The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

So you are both very new to the group as well! Goodluck and I hope everyone sees their BFP very soon :hugs: And thank you for the warm welcome :flower:

my hubby did a day of the "good" drugs then was fine i Ibuprofen..my hubby had some bruising also and minimal swelling..he had a incision on both sides...

ChattyB- I had mentioned Callum to DH as a boys name when we we expecting Hadlee... I love the name :cloud9:

I am sorry for both of your losses though.. it was definately single handedly the.hardest.thing I have ever had to go through... :cry:

awe ty chattyb..we named our girls grace and hope..the tattoo i got to remember them is my avatar pic...i had the tattoo dude put there foot prints on as well i told him to make them a identical tracing of what i had...I lost them at 23 weeks!!

Oh thats precious!!!! What a sweet tattoo and I love love LOVE that they are identical to your babies teeny little footprints :hugs:

I love your tattoo! I lost Callum and Kyle at 22 weeks. It's a truly horrendous experience for anybody to go through :(

Twins run in my family (me, mum, grandma and great gran), both of my girls (16 and 8) started off as twins and I lost one, then there was Callum and Kyle, I also lost triplets at 8 weeks. I had no idea I was pregnant at the time and only discovered 2 days before starting to MC, I was breastfeeding my son at the time and he was 13 weeks old when I miscarried.

I'm actually praying that if I am lucky enough to get pregnant again .... There's only one in there!!

sorry to hear about your loses, :hugs: i cant imagine how it feels.

Welcome to the group kiki04, My DH had his VR in march we are currently waiting for the SA results such a nervous time. With regards to how he was after he was fine hardly took any pain relief after the first day and was wanting to resume :sex: after just a week!! My DH is a stonemason but self employed so he took 3 weeks off work.... couldnt have him carting heavy bricks and stone around, the only thing he was worried about was when he could have a bath we werent told at the hospital and there was so many different answers when searching the net, thats what i love about this thread.... if your not sure on anything just post it on here and the lovely ladies will try and help you, they have helped me out alot :thumbup:

cjones, I hope your results are through soon and that they're superman swimmers!!

We were told by Dr Harriss not to have baths or BD (in any shape or form) for two weeks. I'm sure others have mentioned that a little DIY (excuse the pun) was ok as soon as they felt up to it. Hubby being the eternal worrier is convinced that his Wee Man will turn gangerenous and drop off if he so much as looks at it the wrong way .... I'm hoping to be Ov within the next week so he'd bloody better get the wriggle on! There's only so much waiting an eager woman can handle!!!

Men can be so funny at times :haha:
We had Dr Lemberger he works at the same hospital as Dr Harriss, DH was told no :sex: for a week, i was a little worried about doing it that quick so i made him "DIY" for the first time and waited til 10 days to :sex:
DH said it felt like loads of built up pressure and after he did it himself it was alot better, he not used to going that long without it :haha:
DH didnt have a bath until about 3 weeks after....... think it was a classic case of he couldnt have one so wanted one.

OK I have a question for you ladies... since my OH just had his vasectomy in mid april.... is it possible I could get pg now, just 2 months later before his reversal? What were you told about post vasectomy??? If that could happen he may not need the reversal :shrug: But I am also very well aware IMO that it would be a loooong shot in the woods thats for sure :haha:

OK I have a question for you ladies... since my OH just had his vasectomy in mid april.... is it possible I could get pg now, just 2 months later before his reversal? What were you told about post vasectomy??? If that could happen he may not need the reversal :shrug: But I am also very well aware IMO that it would be a loooong shot in the woods thats for sure :haha:

It might be worth having a sperm analysis to see if there is residual sperm there, but If the vasectomy had been correctly done, it's unlikely IMO. I'd go for a VR, you'll probably find that his fertility hasn't been greatly affected by the vasectomy as it's only 2 months post op.

Good luck and babydust!!

