The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Trip to the docs wasn't all bad , he said iui not worth trying with such low numbers, but has put me in for scan and a dye test on nhs so at least we will no more certainly what situation we r both in before we decide about ivf or sperm donor .He also agrees still could just happen for us .
I ve read alot of u openly discussing your own symptom and I am very similar diff period more obvious sign of ovulating , I wonder is it just that because we r TTC we r paying alot more attention to our bodies ?

Thank you, Im so worried about SA and i know DH is too, i want to know the results, but on the other hand i dont, i really dont know what we would do if they are bad, apart from obviously keep trying and praying lol

We were the same, and that's what we've ended up having to do really, his results were pretty poor the 1st time then 3 months later they'd dropped by a lot so all we are able to do is hope xx

Oh and on the subject of whether to stagger the vits through the day, I probably would do as it'd have a better chance of being absorbed that way, too much at once may be more likely to just pass through u as the body eliminates the excess xx

Well thankfully the last 4 times I have been to the loo there has been nothing there so was able to relax and have just slept straight through for 10 hours which is very unlike me, I must have needed it.

Well i can scrap my other post about nothing being there :-( about 10 mins ago i sneezed had a major pain shoot through my tummy went to bathroom to find brown blood :-( it wasnt alot, when i wiped it disappeared as quick as it arrived (sorry for tmi) just really not sure if i should be worried.

On the other hand i am starting my extra vit b6 today and i am going to stagger them through the day, i just have to remember to take them lol

Hi everyone. How long did OH have to wait from SA to results. My hubby did his 3 weeks ago.

wow 3 weeks! :shock: we got ours the next day! Did you take them to your dr's or to the clinic where you had the op? I think people who had them at the doctors generally took longer :shrug: have you phoned? xx

our sa was 11weeks after op roughly as it was xmas hol's. We had our results 10days later as we had to hand it in at our general hospital and book an appointment with the man who did the op @the private hospital x

Wow thanks ladies. He had his op at a private hospital but had to take the sa the the general hospital. I've rung both hospitals every week and on Wednesday this was told that the sa results were sent tothe private hospital on 1st June. I don't understand why it's all taking so long. I don't know whether to scream or cry! Our consultant only works on a Thursday and I'm beginning to feel this whole thing is gonna end in tears.

Oh how frustrating! :hugs: Waiting is so horrible, I really hope u get some answers soon! xx

Yep, waiting must be the worst :(. I'm DREADING our SA ... Well, more waiting for the results. I'm actually thinking of NOT making hubby do the SA, that way, no news is good news and we can keep trying (and hoping). We've decided against further treatment (ICSI) etc, so not really sure what good a SA would do. We're both on prenatals and have changed our diets / bad habits, so really, there's not an awful lot more we could be doing.

I hope you get your results soon, and it turns out to be good news!

Yep, waiting must be the worst :(. I'm DREADING our SA ... Well, more waiting for the results. I'm actually thinking of NOT making hubby do the SA, that way, no news is good news and we can keep trying (and hoping). We've decided against further treatment (ICSI) etc, so not really sure what good a SA would do. We're both on prenatals and have changed our diets / bad habits, so really, there's not an awful lot more we could be doing.

I hope you get your results soon, and it turns out to be good news!

My OH was really reluctant to go for the SA to begin with, he actually said the phrase 'ignorance is bliss'... he'd had some stupid comment from an idiot at work that planted this seed in his head and convinced him that if the results were bad I would leave him for someone with good sperm :wacko:

Once I got to the bottom of this, I was able to gently persuade him that we should get the SA and see whether our hope was false or not. Well the results were bad, but not completely negative and we're still together (obviously :dohh:) I was suffering incredibly with af every month being agonisingly painful and heavy so at that time I was all for going back on bc to control it, should the SA results be totally hopeless. Well it was bad but like I said not completely hopeless so I soldiered through it and I don't know why but my cycle's not so cruel as it had been. So at least that isn't piling on top of the disappointment each month...

