The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Hey Hunny, :hugs: I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling down after hubbys results, try and keep up some level of PMA though as I found it really does work (I'm living proof) as you know my hubby only had 4% motility and although we felt exactly the same, we carried on with the attitude that 'it only takes one' and that seemed to work! :thumbup: Have a go at posting that link, that Dr sounds great and he'd be quite a help. Somebody links to other sites get pulled off but I've got loads on the front page of this thread that have all remained. If you post it and it stays up, I'll add it to the front page if you like!
Thank you for your kind words, time is flying by which I'm so pleased about and everythings going well, so far so good! :thumbup:
Take care xx :hugs: xx

:thumbup:

You are an inspiration to the rest of us on here!

aww bless ya, thank you! :hugs: I'm just glad that I can help, as I certainly dont take it for granted at how lucky we were and know that all you ladies would do exactly the same for me, you're all so lovely and it will happen for you all :thumbup: xx :dust: :dust: xx

Hey Hunny, :hugs: I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling down after hubbys results, try and keep up some level of PMA though as I found it really does work (I'm living proof) as you know my hubby only had 4% motility and although we felt exactly the same, we carried on with the attitude that 'it only takes one' and that seemed to work! :thumbup: Have a go at posting that link, that Dr sounds great and he'd be quite a help. Somebody links to other sites get pulled off but I've got loads on the front page of this thread that have all remained. If you post it and it stays up, I'll add it to the front page if you like!
Thank you for your kind words, time is flying by which I'm so pleased about and everythings going well, so far so good! :thumbup:
Take care xx :hugs: xx

You are an inspiration to the rest of us on here!

aww bless ya, thank you! :hugs: I'm just glad that I can help, as I certainly dont take it for granted at how lucky we were and know that all you ladies would do exactly the same for me, you're all so lovely and it will happen for you all :thumbup: xx :dust: :dust: xx

:) Thanks hon, it really is so encouraging to know that it's not all about numbers and supposed success probabilities iykwim. xxxxxxx

So new to this whole ovulation strip stuff...I am CD10 today and had nothing on the test strips so guessing very soon the strip will be positive..I'm a very regular 27 day cycle...and I am almost positive I know when I ovulate but was curious to know forsure...
My friend is nursing still her son is coming on a year..so she did a ovulation strip this week and there was a faint line...I was reading on line that is considered a neg result and a positive result needs to be the same or darker in colour then the "c" line...does that sound right??
Also curious if you figured you have ovulated and take a ovulation strip a few days after and its still positive...would this happen?? And could it mean pregnancy??

So new to this whole ovulation strip stuff...I am CD10 today and had nothing on the test strips so guessing very soon the strip will be positive..I'm a very regular 27 day cycle...and I am almost positive I know when I ovulate but was curious to know forsure...
My friend is nursing still her son is coming on a year..so she did a ovulation strip this week and there was a faint line...I was reading on line that is considered a neg result and a positive result needs to be the same or darker in colour then the "c" line...does that sound right??
Also curious if you figured you have ovulated and take a ovulation strip a few days after and its still positive...would this happen?? And could it mean pregnancy??

Hey! It took me ages to get used to using those ov tests. lol Yes, the line needs to be the same or darker than the other line. If I remember rightly when you get your + you can ov anytime from then to up to 12 hours later, so if you tested positive this morning, you may not ov until this evening (so basically as soon as you get your +, get busy :winkwink: ) lol You may still test + the day after aswell but if you keep getting positives it doesn't signify pregnancy as they are testing different hormones. The one tested when you ov is LH and one tested when you're pregnant is HCG. Another good way to indicate if your fertile is by looking at your cervical mucus...if it's stretchy and clearish, like egg white, then thats a good indicator too :thumbup: xx good luck hunny and make sure you get in loads of :sex: xx

Hey! It took me ages to get used to using those ov tests. lol Yes, the line needs to be the same or darker than the other line. If I remember rightly when you get your + you can ov anytime from then to up to 12 hours later, so if you tested positive this morning, you may not ov until this evening (so basically as soon as you get your +, get busy :winkwink: ) lol You may still test + the day after aswell but if you keep getting positives it doesn't signify pregnancy as they are testing different hormones. The one tested when you ov is LH and one tested when you're pregnant is HCG. Another good way to indicate if your fertile is by looking at your cervical mucus...if it's stretchy and clearish, like egg white, then thats a good indicator too :thumbup: xx good luck hunny and make sure you get in loads of :sex: xx

Yep you're right :thumbup:

Nicoley I'm 26-27 days and my positives have been on CD12 or 13. I've been using the clearblue digital smiley one. Loads easier than peering at lines for their colour lol. They're pricey though and I'm down to my last stick so might have to go back to the line-staring thing afterwards :lol:

I've just ordered a clear blue monitor - they're quite pricey but from what I've read, pretty accurate and give you highs and peaks for fertile days. I'm hoping to start using it after my next AF, I'll let you know how I get on.

