The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Today's tests

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s113/clairescunny55/bfcc25f4.jpg

Still in shock!

Good luck chattyB i'm sure it'll all be fine! FX'd for you, let us know how it goes x x

Today's tests

Still in shock!

Really happy for you :)

I don't want to seem like a total cow, and don't want to upset anyone at all but a while ago on this thread there was talk about big bfp talk not being great on this bit because a lot of ladies on here are really struggling with the disappointment of it not happening for us, I know that at least one of us wags posted links to the bfp announcements threads to avoid upset :thumbup:

Sorry if I have been out of line :flower:

Hi ladies how are you all? I was feeling slightly more optamistic about things but then yesterday a friend told me she was prego, I really would be happy for her if it had been planned and her relationship with her partner wasn't an abussive one! Obviously i will be supporting her whatever decision she makes but it still hurts if you know what i mean? I mean there's me trying everything To get pregnant and then she makes one mistake and hey presto! Sorry for my rant ladies x x x

There is a pregnant after vr thread wantingno3 come on over xx

:thumbup:

I didn't want to make u girls feel unwelcome in here at all, we said all along that it's nice for PMA to see successes but it was just getting a bit much all those pics popping up and for those who've been really struggling it maybe a bit like salt in the wounds, holy crap I'd love to have had a bfp as soon as youse have and wouldn't want anyone marring my elation either, but...

I'm not dealing with this long term disappointment so well and it's tough xx

Hopefully a few more of us will be able to join you there soon :thumbup:

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing the copious amounts of cm I'm getting at the mo? I feel like I've wet myself, I'm using a pantyliner!! :wacko:

Thanks for all the good wishes ladies! We're home!

The op itself went well, Dr Harris described it as "difficult" but was able to join both sides, vas to vas :thumbup: Hubby had a bilateral hydrocele operation 20 odd years ago that had left scar tissue but we'd already warned Dr H so he was expecting the op to be a little more challenging.

Hubby was taken down last from a list of 7 .... Which meant LOTS of waiting around. We had breakfast on the way there at 7am, got admitted at 12.30, waited around in the room until 2pm when we met Dr H for the first time (lovely lovely man!), then was given a cuppa and told to wait as OH wasn't in the first 2 going to theatre - but wasn't sure when he'd be operated on. Cue lots of tummy rumbles, wall climbing and pulling out of hair. Hubby eventually got taken down to theatres at 6.50pm which meant that by the time I was able to leave him, I'd missed the dinner time at the hospital restaurant:growlmad:

I waited outside (fresh air!) whilst I awaited his return from theatres and met a lovely lady whose hubby was also having his VR - I've told her about BnB so I'm hoping she'll find it and join us, with everything going on, I didn't get chance to swap numbers which is a shame :(

I was absolutely ravenous by this point but far too nervous to eat - just as well because the local Pizza Hut wouldn't deliver and I didn't want to wander across to the pub on my lonesome (Nelly no-mates :haha:)

Hubby arrived back on the ward at 8.15pm still absolutely spaced out and mumbling "damn! I gotta get me some more of whatever it was they gave me"
(gotta love the morphine huh??), ordered sweets and chocolates, then promptly fell asleep for twenty minutes, giving me the time to drive to the petrol garage a few miles away to stock up on sandwiches and said sweets.

Hubby eventually woke up and was like a bear with sore - well, bits! Starving hungry with a pout any toddler would be proud of .... was not impressed by the fact he wasn't allowed any painkillers until he'd had his dinner. I had to chase up his dinner at 11.30pm as they'd forgotten about it, then it arrived stone cold with only half of what he'd ordered :growlmad: I had to make do with sandwiches from the garage.

We're pleased it's over with now and hubby can heal at home - we didn't realise it until today, but waiting for the operation was pretty stressful in itself.

SO - I'd recommend Dr. Harriss for the VR but my advise to anyone booking their VR with BMI Park Hospital would be;

1. Be prepared for a long wait! Go armed with pre-packed food so that you're able to eat something if you've missed the restaurant opening times. The Burnt Stump pub is supposed to serve lovely food though if you're brave enough to go alone.

2. Take plenty of change!! They have coffee machines but drinks from them are 70 pence each .... and they don't give change if (like me) you only have 1 pound coins.

