The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

Hi ladies sorry not been around much been really busy at work with new job! I hope you are all well :) I need some help and some advice on my personal situation if you don't mind? I went for a smear test just over a week ago and I received a letter from Gloucester Royal Hospital on Sat morning stating that my smear had shown up borderline abnormal results, and that I would need to have a repeat test done in 6 months (dec), I went and saw the doc this morning with hubby to discuss this and she reassures me that this is absoultely not cancer and chances are that the cells will revert back to normal of their own accord over the next couple of months, however the leafet that was sent to me from the hospital stated that it was important not to get pregnant until I have received the all clear as treatment or further tests cannot be carried out whilst pregnant due to pregnancy hormones! When DH had reversal our doctor told us that the first 12 months after vr are the golden time, with the best possible chance of conception so we really do not want to wait until Dec to try for a baby. My doctor said to me this am that in an ideal world I would postpone trying for a baby until I have received the all clear on the next smear, but she also stated that she knows how much trying for a baby means after vr, she said it was my call on whether I wait or continue to try. Hubby thinks we should carry on trying, but just had a massive row with my mum over this who thinks that I am being stupid and that I would (could) be putting my life in danger if I get pregnant between now and December, feel gutted that my mum is not being more supportive, she just doesn't understand how badly dh and I want a baby of our own, can you give me your thoughts as I feel so confused right now :(:nope:

So sorry to hear about your test :hugs: It certainly is a very tricky situation to be in, ive been sat here for quarter of a hour thinking about what I would do if i was in your situation and honestly i dont know........... the only perosn that can decide what to do is you, i can imagine it being very hard to decide when DH wants you to carry on trying but your mum saying the opposite you need the support from them both.
Im sorry i cant be more of a help, I hope things get easier for you, do what you feel is right. xx

How did your SA go today? did they say when you will get the results? xx

Hi Cjones82,

Thanks for the your comments, I just cannot believe this is happening as if the odds were not stacked enough against us, without this bombshell! I have been thinking about what the doctor said all day and my results were showing just borderline and could and possibly will correct themselves by the next smear test, Even if they had come back as more seriously abnormal apparently its still a long way of being cancerous and it can take many years to reach that stage which is why the cervical screening programme is so effective, it picks up even the slightest changes that historically would not have been noticed. I just feel so confused like the odds are stacked against us:(

Hi ladies sorry not been around much been really busy at work with new job! I hope you are all well :) I need some help and some advice on my personal situation if you don't mind? I went for a smear test just over a week ago and I received a letter from Gloucester Royal Hospital on Sat morning stating that my smear had shown up borderline abnormal results, and that I would need to have a repeat test done in 6 months (dec), I went and saw the doc this morning with hubby to discuss this and she reassures me that this is absoultely not cancer and chances are that the cells will revert back to normal of their own accord over the next couple of months, however the leafet that was sent to me from the hospital stated that it was important not to get pregnant until I have received the all clear as treatment or further tests cannot be carried out whilst pregnant due to pregnancy hormones! When DH had reversal our doctor told us that the first 12 months after vr are the golden time, with the best possible chance of conception so we really do not want to wait until Dec to try for a baby. My doctor said to me this am that in an ideal world I would postpone trying for a baby until I have received the all clear on the next smear, but she also stated that she knows how much trying for a baby means after vr, she said it was my call on whether I wait or continue to try. Hubby thinks we should carry on trying, but just had a massive row with my mum over this who thinks that I am being stupid and that I would (could) be putting my life in danger if I get pregnant between now and December, feel gutted that my mum is not being more supportive, she just doesn't understand how badly dh and I want a baby of our own, can you give me your thoughts as I feel so confused right now :(:nope:

Hi hun, first of all :hugs::hugs::hugs:
Again i wish i could help but its your call hun, such a hard decision to make! They have said its not major and definately not cancer??? if so then surely its not too much of a problem if you do get pregnant?? some people still decide to have a baby with cancer and put off treatment until after they've given birth. I hope you can reach a decision soon without too much stress x x

