Times when you've had to bite your tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a word for phlegm, but we don't use it to describe a runny nose. That's all I'll say out of respect for people who may want to eat in the near future.

I think Kate looks great with some weight on her. Her face has filled out some and it really flatters her.

You call it roadworks; we call it construction.

Aussies call it roadworks too

Are people in Britain really excited about the impending birth? Or are you more like, eh?

Do you at least get a bank holiday out of it?

I'm excited about Kate having a bub. But that's just me being clucky, nothing to do with the royalty thing.

People from liverpool are called scousers :shrug:

Apparently people call us leicester folk 'chissits' :dohh:

Lol where do they come up with this!

No idea about the scouser part (apart from my love of the accent, its sexy :blush:)

People from Leicester seem to say 'owmuchissit' for 'How much is it' and that's where they got the name from. Someone from Blackpool told me this so dunno how true it is :haha:
scouser comes from lobscouse a seafarers meal(corned beef beet roots gherkins egg, and scouser is short from lobscouse (similar to limeys(brits) and krauts(germans))(vitamin C sources of seafarers)

I'm biting my tongue at a photo on fb of a baby in a carseat and the straps are so slack! What bloody good is that? I didnt hold my tongue at my friend who did this though when I was with her :haha:

Ahhh I feel really mean saying it, but the breastfeeding thing... I have to bite my tongue sometimes too.

I have had a few friends say to me (along the lines of) "oh wow, that's amazing you still have a good supply - I dried up at 4 months" even though I'm almost certain they didn't "dry up", they just assumed at the time that because baby wanted to feed more often than once every four hours (growth spurt!) and their boobs didn't feel as full anymore (completely normal!) that their milk was drying up. Either that or their supply was severely affected by the scheduled four hourly feeding times. I have to bite my tongue as I don't like to go down the route of telling them what they probably should have done... it's just not my place. I just find it a real shame that there is not enough information out there to support breastfeeding mothers, with proper education on the matter circumstances like theirs could have been completely avoided!

Are people in Britain really excited about the impending birth? Or are you more like, eh?

Do you at least get a bank holiday out of it?

I am quite excited, but I am a bit of a royalist. I also like KM.

Plus its a baby, who can't be happy about a baby?

I think most people are bit more eh, about it. However we were like that about their wedding, the Queen's jubilee and the olympics but when it comes to it royal wedding/jubilee/olympic fever hit the country, so no doubt this will be the same. We are just too cool to get excited in the lead up :winkwink:

As for a bank holiday, there has been no mention of it. Boooo.

Had to bite my tongue a few times today at the bootsale I have just been to. The amount of ancient car seats obviously been sitting in lofts for years that should be binned. Why do people try and sell them? X

Had to bite my tongue a few times today at the bootsale I have just been to. The amount of ancient car seats obviously been sitting in lofts for years that should be binned. Why do people try and sell them? X

My Mum told me to sell mine or give it to my foster daughter! I politely told her no way in hell, cut the straps off n sent it to the tip :haha: It's never been in an accident and is only 9 months old so I *could* of sold it or given it to Hannah but I'd never forgive myself if it had unseen damage and I let someone else put a newborn in it :nope:

I'm biting my tongue at a photo on fb of a baby in a carseat and the straps are so slack! What bloody good is that? I didnt hold my tongue at my friend who did this though when I was with her :haha:

Was that my fb photo? Cuz there's been once or twice I'll go to get her out of the car at Safeway and I'm like, ooooops. :blush:

Was that my fb photo? Cuz there's been once or twice I'll go to get her out of the car at Safeway and I'm like, ooooops. :blush:

You made a parenting fail :o for shame :nope:

We should pray for her :winkwink:

(hope that's not going too far, Robinator?)

At least I never put her bumbo on the counter :shrug:

Oh, wait....

Dammit. Fail.

:haha:

I'm off for a picnic in the sunshine! And to judge other parents harshly for ridiculous things :growlmad: Seeya later ladies!

Pray for me that I'll be able to eat breakfast this morning without having a single thought of lung butter.

I'm off for a picnic in the sunshine! And to judge other parents harshly for ridiculous things :growlmad: Seeya later ladies!

Maybe you'll see me at the lake! I'll be the one with the LO in the water with no water wings!

DON'T FORGET SUN PROTECTION - lest you be judged.

Screw it, I judge you for leaving the house. How dare you expose your LO to pollution and air. What if you get hit by a pelican? I can't believe you're taking that risk.

Strap your LO in nice and tight. I expect circulation to be cut off... or else.

Pray for me that I'll be able to eat breakfast this morning without having a single thought of lung butter.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn... lung butter

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn... lung butter

:sick: If my gag reflex kicks in and I can't eat, it'll be all your fault. And Randianne's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"