I've just ordered a clear blue monitor - they're quite pricey but from what I've read, pretty accurate and give you highs and peaks for fertile days. I'm hoping to start using it after my next AF, I'll let you know how I get on.

I've heard they're good. Just can't really justify splurging on one :lol: It'll be interesting to see how you find it though!

xx

Gone a bit quiet in here.... how is everyone? xx

Very positive ovulation strip today and I definitely have my ovulation cramp happening so it will be cycle day 15 tomorrow..now we wait!! This is our first official month of TTC so I'm not getting overly excited or anxious that it will happen this month..now we wait!!

Exciting stuff! (bet I know what nicoley will be doing later lol). Hubby and I will be at that stage soon I hope ... He has his op on Monday! Just waiting for AF to arrive so I can start peeing on sticks.

God I'm SO nervous/scared/excited about Monday! I'm also worried that with all the excitement and build up to the "big day", the period of time between the op and when/if we conceive will be an anti-climax (in a "when will it happen!!) kind of way.

Good luck and babydust ladies!!

Ok ladies i have a question for you, does anyone know if Amitriptyline is safe to take when you are TTC? I have tried to look on line but cant get a clear answer, some say its ok some say not, It is an anti-depressant incase anyone didnt know, Back in October i had shingles and unfortunatley i still suffer with the after pain (PHN) I have been to the dr several times about it but there is no real cure for it, these tablets i have are supposed to help, i got them back in December when we werent really trying as DH hadnt had op, and they did work i am only on a small dose it is 1-2 tablets (10mg each) before bed and thats all i take none during the day just at night. I have found if i take them for a couple of nights the pain does then go away for a few weeks but then comes back, the pain usually starts around the time of the :witch: i dont know but maybe they are linked. sorry i know im dragging on a bit now, I would be grateful of any advice anyone has, Just a bit worried this month as i had to take some last night the pain got to much and i am due to ovulate soon.

:dust: to all TTC

Very positive ovulation strip today and I definitely have my ovulation cramp happening so it will be cycle day 15 tomorrow..now we wait!! This is our first official month of TTC so I'm not getting overly excited or anxious that it will happen this month..now we wait!!

:wohoo:

Get :sex: :winkwink:

:dust:

xx

Ok ladies i have a question for you, does anyone know if Amitriptyline is safe to take when you are TTC? I have tried to look on line but cant get a clear answer, some say its ok some say not, It is an anti-depressant incase anyone didnt know, Back in October i had shingles and unfortunatley i still suffer with the after pain (PHN) I have been to the dr several times about it but there is no real cure for it, these tablets i have are supposed to help, i got them back in December when we werent really trying as DH hadnt had op, and they did work i am only on a small dose it is 1-2 tablets (10mg each) before bed and thats all i take none during the day just at night. I have found if i take them for a couple of nights the pain does then go away for a few weeks but then comes back, the pain usually starts around the time of the :witch: i dont know but maybe they are linked. sorry i know im dragging on a bit now, I would be grateful of any advice anyone has, Just a bit worried this month as i had to take some last night the pain got to much and i am due to ovulate soon.

:dust: to all TTC

Hi hon :)

I'm afraid I don't know about amitriptyline, I do know that people are told that others eg citalopram are relatively safe and many are advised to stay on them all the way through ttc, pregnancy and bf as the benefits outweigh the risks. I'd have to say discussin it with the dr that prescribed the tablets or if there's a gp at your surgery who is particularly good with ttc/pregnancy related things. Sorry I can't be of more help xx

Hi ladies:hugs:

How is everyone?

I'm 9dpo today, chart is in my sig. Not feeling myself today, feel like I'm coming down with a bug :( xx

Exciting stuff! (bet I know what nicoley will be doing later lol). Hubby and I will be at that stage soon I hope ... He has his op on Monday! Just waiting for AF to arrive so I can start peeing on sticks.

God I'm SO nervous/scared/excited about Monday! I'm also worried that with all the excitement and build up to the "big day", the period of time between the op and when/if we conceive will be an anti-climax (in a "when will it happen!!) kind of way.

Good luck and babydust ladies!!

Wishing you and your hubby lots of luck for Monday and for the future hope you get your :bfp: soon :dust:

Hi ladies:hugs:

How is everyone?

I'm 9dpo today, chart is in my sig. Not feeling myself today, feel like I'm coming down with a bug :( xx

Looking promising! I've everything crossed that your temps keep rising and you get your BFP very soon!

:dust: all!

I've been feeling quite down about it all again as it seems so hopeless. We've been doing everything right for a friggin year and nothing :(

It's so frustrating

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->