To Train Up A Child - your thoughts? WARNING - may be upsetting to read

cuckoo cuckoo

I need to edit after reading further.... honestly, gobsmacked.
How can anyone bring up children this way? Since when do you live your life by a book or even twisted 'bible' readings???
They are children - you cannot train them by a book, they do not come with an instruction manual.
I hate all this brainwash crap and no offence to our fellow neighbours over the pond but why are all these twisted cult things so popular in the States???
Why is nothing ever done about it until it is too late?
Grrrr.

How horrid. This makes me sick to my stomach. I can't believe a book like this would be published. Poor babies :cry:

Ok, surely this book cant actually be legal? He is abusing his children and telling others how to do it too?!! Why is he allowed to walk free? I am shaking right now, I cant believe people would treat their children like this??

I'm an atheist an not a supporter of any religion, but this is VERY extreme. I will stick up for Christians and say this is NOT how all Christians believe a child should be brought up! I think it's safe to say, the majority of Christians would say this is child abuse and goes against God.

I know Christian parents and I can easily say none of them have beaten their children until they're whimpering wrecks!

I think it's very wrong that the authors of this book are claiming it's God's way of raising children. From reading the quotes people have written, this would go against every natural instinct of being a parent!

With every inch of my being, I hope the authors don't have children.

Not even I can justify seeing both sides of this one.

I am not against the odd smack where and if needed but reading this made me want to cry just at the thought of it.

As a rule, do not use your hand. Hands are for loving and helping. If an adult swings his or her hand fast enough to cause pain to the surface of the skin, there is a danger of damaging bones and joints. The most painful nerves are just under the surface of the skin. A swift swat with a light, flexible instrument will sting without bruising or causing internal damage. Many people are using a section of ¼ inch plumber's supply line as a spanking instrument. It will fit in your purse or hang around you neck. You can buy them for under $1.00 at Home Depot or any hardware store. They come cheaper by the dozen and can be widely distributed in every room and vehicle. Just the high profile of their accessibility keeps the kids in line. (quotes from online https://www.nogreaterjoy.org/articles...sement-part-2/

Horrible! and so sad :cry: some people will actually be following this! :nope:

after posting this last night, i couldnt get the parts i quoted ut of my head, i cried for a good hour straight just thinking about the children who are being abused because of this book.

i have no idea how to get it removed from shelves, and even if it is, theres people who already bought the book and are following its word.

Im not Christian and by no way do i advocate what this books basic ethos is, but im sure 99% of Christians would completely disagree with this.

Its awful and they should be stopped from tarnishing a faith like this and spreading this clap-trap!

Any sane person would just ignore this rubbish.

:nope:

I can't believe why anyone would think God wants adults to treat their children like that. It's disgusting, they don't deserve children.

Yeah I AM a catholic christian and I reaaallly hope nobody thinks we're all like this after reading this!!! We're not at all--I think this is SICK. :cry:

after posting this last night, i couldnt get the parts i quoted ut of my head, i cried for a good hour straight just thinking about the children who are being abused because of this book.

i have no idea how to get it removed from shelves, and even if it is, theres people who already bought the book and are following its word.

Unfortunatly the (few) people who agree with the book would enforce this style of parenting onto their children regardless of owning and following what the book suggests anyway :hugs: It really is very sad :cry:

Unfortunatly the (few) people who agree with the book would enforce this style of parenting onto their children regardless of owning and following what the book suggests anyway :hugs: It really is very sad :cry:

:hugs:

Yeah I AM a catholic christian and I reaaallly hope nobody thinks we're all like this after reading this!!! We're not at all--I think this is SICK. :cry:

i think for the majority of people, who know about this book, dont believe this is what Christians are all like. There probably are a few, but honestly the amount of those few are so little.

If anything i would say these people are more connected to the Devil then God.

Only ignorant, shallow minded people would think all christians are like this after reading the book. The same ignorant, shallow minded people who think all muslims are terrorists just because of a twisted minority xx

Only ignorant, shallow minded people would think all christians are like this after reading the book. The same ignorant, shallow minded people who think all muslims are terrorists just because of a twisted minority xx

Totally agree!

Hot stove? Heat up the stove till it's hot to the touch; open the door to get them attracted to the flames. As they run to the door to grab it say "Hot!" and the kid winds up learning in one try that it is hot. Pond out back? Walk the kid over to the pond and stay behind them as they lean over it and let them fall in. With one child, he actually had to nudge the kid in.

The above quote is shocking!!!!! Er not too fecking dangerous then - who in their right mind would do this!! "get them atreacted to the flames" - yeah course, do this then tell them no! not too confusing for the child is it?!!! Honestly!!!!!!! All u need to do is to tell them not to go near the damn oven or pond surely!!!!!

The rest of it sound smore like this guy (whoever he is) is trying to train a dog not a feckin' child!!!!

Child cruelty pure and simple!!!grrr!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->