems so far away) but the dr said we wont get our results for 2 days. my problem is if i have worked my dates out right the 6th of june is slap bang in the middle of my fertile few days. xxx

I will wait for him to call before making a decision, its not something to take lightly seeing as what we've been through already i dont know if i could put him through it all again just to get the same result. I'm thinking they will say do another SA in 3 months at least we've had the worst results so wont hurt to do it again. Thanks for all your support ladies :hugs::hugs::hugs: x x x x

Hey all..my hubby had a reversal april 13th of this year..after 9 years of having a vasectomy..we have a 16 year old daughter a 10 year old boy annnnnd we are foster parents to a 10 month old...looking forward to ttc after af gets out of here..

Welcome to the thread! Wishing you all the best with the TTC!

xx

littlelou I'm glad you two have had a chat :hugs: The worst thing is not even being able to communicate and support each other xx

I've heard of VRs being redone before, I agree it needs looked into before going for it though. I really hope something can be done xxxx

Grrr I can feel :witch: on her way for sure. Didn't stop me wasting a test today though :bfn:

Silly cow that I am!!!!

Ho hum ... Ive just waved goodbye to my lovely sis-in-law and my scrummy 18 week old nephew. I love them both to bits, supported SIL through her pregnancy and have known my nephew from his very first breath in the delivery room. Bit of a pointless post really, but days like today, seeing him smiling up at his mum and snuggling down for a feed, I want a baby of my own so much, it's like a physical pain!.

One day ladies ... One day it'll be our turn.

Ho hum ... Ive just waved goodbye to my lovely sis-in-law and my scrummy 18 week old nephew. I love them both to bits, supported SIL through her pregnancy and have known my nephew from his very first breath in the delivery room. Bit of a pointless post really, but days like today, seeing him smiling up at his mum and snuggling down for a feed, I want a baby of my own so much, it's like a physical pain!.

One day ladies ... One day it'll be our turn.

:hugs:

I know, I go to pieces whenever I see friends with their little teeny babies. There are pictures of me looking like mush holding friends' babies :wacko: I know I've done it before, and I do remember how hard work it is but I ache to do it again!!

:witch: is really painful. Crap crappity crap. Here we go again :wacko:

xx :flow:

Well i am officially broody, not quite sure what has come over me but i have started knitting....... thats right i am knitting a blanket ready for when i get my :bfp:
11dpo gonna test in the morning i cant wait any longer.

Well i am officially broody, not quite sure what has come over me but i have started knitting....... thats right i am knitting a blanket ready for when i get my :bfp:

good luck I hope you get a bfp :hugs:

Yep, :test:

Let us know :thumbup:

xx

:witch: is really painful. Crap crappity crap. Here we go again :wacko:

xx :flow:

Sorry honey :hugs:

Thank u hon. I knew it was coming but it's still pants when it does! OH says he's gonna try abstaining for about a week running up until my :) on the digi OPK thang, so we'll see if that buildup does anything good :wacko: Well we'll see if we manage it - we're both horny buggers we normally don't go a day without :sex: :rofl:

xx

:-( :bfn: today. think DH was more gutted than me.
3 days until :witch: is due but doesnt feel like she is on her way.

Fingers crossed for your BFP - you're not out 'til the witch shows her ugly face. Hubby and I are now on our "other" two week wait! The countdown to visit Dr Harris has begun.

Fingers crossed for your BFP - you're not out 'til the witch shows her ugly face. Hubby and I are now on our "other" two week wait! The countdown to visit Dr Harris has begun.

ChattyB's right! I got a :bfn: the day before I got my :bfp: fingers crossed she doesn't show!! xx

Yay Chatty! The other 2ww!! :dance: You must be so excited! Have you met him yet? We had our consultation with him the same day as the op, he was really nice. If you have any notes etc on DH that have anything to do with 'down there' take them with you. My DH had an op on one of his testicles back in 2005 following an injury and we took those notes and he was really appreciative and said that so many people don't and then the op takes longer than expected coz he wasn't aware of why there is scar tissue etc down there. He's really lovely! Wow, this time last year, we hadn't even booked the appointment or even knew we were going to have the money to do it!! It's been a whirlwind year so far!! :happydance::happydance: we wish you all the best!!

We're having the consultation on the day of the op too. Great idea about previous notes - hubby had a hydrocele (sp?) in his early twenties so there's bound to be some additional scaring from that. It hadn't affected his fertility and he fathered 3 children after the op, all successful in the first month of trying.

We're both getting very nervous and excited (and downright terrified according to hubby!)

I'm seriously thinking about buying a microscope so we can check for swimmers ourselves occasionally ... Is that a bit obsessive???? Lol.

We're having the consultation on the day of the op too. Great idea about previous notes - hubby had a hydrocele (sp?) in his early twenties so there's bound to be some additional scaring from that. It hadn't affected his fertility and he fathered 3 children after the op, all successful in the first month of trying.

We're both getting very nervous and excited (and downright terrified according to hubby!)

I'm seriously thinking about buying a microscope so we can check for swimmers ourselves occasionally ... Is that a bit obsessive???? Lol.

I know exactly how you're feeling! It's a very surreal experience and it'll be here before you know it! :thumbup:

I guess you could buy a microscope, I hadn't thought of that, but there is alot more to it than sperm if you know what I mean as they look at motility and the morphology etc so even with loads of sperm, there could be none swimming or moving in the right direction etc. It's quite detailed what they look at. At the start of this thread there is a link to a thread called VR SPERM RESULTS, I think they go into quite alot of detial as to what they look for etc. I'm only saying as I'd imagine microscopes are quite pricey. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->