Again i wish i could help but its your call hun, such a hard decision to make! They have said its not major and definately not cancer??? if so then surely its not too much of a problem if you do get pregnant?? some people still decide to have a baby with cancer and put off treatment until after they've given birth. I hope you can reach a decision soon without too much stress x x

Hi Lou, sorry not been much support lately my life is a bit of a mess, been incredibly stressed at work, and very down about this trying to conceive lark, every month I struggle when aunt flo arrives the disappointment is so hard to deal with, have you had any more news about your other halfs s/a? Hows life for you I know you have been having a stressful time too x Doc says definately not cancer!!! just very slight changes to cells in the cervix, they will just monitor by repeating smear in 6 months, but the leaflet from hospital recommends not trying to conceive until the all clear on the next smear as they cannot send you for treatment whilst preggers! Its all a pile of crap at the moment, my life is in complete turmoil and all i want is a baby!!!!

Hi Lou, sorry not been much support lately my life is a bit of a mess, been incredibly stressed at work, and very down about this trying to conceive lark, every month I struggle when aunt flo arrives the disappointment is so hard to deal with, have you had any more news about your other halfs s/a? Hows life for you I know you have been having a stressful time too x Doc says definately not cancer!!! just very slight changes to cells in the cervix, they will just monitor by repeating smear in 6 months, but the leaflet from hospital recommends not trying to conceive until the all clear on the next smear as they cannot send you for treatment whilst preggers! Its all a pile of crap at the moment, my life is in complete turmoil and all i want is a baby!!!!

I can feel a couple of glasses of vino coming on to de-stress me!!!
:hugs:

So sorry to hear about your test :hugs: It certainly is a very tricky situation to be in, ive been sat here for quarter of a hour thinking about what I would do if i was in your situation and honestly i dont know........... the only perosn that can decide what to do is you, i can imagine it being very hard to decide when DH wants you to carry on trying but your mum saying the opposite you need the support from them both.
Im sorry i cant be more of a help, I hope things get easier for you, do what you feel is right. xx

We were told a week to 10 days :-( yet more waiting, but its done now still not sure if I want to know or not.

We were told a week to 10 days :-( yet more waiting, but its done now still not sure if I want to know or not.

Fingers crossed that you will get a good result xxx

I can feel a couple of glasses of vino coming on to de-stress me!!!
:hugs:

Go on 1 or 2 wont hurt.

:hug:

I am so sorry to hear you're going through this. I have also had borderline smear results, went back 6 months later and need to go back again pretty soon as it was still borderline then. We've continued to try, nothing's happened anyway but we're the same as you, having a baby would mean so much to us that we can't not try iykwim... It must be awful feeling that your mum isn't behind you on this, I know this probably won't make it seem any better but I'd be willing to bet that she's just scared of anything happening to you, her little girl :flow:

Anyway what I do know is that I have been assured that 'borderline' is usually not serious and that it ought to go back to normal on its own. I got such a fright when my first borderline result came through... but even if it does turn out to be something that needs treatment, we have at the very least got it early, having those smears is really important!

I really hope you can sort things out with your mum, and that your next smear gives you the all clear, massive :hugs: PM me if you wanna chat xxxx

It's a difficult one! If it were major changes, they'd have had you in for a colposcopy now. The fact that they're happy to take a "wait and see" approach is good news but very inconvenient. The chances are, if you waited 6 months, the next smear will be clear. I would be tempted to keep TTC, if nothing has happened in 6 months, repeat the smear etc. If you do fall pregnant, the repeat smear would only be a few months late anyway (they'd do a smear at the 6 week post delivery check).

Does anyone here use the clearblue digital Ov tests (smiley face)? I think I'm CD9 although my last AF was very very light - no fresh bleeding, just brown discharge. There's no chance I'm pregnant as hubby is only 8 days post VR. I took a CB smiley test this morning and although I didn't have a smiley face, there were two lines on the test stick (one strong control line, one feint test line). I'm still not 100% sure my AF was actually an AF as it was so weird). Do these tests always show a feint second line? Or could it be that I'm gearing up to Ov? It's the first time using these tests so I'm a little confuddled.

