• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

thoughts on organic clothing?

thelittleman

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Our little man recently celebrated his 2nd birthday, and he received an organic t-shirt from relatives in the US.

I havent really paid much attention to organic vs non-organic clothing - but the t-shirt he got was stunning. I must admit that I loved the design, but the t-shirt is so soft that I now want to buy one for myself!

So I've started looking at organic clothing now for the whole family as it seems to have a lot of benefits.

Some brands that we already have do organic ranges, and the place we got the first one from nooshie, and places like organicbabe to see a whole range of brands.

So what is everyone elses take on organics? And what are the best places and brands to get?

By the way, ours came with in a gift box all wrapped up with a card - so we were very happy!

It's surprising so little about organic clothing discussed on the threads here ! I am going organic for getting newborn baby clothes because I don't like conventional cotton and have read a lot about GMOs to avoid this nasty stuff. By the way, did you all know that most of the cotton grown and sold these days is hardly BIO or ORGANIC ? I do read labels, and try to find good bargains at local shops.

after i took part in a study showing non-organic cotton causes us alot of harm and kills the farmers producing it i decided organic only for this baby but going to be expensive i think.

I don't think all organic clothing is of good quality; I fell for the whole organic=good quality myth with my second youngest, and bought his entire first wardrobe from Green baby, the quality was extremely poor-both fabrics and stitching and on many of the babygros the poppers ripped right out of the fabric after one or two uses. I never bought anything organic after that xx

personally i am not looking at is as good or better quality but something that wont harm my children. as i have recently did a study and much research and report of non-organic cotton and i am scared useless now because the chemicals plus non-organic cotton is killing the farms who make it :(

It's a load of rubbish. I can't be arsed dragging up the research i done to come to that conclusion though. It IS there, if people want to look for it.

there are lots of nonorganic clothing that is better priced and it is ultra safe. what makes organic clothing safer for children simply by being organic? arent there more factors involved?

no organic clothing actually have less chemicals used in them...

there is a DVD called 100% cotton - india it really shines light on what our cotton (non-organic) goes through and how so many shops use slave labour to get the cotton killing millions of farms using pesicides to make the cotton they grow to live off of which they get buttons for from our big companies such as asda, tesco, next, h&m etc they are almost all at it.

the cotton plants are sprayed daily with pesticides which don't kill the pests just kill the farmers and stay on the cotton, then the cotton is picked and sold off at markets to dealers, those dealers then send it to factories to be bleched with yet more deadly chemicals which kill the works and end up on our clothes, these pesticides and chemicals can not be washed out they are there forever, they then get sent to the workers to cut dye and make into clothing which ends up on us still full of these chemicals which are very harmful, although its not enough to kill us like it does the works who make/produce the items or cotton it does effect us greatly:

https://www.naturalnews.com/022803.html

also they are linking cotton in mattresses and such to SIDS there are number of things that can be caused by these the most common seen is allergries and irriation or hormonal defects etc.

Organic clothing must be the way forward, read the latest articles regarding Bamboo.

*unsuscribes* as this is a flipping stupid thread.

little rude not sure anyones views or science should be said to be "flipping stupid" when there is research behind it should people be allowed to have views on that they feel is right?

Just google lil-ones. Its a small uk based company that only sells organic baby clothes. the clothes are also manufactured in the uk too!

I liked the name so i adopted it as my username :coolio:

My kids have never worn organic clothing and are healthy with no skin or breathing problems. Our school recently started providing fair trade organic polo shirts which are nice enough but personally I don't really notice the difference.
If y have the money and desire organic clothes, good for it but I wold rather save my money and spend it on organic food for making baby food further down the line. ( although I don't eat organic)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->