3. Look into local hotels - I booked a room at the hospital for £50 and the bed wasn't the most comfy! (plastic covered duvets, pillows, matresses ect) Breakfast isn't included and, being a hospital, is quite noisy throughout the night.

hey!! Glad it all went well and both sides were reattached!! :thumbup: Your hubby was exactly the same as mine. We weren't told where on the list we were, but we must have been last, we got there at 11:3am and like your Hubby, mine went down at 6:50 too!! But didn't return until 8:40. I went down at 6:30 to get something to eat thinking we had ages left to wait and as I came back up the stairs, he was walking down the corridor looking like a small child on their 1st day of school! Bless him, he thought I was going to miss him, his face lit up when he saw me, he looked so worried. I gave him a kiss n cuddle and off he went. I ended up staying with him until midnight then went home and picked him up the next morning. It's amazing to think that your DHs bits will heal and you'll be at it within as little as 2weeks!! it's amazing isn't it? I oubt you've seen it yet, but its a shocker!! :shock: but it heals so quickly, make sure you follow the guidance, keep it clean etc and loosen the strap as when it started swelling, the strap was causing my hubby the most pain as it was digging in. The brave man didn't take any pain killers until 2days after :shock: and that was because of the strap digging in! :shrug: lol xxx

Lol WHAT is that strap all about? It looks like a bondage aid! I've already been joking that I'll stick it through the wash with black dylon and he can wear it again on our TTC journey .... I may even sew on some sequins and bells lol (you can imagine the reaction I got *lots of sweary words*

Dr Harriss came to check on him this a.m and asked him, tentatively, how he was feeling, checked the wound, then proclaimed "oh! I was expecting more swelling than that" .... I think he must've been rather brutal in surgery. Hubby was all affronted and said "he thinks I've got tiny man bits! and that's when they're swollen!!" I tried really hard not to snigger, said lots of nice wife things and tried to sooth his bruised ... ego. I'm sure I'd qualify for a VR WAGS Oscar or something like that hahaha

I love him even more for doing this for us (proud wifey!)

awwww bless ya!! It is a wonderful feeling isn't it, knowing that they've gone through that for us :hugs: funnily enough, Dr H said the exact same thing to us about expecting more swelling and bruising than that!!?? Maybe it's a way of making them feel better? I was gobsmacked as I thought it looked horrific, like 'it' was wearing a black polo neck!! :haha: as only the top was the normal colour. lol

He doesn't seem to have a great deal of bruising/swelling yet, but no doubt that'll happen soon enough :(

I've been making sure he's taking his Arnica every two hours and he's also taking paracetamol and ibuprofen regularly to stop him getting too sore. He's lounging in bed, working from his laptop for the next few days.

I can't believe that we'll be able to TTC in a few weeks - AF will be arriving tomorrow so I'll get to play with my CBFM!

If somebody had told me 2 years ago that I'd be getting all excited about VRs and peeing on sticks - I would've said they were insane lol

Lol WHAT is that strap all about? It looks like a bondage aid! I've already been joking that I'll stick it through the wash with black dylon and he can wear it again on our TTC journey .... I may even sew on some sequins and bells lol (you can imagine the reaction I got *lots of sweary words*

Dr Harriss came to check on him this a.m and asked him, tentatively, how he was feeling, checked the wound, then proclaimed "oh! I was expecting more swelling than that" .... I think he must've been rather brutal in surgery. Hubby was all affronted and said "he thinks I've got tiny man bits! and that's when they're swollen!!" I tried really hard not to snigger, said lots of nice wife things and tried to sooth his bruised ... ego. I'm sure I'd qualify for a VR WAGS Oscar or something like that hahaha

I love him even more for doing this for us (proud wifey!)

:rofl:

So happy for u that it's done now and all

xxx

congrats all done now... Next bit is the fun bit lol...
My dh said exact same thing urs did when he came round. Luckily my dh went down at 8.30am and was back by 10.30am ish and we got discharged at 3pm. His balls were bruised and very swollen and looked as if they had had a nip n tuck after lol x

Oh yes! My DH is really impressed with his new found 'firmness' he said it's like they've had a face lift!! :haha: It's mad coz the wound where all the stitching is looks a right mess but even after a short time it disappears and there's no sign of even a scar!! amazing!! lol xx

Bless! The swelling and bruising have now started - he's currently sporting a "tiger stripe" pattern in fetching purple/blue/black colours! I wanted to take photos but he's put his foot down :(. Pity - that would've been one for the family album ;)

Bless! The swelling and bruising have now started - he's currently sporting a "tiger stripe" pattern in fetching purple/blue/black colours! I wanted to take photos but he's put his foot down :(. Pity - that would've been one for the family album ;)

:haha:

John took a pic of his on his phone cos one of the guys at work kept taking the piss wanting to see it :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->