The WTT Graduate Thread...

I've already got my carseat Sarah :blush: I've got a maxi cosi cabriofix in black reflection!
On another note, I know I've wanted the bugaboo chameleon since the day it came out but now they've gone and released the buffalo and now I'm in love!!!!
https://www.bugaboo.com/bugaboo-buffalo

I think that is the car-seat that came with the pushchair we had picked out. However it seems that they are no longer selling it as an offer deal.

That is a nice pushchair. The only bugaboo I don't like is the Bee. It looks like it has nice wheels too. Good wheels are high on my list when looking at pushchairs.

We are going to be predictable and get a Quinny Buzz. I like the fact it can be parent facing and I am 100% set on a 3 wheeler with decent wheels. I hated 3 wheelers before I had DS1 but I was converted. I will be part time baby-wearing too, as long as DS2 likes it more than DS1 did, so I won't be using the pushchair full time. I can't imagine using a pushchair and having a toddler when out without DH so a carrier is a must have this time.

Are any of you also planning on using cloth wipes?

I would get a Britax Babysafe SHRII with ISOFIX base if we were to get an infant carrier, but I think with my car it would be a waste of money as it would just stay fixed in the car 99% of the time.

For pushchair, I want the Babystyle Oyster ideally, but may end up with something like the Mamas and Papas Zoom, depending on budget. I want to baby wear a fair bit and right now I like the look of the close caboo carrier to start with, looks like it will be fine with newborn and for the first few months, then if I get on well with wearing, I will get a mei tai. My back isn't great since my crash though so I may have to give it up when baby gets bigger.

I definitely have too much time on my hands for having decided all this with no TTC date....

Mamas and Papas do great low budget pushchairs. We had a one of the old 3 wheeler Luna Mix's and it was amazing, especially at the price.

I plan on starting out with a close caboo carrier too. It looks easy to use and I am a bit useless with carriers so that seems like an idea compromise with ease to use and yet stretchy for comfort. I have a basic mei tai but I might move onto a babyhawk. I also have a bad back, well a bad hip which give me back problems, so won't be carrying a giant toddler either.

Maybe the planning is keeping you sane?

I'm not planning on baby wearing to be honest, I may get a sling for OH as he said he'd like one but I'm just not that keen on them plus I suffer with frozen shoulder a lot and have lower back probs, aswell as a bad knee so I wouldn't want to cause myself to hurt myself further!
I've been put off mamas and papas prams since 2 of my friends both had prams from them and both had severe problems with them and the stores just brushed off responsibility (one had the sola and the chair kept flipping over which was dangerous and the other had the ultima and the handlebar came off at a crossing which could have been fatal!!!!!) so I've got no time for mamas and papas at all!!!

I've considered cloth wipes Omi X

Wow that sounds terrible. We loved our Luna. I am very against Hauck as a brand and would never buy one again or recommend them.

I am thinking of getting 30-40 of the Ikea wash cloths as wipes. I have read on the natural parenting forum they are a good size and good value. I will still have huggies wipes in my bag anyway in case of a very big mess though. I guess if your cleaning cloth nappies the wipes won't make much difference.

That's what I thought, you're already washing nappies so why not :shrug: I saw the ikea wash cloths when I was in there the other day, I wasn't too fussed on them though... They felt a little rough IMO! I think I'd personally go for fleecy ones :) x

I will cloth wipe for the most part. But probably not for the changing bag.
Is anyone thinking of using flushable liners once weaned? I'm not sure yet, might do for daddy and grandparent babysitting but fleece or non for myself.

The advantage of the Oyster for me is it fits in my car boot even with the wheels on, most pushchairs don't, including the Zoom. It will just depend on budget, and what's around when we have our baby.

I think the planning helps most of the time. Sometimes it makes it worse, but I'm not sure how else to deal with it, so if it works, why not :)

Also Cake Cottage, your chart looks good, fingers crossed for you!

Thanks Sarah but I think AF is on her way, I've had spotting today so :-( x

Oh no :( every month I cross my fingers for you and wellsk, you guys so deserve your BFPs x

I will use cloth liners once weaned. I don't like the material of the disposable ones. Plus if there they are not 100% solid poops they just sink right through the disposable ones.

I'v not actually felt the Ikea ones yet. I'll have to see what they are like when I am next in there.

I have my FX for you both too.

Thanks you two... My temps are still high which is so bizzare, I'm only having pink smearing too :-/ if anything I've got to 12dpo which is a record! X

Are you really sure you are out? Spotting in early pregnancy is normal and am not an expert but shouldn't your temp have dropped?

That's why I'm so confused, I tested a few days ago and it was neg and I don't really want to buy a test again just yet! This cycle has been thrown out a bit as I had Gastro at the start of it so I ovulated later than normal... Technically I usually only have 28-30 day cycles and this one has been 33 so far...
I ovulated on cd 19 according to FF and I usually only have a 10 day LP... X

When will you retest if things carry on like this?

I have my FX that you get a BFP and this is just early bleeding.

Thanks hun, I'm trying to not get my hopes up and I'm expecting AF to arrive any minute! X

Hoping it could be it for you Rach! Although it's good to try and not get your hopes up (although that's difficult I know), as it's always so disappointing when it doesn't work out.
I have everything crossed for you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->