Today I heard the name _________ & think it's __________.

Today i heard the name Zion, makes me think of Lions lol

I know of someone called Ziona.

This week I have come across the following names of young children: Ziggy, Flora, Elsa, Percival, Delight.

Do you know if Ziggy and Delight were nicknames? They're pretty "imaginative" first names! Poor kids. :haha:

Do you know if Ziggy and Delight were nicknames? They're pretty "imaginative" first names! Poor kids. :haha:

Delight is definitely her real name. Ziggy I'm not sure, it was written with his surname on his peg so I assume it's real. We have quite a large African community where we live so it's actually pretty common to see "descriptive" names like Patience, Precious, Happiness, Lucky etc (I could go on). Which is why I always think it's strange when I see people on here who are surprised about the names Precious and Patience: for me these are actually pretty common names in London! I though Delight was a bit more unusual as I haven't seen it before. Having said that I know someone who is Italian who has a LO called Diletta in her family, which is Italian for Delight.

Oh wow! Ziggy is a bit 'out there' but I do love Precious and Patience. I think they're lovely names, can't see why people don't like them!

Today I heard the name Kairn (it was Kairn Stone running the London Marathon from the UK) and I thought it was unusual, I'd never heard it before, but I really like it.

today ( tell a lie it was the other week ) i heard the name BOB....... i checked it wasn't short for any thing and it wasn't........

i also heard the name diamond........... i wondered if the parents shoulda kept the name for a dog not a baby ( no offence to any diamonds out there, its just not my taste )

Today i heard the name Roman at first i thought :dohh: but after a while i started to like it :blush:

Today (well recently) I heard the name Silver and thought what on earth was that mother thinking, poor little girl

Yesterday I heard the name Ja, and thought "Jar? thet's a bit mental!" but I think it was Ja, but then I thought it was the Jamaican word for God, isn't it? So a bit blasphemous maybe! It was a wee boy of 3 and he had baby-dreadlocks already, funny. Each to their own.

I had to add to this thread. I've never been in the baby names room before because I haven't even gotten that far in my thinking.
The name was: A-A
And it was pronounced "A-dash-A"
I wasn't a fan.

oops, didnt mean to post here.. thought the entire thread/ posts were a page long.. and this 'comment' was meant to go after the last one on the first page :dohh:

x

The name was: A-A
And it was pronounced "A-dash-A"
I wasn't a fan.

wow. i mean - wow. :dohh:

I heard the names EDMUND and EDWIN recently, and i thought, i really like them, but my husband doesn't b/c his middle name is Edward. :shrug:

I have a co-worker named "Light" Its a bit different not a fan, but its perfect for him (he is also foreign)

I heard the name Auxilia today and thought it was pretty but I wouldn't use it personally :)

Years ago I read the name Zessiper. Don't think I'd ever use it, but I've always thought it was pretty.

In the past year I've come across.......

LLogan - boy
Bleau (pronounce blue) - boy
Zeke - boy
Pebbles - girl
Kasbar - boy
Tiger - boy
Koby - boy
Angel - girl (and she really isn't angelic at all!)
Hunta - boy

I do wonder whether people consider the children when giving them 'unusual' names or when they adapt the spellings of names? The lifetime of being teased over their names as well as having to spell them out could be avoided! (Trust me, I have a very unusual surname that no-one can pronounce, let alone spell!)

The other day I heard the name Loveday and thought whattt!!!

The lady was in her 50's so reckon her parents may have been free-love hippies, lol :)

In the past year I've come across.......

LLogan - boy
Bleau (pronounce blue) - boy
Zeke - boy
Pebbles - girl
Kasbar - boy
Tiger - boy
Koby - boy
Angel - girl (and she really isn't angelic at all!)
Hunta - boy

I do wonder whether people consider the children when giving them 'unusual' names or when they adapt the spellings of names? The lifetime of being teased over their names as well as having to spell them out could be avoided! (Trust me, I have a very unusual surname that no-one can pronounce, let alone spell

I wouldn't consider Zeke that unusual its usually a nn for Ezekiel which is biblical and has good meaning to it :) all the other yea they are off :wacko: and I know a few people called Angel none of which hold up to their name lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->