Times when you've had to bite your tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg sbl! Stupid man, hope your sister is ok :hugs:

I have an actual rant to add. My back garden pretty much backs onto the park and while I was getting the washing in heard a mother telling her kid to 'shut the fuck up you little prick' and 'Im gonna smash your head in if you dont pack it in'. Took so much for me not to tell her that if she doesnt stop talking to her innocent child like that I'LL smash her head in :growlmad:

oh jeez. that is awful. and to think I felt terrible for telling my LO to shut up and go to sleep, under my breath! I would never call her names like that or threaten to beat her!

Oh's parents live in Swadlincote! We used to go up regularly but since we got our own place we don't go so much anymore. Lovely place!

Are you sure your talking about the right Swadlincote :rofl: I want to move back to Ashby but the house prices are ridiculous for the sake of a few miles *sigh*

:haha: well where the inlaws live its nice! Their house backs onto a huge lake and they have a hot tub in the garden so that probably has serving to do with it:blush:

I think I know where you mean lol! I walk the dog round that lake if it is :haha: It's more the town itself that's a bit... erm... dodgey :rofl: Where I live is fine, but I'm pretty close to some rather unsavoury parts :blush:

She asked if I was going back to work and when I said no, she gave me this LOOK, like I was wrong for wanting to be a SAHM

SAME thing happened to me today. Mil asked what I was doing about work and when I said I wasn't going back she paused and then said "are you sure?" Erm yes I'm bloody sure! She then asked what I was going to do and oh chimed in and said "look after LO". I could tell she wasn't impressed with the idea though. Couldn't care less tbh, they're always trying to project their ideas of how to live onto us instead of just letting us get on with it. I think it's because we're a 'young couple' who aren't capable of making our own decisions.

After they left I told oh I didn't think his mum was impressed with me not going back to work and he just said that he didn't care and its my choice. Too right! I hate when people ask of I'm going back work because I feel like I instantly get judged when I tell them I'm not going back. Being a sahm is so taboo these days.

I had to bite my tongue when I was pregnant and my friend recommended that as long as LO was clean and fed that I leave her to cry from birth so she didn't "get used" to me responding to get every cry (god forbid!). I just smiled and nodded whilst thinking "errrr.. NO THANKS".

that is abuse. I did let my baby cry it out but at 5 months and when I SAW and FELT he was ready for it. And he was ready for it. He didn't really cry, he fussed 10 min and slept like an aangel. But cry it out for a newborn? Oh my God... That is abuse. Imagine that baby had been in the mothers womb for 9 months and suddenly is left alone in the dark. poor thing. I wish I could bring all those helpless babies home, but unfortunately this is something impossible :-(

Oh's parents live in Swadlincote! We used to go up regularly but since we got our own place we don't go so much anymore. Lovely place!

Are you sure your talking about the right Swadlincote :rofl: I want to move back to Ashby but the house prices are ridiculous for the sake of a few miles *sigh*

:haha: well where the inlaws live its nice! Their house backs onto a huge lake and they have a hot tub in the garden so that probably has serving to do with it:blush:

I think I know where you mean lol! I walk the dog round that lake if it is :haha: It's more the town itself that's a bit... erm... dodgey :rofl: Where I live is fine, but I'm pretty close to some rather unsavoury parts :blush:

"Swadlincote" and "lovely". Two words you don't see in the same sentence very often. But as I am from Burton I can't really talk.

I have an actual rant to add. My back garden pretty much backs onto the park and while I was getting the washing in heard a mother telling her kid to 'shut the fuck up you little prick' and 'Im gonna smash your head in if you dont pack it in'. Took so much for me not to tell her that if she doesnt stop talking to her innocent child like that I'LL smash her head in :growlmad:

I saw a woman tell her daughter 'just stop being a stupid little bitch and shut the fuck up' the poor girl was about 5 or 6 :growlmad: people like that drive me nuts

Whenever i saw a child in a buggy i used to always think 'surely they're big enough to be walking now?!' but seriously, my girl is 20 months now and she is HUGE in her buggy! looks like a 4 year old she is so tall and slim! We are now letting her walk a lot more, especially on the pavement beside us although i havent plucked up the courage to adventure to town with her walking, as im terrified she'll get run over with the busy roads! so we always take the buggy just in case xx

meh, put her on a leash!