We had also to begin with decided against trying any further treatments but now that we have passed the year of tryin post op and nothing, our minds are not so clear on that and the only thing stopping us trying further treatments is the money. His results are too low for IUI. So anything else would be several thousand pounds which we just don't have :sad2:

I am trying to get him back on the vitamins, but he stopped them after his 2nd SA was actually worse than the first. His little man-brain told him the vitamins had caused it :wacko: never mind that a thousand other factors came in, not least the unrelated injury he had had at the time, which will have diverted body resources to healing!

Sorry, I've gone off on a tangent there!

It's this waiting game, it can send a person loopy :wacko:

xx

God only knows how the man brain works! Hubby is still convinced that the stitches will come undone, Bill and Ben will make a bid for freedom, slalom down his leg and end up hiding out under the bed (or such like)

I hope your "monthlys" stay bearable :(

God only knows how the man brain works! Hubby is still convinced that the stitches will come undone, Bill and Ben will make a bid for freedom, slalom down his leg and end up hiding out under the bed (or such like)

I hope your "monthlys" stay bearable :(

:haha:

Thanks hon :)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hi ladies sorry not been around much been really busy at work with new job! I hope you are all well :) I need some help and some advice on my personal situation if you don't mind? I went for a smear test just over a week ago and I received a letter from Gloucester Royal Hospital on Sat morning stating that my smear had shown up borderline abnormal results, and that I would need to have a repeat test done in 6 months (dec), I went and saw the doc this morning with hubby to discuss this and she reassures me that this is absoultely not cancer and chances are that the cells will revert back to normal of their own accord over the next couple of months, however the leafet that was sent to me from the hospital stated that it was important not to get pregnant until I have received the all clear as treatment or further tests cannot be carried out whilst pregnant due to pregnancy hormones! When DH had reversal our doctor told us that the first 12 months after vr are the golden time, with the best possible chance of conception so we really do not want to wait until Dec to try for a baby. My doctor said to me this am that in an ideal world I would postpone trying for a baby until I have received the all clear on the next smear, but she also stated that she knows how much trying for a baby means after vr, she said it was my call on whether I wait or continue to try. Hubby thinks we should carry on trying, but just had a massive row with my mum over this who thinks that I am being stupid and that I would (could) be putting my life in danger if I get pregnant between now and December, feel gutted that my mum is not being more supportive, she just doesn't understand how badly dh and I want a baby of our own, can you give me your thoughts as I feel so confused right now :(:nope:

Hi ladies sorry not been around much been really busy at work with new job! I hope you are all well :) I need some help and some advice on my personal situation if you don't mind? I went for a smear test just over a week ago and I received a letter from Gloucester Royal Hospital on Sat morning stating that my smear had shown up borderline abnormal results, and that I would need to have a repeat test done in 6 months (dec), I went and saw the doc this morning with hubby to discuss this and she reassures me that this is absoultely not cancer and chances are that the cells will revert back to normal of their own accord over the next couple of months, however the leafet that was sent to me from the hospital stated that it was important not to get pregnant until I have received the all clear as treatment or further tests cannot be carried out whilst pregnant due to pregnancy hormones! When DH had reversal our doctor told us that the first 12 months after vr are the golden time, with the best possible chance of conception so we really do not want to wait until Dec to try for a baby. My doctor said to me this am that in an ideal world I would postpone trying for a baby until I have received the all clear on the next smear, but she also stated that she knows how much trying for a baby means after vr, she said it was my call on whether I wait or continue to try. Hubby thinks we should carry on trying, but just had a massive row with my mum over this who thinks that I am being stupid and that I would (could) be putting my life in danger if I get pregnant between now and December, feel gutted that my mum is not being more supportive, she just doesn't understand how badly dh and I want a baby of our own, can you give me your thoughts as I feel so confused right now :(:nope:

So sorry to hear about your test :hugs: It certainly is a very tricky situation to be in, ive been sat here for quarter of a hour thinking about what I would do if i was in your situation and honestly i dont know........... the only perosn that can decide what to do is you, i can imagine it being very hard to decide when DH wants you to carry on trying but your mum saying the opposite you need the support from them both.
Im sorry i cant be more of a help, I hope things get easier for you, do what you feel is right. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->