Hi everyone
We got a letter from our consultant today...yay! Although he didn't breakdown the results he did say the vr was a success but non motile sperm were present. He also said that he was "cautiously pleased about the results". I thought non motile sperm were dead sperm but now thinking that they don't swim as they should? Please could anyone help? What are they?

Hi everyone
We got a letter from our consultant today...yay! Although he didn't breakdown the results he did say the vr was a success but non motile sperm were present. He also said that he was "cautiously pleased about the results". I thought non motile sperm were dead sperm but now thinking that they don't swim as they should? Please could anyone help? What are they?

Yeah non motile sperm are live but not swimming properly... but did he not say anything about motile ones? There's usually a mixture of both :) Supposedly it's expected to have a higher proportion of non motile soon post op and it improves over the year or so after... best of luck!

Hi everyone

Great news about the VR being a surgical success! There are certain supplements your OH could take to help with motility - Wellman Conception is one of them (I've already put my hubby on them). There are others but it's something I'll be looking into over the next few weeks. I'm sure the other girls on here could help you out with suggestions!

My "TTC" diet is off to a flying start (yay!!). I started the Celebrity Slim diet on Monday and when I weighed myself this morning, I'd lost 3lb (double yay!)
I'm a little paranoid about weight gain during pregnancy as in the past, no matter how careful I've been with food, my body seems to go;
"OMG! Must store fat! Lots of it! Just incase she has a whole litter at the start of a 30 year famine"

I'm already starting to hate milkshakes :nope:

Hi everyone

Thats great news hun my dh had 15% poor/non swimmers so dont let that get you down... are they sending you out a full report? Im sure every man even if not post vr has a few non/poor swimmers too x:thumbup:

Hi everyone

Great news about the VR being a surgical success! There are certain supplements your OH could take to help with motility - Wellman Conception is one of them (I've already put my hubby on them). There are others but it's something I'll be looking into over the next few weeks. I'm sure the other girls on here could help you out with suggestions!

My "TTC" diet is off to a flying start (yay!!). I started the Celebrity Slim diet on Monday and when I weighed myself this morning, I'd lost 3lb (double yay!)
I'm a little paranoid about weight gain during pregnancy as in the past, no matter how careful I've been with food, my body seems to go;
"OMG! Must store fat! Lots of it! Just incase she has a whole litter at the start of a 30 year famine"

I'm already starting to hate milkshakes :nope:

Well done great start on the weight loss! Shame the shakes are horrid though. How long do you plan to be on them?

Aye wellman conception seems to be the one to try :) I know some ladies on the TTC boards get their blokes on a whole concoction of different pills and potions for maximum effect, but in my experience (with my OH anyway :haha:) it's better to give him just one thing to remember to take, that way at least there's more chance of him actually doing it :rofl:

xx

Ok ladies we have just had our SA results, not really sure what it all means and Dr Lemberger is on holiday until Monday so we cant speak to him to ask, can any of you shed a little light for us.

Volume 1.5ml
Motility 32%
Morphology 4%
Sperm 15million per ml

Can anyone help us understand what it all means PLEASE

Ok ladies we have just had our SA results, not really sure what it all means and Dr Lemberger is on holiday until Monday so we cant speak to him to ask, can any of you shed a little light for us.

Volume 1.5ml
Motility 32%
Morphology 4%
Sperm 15million per ml

Hold on hon I'm just going to have a look at OH's result sheet to see if I can remember what the categories were in that, will post again in a min xx

Volume 1.5ml
Motility 32%
Morphology 4%
Sperm 15million per ml

Ok, from the figures I have:

1.5 ml volume is at the lower end of the normal scale which is 1.5-6.8ml

Motility of 32% is also lowish but still in the normal range, which is 32% to 100%

Morphology of 4% is the same too, 4% to 100% is the range given on our sheet

And 15 million per ml is lower end of normal too, range is 15-500 million per ml!

Looks like a decent SA to me! xx

Thank you for that, that has helped us understand it all a bit more now, we are currently googling ways to increase it all, no more mcdonalds for my DH :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->