It's a difficult one! If it were major changes, they'd have had you in for a colposcopy now. The fact that they're happy to take a "wait and see" approach is good news but very inconvenient. The chances are, if you waited 6 months, the next smear will be clear. I would be tempted to keep TTC, if nothing has happened in 6 months, repeat the smear etc. If you do fall pregnant, the repeat smear would only be a few months late anyway (they'd do a smear at the 6 week post delivery check).

Does anyone here use the clearblue digital Ov tests (smiley face)? I think I'm CD9 although my last AF was very very light - no fresh bleeding, just brown discharge. There's no chance I'm pregnant as hubby is only 8 days post VR. I took a CB smiley test this morning and although I didn't have a smiley face, there were two lines on the test stick (one strong control line, one feint test line). I'm still not 100% sure my AF was actually an AF as it was so weird). Do these tests always show a feint second line? Or could it be that I'm gearing up to Ov? It's the first time using these tests so I'm a little confuddled.

I've used those CB smiley face things. It does need to be a smile, there are usually 2 lines on the stick anyway no matter when it's done. As I understand it, Ov sticks usually do and it's the difference in darkness of the lines that matters (the test line must be darker than the control for a +). Anyway the whole thing about trying to interpret lines on digital tests is something warned about a lot :lol:

Have you seen this website https://www.peeonastick.com/

TONS of info about how tests work (Ov and pregnancy ones) etc. Really good site :thumbup:

xx

Thanks! That website had me entertained for AGES! It looks like there is supposed to be 2 lines on these tests. I may keep them throughout the week and see if the 2nd line gets stronger as/if Ov approaches. Obsessive? Me? Naaahhh!

I really am trying to resist becomming a pee on a stick addict, but it's so, well ... addictive lol.

looks like I got my first evap line last night...very very very tilt the test funny postitive..didnt get overly excited cause minutes before I was on the website reading reviews about there pg test and there was alot said about evap lines with these tests...but wow that could really mess with people that have never heard of evap lines before...anyhoo..af due tomorrow..I am 12 dpo..cycle day 27...had a bit of very light pink cm last night..thinking af is enroute...faaaaannntastic!! :/

Hmmmm - or pink CM may be implantation bleeding perhaps? FXd!!!!

Hi ladies! I am new here as my husband and I have an appointment on thursday to get a referral for a VR... I cant wait to get this process started! :happydance: Hubby is nervous though... was it painful for your husbands? How long was recovery?

oh i wish af would stay away but i am thinkin its highly unlikely...The tests definitely have evap lines on them...the one I did last night has one to..

Hey kiki..welcome...I havent heard this from many guys but my hubby said it was easier then the vasectomy...Hubby had surgery done on a wednesday and took the rest of the week and laid low in bed..and gently worked on monday..found it was a bit much and worked a half day tuesday..Gl with the process!!

Thanks! And I forgot to mention he just had his vasectomy in april :shrug: Technically he still has a sperm count :haha: But we lost baby #4 just weeks after the surgery so he is getting it reversed already :shrug:

awe sorry to hear that...hey there is tons of circumstances to why we do things..we have a 16 yr old and a 10 yr old and we are foster parents..We lost Identical girl twins in 1999 to twin to twin transfusion syndrome..so after our son my hubby made the appt to get his vasectomy..almost 10 yrs later here we are...My hubby just had his reversed april 13th so we just started ttc...look forward to hearing more from you..

Hi Kiki! Im really sorry about Hadlee. :(

Hubby had his VR last Monday. He's had quite a bit of swelling and bruising but that's basically gone now (8 days post op). The wound is about 1.5" and is still bleeding slightly but is looking fine. He was fine managing the pain on paracetamol and ibuprofen but doesn't need them now. Good luck! I'm sure your hubby will be fine.

awe sorry to hear that...hey there is tons of circumstances to why we do things..we have a 16 yr old and a 10 yr old and we are foster parents..We lost Identical girl twins in 1999 to twin to twin transfusion syndrome..so after our son my hubby made the appt to get his vasectomy..almost 10 yrs later here we are...My hubby just had his reversed april 13th so we just started ttc...look forward to hearing more from you..

((HUGS)). I'm sorry to hear of your girls nicoley! I lost fraternal twin boys, Callum and Kyle in 1995.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->