"Swadlincote" and "lovely". Two words you don't see in the same sentence very often. But as I am from Burton I can't really talk.

Haha! I was in Burton yesterday, making the most of the bridge being open again! Do you ever go to the Derby meets? I was gonna go to the next one :thumbup:

I saw a woman tell her daughter 'just stop being a stupid little bitch and shut the fuck up' the poor girl was about 5 or 6 :growlmad: people like that drive me nuts

Grr, I understand its frustrating but to say that is stupid! And that's what they say in public, imagine what they say at home :nope:

Whenever i saw a child in a buggy i used to always think 'surely they're big enough to be walking now?!' but seriously, my girl is 20 months now and she is HUGE in her buggy! looks like a 4 year old she is so tall and slim! We are now letting her walk a lot more, especially on the pavement beside us although i havent plucked up the courage to adventure to town with her walking, as im terrified she'll get run over with the busy roads! so we always take the buggy just in case xx

meh, put her on a leash!

Good time at Church? Did you pray for all our parenting fails :haha:

I really hate the whole " she/he needs to get used to being away from you!"
Why, so she feels like I've abandoned her..?

I get this too! When I leave my daughter at daycare, she gets upset (she's fine after I leave, but the process is upsetting to her). I usually sit on the floor with her and we cuddle/play for a bit. Another mom always says, "She has to learn sometime". What does she have to learn?! That she will be left abruptly?! Such an odd thing to say.

My baby has a meltdown when I drop her off at church nursery. I've gotten to the point where I just stay with her. They're like, "she's got to learn sometime". I want to say, "well, you've got to learn sometime that she'll cry until she makes herself sick because she's so upset, so why don't you let me make the decisions?"

So I tried leaving her at church nursery and guess what? They paged me after not even ten minutes. I thought maybe they were going to "help her learn", but I guess they couldn't handle it :shrug:

meh, put her on a leash!

Good time at Church? Did you pray for all our parenting fails :haha:

Sorry, I forgot :blush:

I was too busy taking care of my baby because the nursery volunteers couldn't manage to do it lol

honest question: why at Christian churches do they have nursery for the babies, my parents were Catholic, any time I went to a mass or even a funeral they just had the whole family in there, the babies didn't have to go somewhere else. just wondering

I know at our church it's so the parents can enjoy their time there. Plus it's good socialization for LO's. they have fun activities and story times for the toddlers. Our church put in a BF room for moms to go feed babies if they liked, has a big screen tv that shows the service so you still know what's happening. It's nice :)

When I got a little older as a kid ( about 6 ) I stayed in the services with my parents

Haha! I was in Burton yesterday, making the most of the bridge being open again! Do you ever go to the Derby meets? I was gonna go to the next one :thumbup:

No because I live in Leeds now or I would go. I always think about trying to visit my family to coincide though.

I have heard about these bridge roadworks via a million and one angry facebook statuses of my school friends though!!

honest question: why at Christian churches do they have nursery for the babies, my parents were Catholic, any time I went to a mass or even a funeral they just had the whole family in there, the babies didn't have to go somewhere else. just wondering

Some babies stay in service, but those are usually the ones being bribed with Cheerios to keep them quiet lol. Lane has always been too active to stay in there, so I take her where she can play and hang out.

No because I live in Leeds now or I would go. I always think about trying to visit my family to coincide though.

I have heard about these bridge roadworks via a million and one angry facebook statuses of my school friends though!!

Shame, I'm always up for making Mummy friends! The roadworks have been so bad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"