To Train Up A Child - your thoughts? WARNING - may be upsetting to read

I always thought that the legal limit was a big fat 0 Just as it should be!

im scared by the image of someone having plumbers supply line round their neck ready to strike when a child does something wrong.

just plain creepy. how on earth does this book exist?

:grr:
there was me thinking god taught love and compassion !!
its abuse plain and simple :cry:

It's things like this that make me so glad I'm athiest!

I cried reading this review!!
"This is the most sinister, evil book I've ever read in my life. Someone told me about this book and all the child abuse it recommended; I couldn't believe it and read it for myself; it literally made me sick to my stomach.

Throughout the book, the Pearls recommend whipping BABIES and TODDLERS with actual whips on their BARE SKIN!! On page 47 they recommend their various whips, including "a belt or larger tree branch"!!! The book has examples of a 4 month old infant, a 7 month old, a 12 month old, a 15 month old being WHIPPED! According to the Pearls, ALL babies should be whipped into complete submission and for "every transgression!" This is insanity.

On page 80 they recommend giving a child having a tantrum "a swift *forceful* spanking" and to whip them until they stop screaming from the torture! They say to continue whipping until their crying turns into a "wounded, submissive whimper." And if the tiny child does obey before being whipped, to WHIP THEM ANYWAY! And "if you have to sit on him to spank him, then do not hesitate!"

The Pearls say to hit a toddler who cries for his mother, to whip an infant for screaming, to whip babies who cannot sleep and are crying and to not allow them to get up! And when they cry and scream while being whipped, they say not to let that bother you or "cause you to lighten up on the intensity or duration of the spanking!!"

They describe whipping a 3 year old until he is "totally broken" on page 59, and on page 65 Debi Pearl whips a 15 month old she is babysitting *10 SEPARATE TIMES* for not obeying her "command" to play with a toy!!

The Pearls also recommend ignoring an infant's bumped head when he *falls to the floor* and ignoring skinned knees. They say "if your child is roughed-up by peers, rejoice!!" They recommend pulling a nursing infant's hair on page 7, tripping a non-swimming toddler so she falls into deep water on page 67 and to make children GO HUNGRY if they don't like what is being served for dinner. They even say children who lose their shoes should "go without until they (the children) can make the money to buy more." And they encourage toddlers to touch hot stoves!!!

People taking the Pearl's advice seriously have been investigated by Child Protective Services, have had their children taken away, have had restraining orders issued on them to keep them away from their children, and a babysitter using the Pearl "techniques" has gone to jail for it!!!"

At what point does your belief in a god, and desire to abide to their will, overcome your natural NEED as a mother to protect your child from any kind of harm?? Whipping a 4 month old? WHAT THE FECK!!! Fin's 4 months old... how could anyone want to cause harm to something so small, so wonderful, so innocent? :( Entising a child to a flame so they'll burn themselves and never do it again? So wrong on so many levels. I feel sick. So very very sick :(

xx

For every belief system you will get fundementalists who take things to the extreme and out of context completely. I won't allow nutcases like this to put me off my belief in God. God gives us the freedom to choose and does not control us therefore I give my kids freedom and don't atempt to control them by fear like this guy advocates. What he believes sounds like pure evil to me.

I'm disgusted... The exact reason why I stay away from anything religious. :nope:

Have only read the OP, and OMG I'm speechless!!! That is totally horiffic.

Really fucking scares me when people's faith overrides their instinct as a mother :wacko:

I hope that a colony of giants find this guy and push him into a lake and beat him.

Can't actually believe what I'm reading! Who in their right minds, seriously!?!?!

:rofl: the funniest part is (I read somewhere but can't find it now) ALL the Pearls children are estranged from them. Thats a good advertisment for this crock of shite

Nothing to do with religion, these people are just twisted extremists that you would find in every walk of life.

Its people like this who give 'religion' a bad name. These people are just idiots and want to be controversial!

:cry: this is awful

I know this bloke is obviously a very extreme case but it saddens me to learn that there are really children out there that are being brought up in this way :nope:

heart breaking :cry: xx

Sounds like child abuse!! I thought most religions tell us to be merciful to our children!!

Wtf?! That is disgusting!

EDIT- Reading through all the post has made me want to pick up my LO and give him a BIG FAT cuddle, how anybody could hurt a baby/toddler/kid etc is beyond me.

I don't think this will turn into a debate. I don't think there is one single person on babyclub who will say they agree with that!
That's vulgar!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->