TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

unicorn!!! welcome! so sorry to see you here :hugs: I feel like I've seen you on other threads before, but if not, nice to meet you! and so sorry for your loss :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

les - yayyyyyyyyy AF!!!!!! sounds like you are right back on track and that next bfp will be here in no time :hugs:

I had my HSG performed last week and my follow up today. everything looks great but still no baby :shrug: my DH will do an SA next week and I booked my first RE appt for the 22. here's hoping.

Hi bee, I thought I recognised you too! I hope all goes well with your DHs test. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for you. It sounds like you've got a doc that is going to try and help you though, I really hope you get some (good) answers soon. X

Glad things are moving forward for you bee. Does that mean no chance that there was scarring from the ectopic? That's good right?

well it at least means that even if there is scarring, it's not preventing sperm from getting through since the dye made it through! which is totally good news but also a little tough to hear because now it's like, why is is not happening?! grrr. looking forward to my upcoming appt though! :happydance:

Ah I know it must be hard not knowing! Hoping (if it doesn't happen naturally) that these next few tests give you an answer with an easy fix!

So I've started temping again (am I mad?!) I just wanted to see if they were back in a normal range and it's looking good so far. Probably at the top end of my pre o temps but nowhere near post o, so I'm feeling pretty good about those. I'm also having little twingy cramps that I used to have around this time (I'm thinking I'm cd7 if the ERPC is cd1) Did anyone manage to detect ov straight after a loss just by using bbt? I'm not sure if I'm being ambitious with this cycle!

The hospital called me today to check everything was ok. I spoke with the lady who did my scans about TTC again (don't think I'll ever forget her voice, or face!) She said there was no medical reason to wait. Just if we did wait until after af there would be less confusion dating-wise. I don't think we will actively try, I doubt I'll ov at the same time and I'm not doing opks this cycle. Good to know that we can dtd if we want to though.

thanks les. I'm not sure how I feel about things - I'm so up and down. but at the moment I'm feeling glad that there is nothing wrong thus far and even a little hopeful :shrug:

unicorn - I know exactly what you mean. I will never forget my ultrasound tech! I actually credit her the most with saving me. Even though cervical pregnancies are so, so rare, she had the wherewithal to look for the baby in my cervix and find it! I got teary eyed last time I saw her at the office. as for O'ing post loss, I've heard such mixed stories. I had never charted before or during my pregnancy, so I wasn't yet charting after my D and C. But I feel pretty confident that I O'ed 17 days after my D and C due to my O pain and CM. I also hear of many women that get pregnant before they even get another period so it def must be possible, if not common, for women to O not long after a loss.... sending you hugs and hoping you are finding some peace. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks bee, I'm feeling ok - ish. Ups and downs. I was reading some of your journal, my gosh, you must have been terrified! Thank god that ultrasound tech had enough wits about them to have a little look around. It must be very frustrating for you both now. I know nothing about fertility testing but it surprises me that they don't test men earlier. I mean it's a fairly easy test right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you've had months of tests and all clear but your DH hasn't been tested yet? Hopefully all will be great with him but how come they don't rule that out earlier on?

I spoke with DH about trying again and we won't be this cycle. Which is fine, I think I'd prefer not too. I was hoping we might get back to dtd in a couple of weeks though. I don't want it to become something we're nervous of, does that sound silly?! Maybe if we know it's after o we'll feel better about it? Knowing that it won't lead to anything - it feels so strange saying that, when really what we want is the opposite. Argh such a confusing time! But DH is still struggling a bit and can't face trying again just yet, guess it's still early days.

Still early days for sure MrsU :hugs:

My fertile window starts tomorrow, and as I wrote in my journal, I cry when I think about it. I feel ready, but getting back to trying doesn't feel the same at all. There's still a sadness deep in my soul. I think it will feel better as we go though. There's gotta be some hope in there somewhere to warm things back up again.

My temps are doing some strange things, but the last two days I probably didn't have 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep beforehand. I haven't started opks, but I figure it's far too early anyways. Had a nice 5 day AF and now just spotting. We'll know by end of month if it's on to the next cycle or if it's back in the unknown zone of pregnancy. Hope once things get started I enjoy O time again. Here goes nothing!

I guess it's unknown territory isn't it, but I'd like to think that in time things will feel almost back to the way they were before. That's my hope anyway. I think TTC changed things for us, it went from in the moment spontaneous times, to we need to be doing this tonight. It was so strange at first but after 2 months we got used to it. It did make me worry though that the spark had gone, because you have to get used to doing it when you maybe don't fancy it. Anyway, the point is we got used it and the next cycle was great with lots of bding (it was the lucky one too)

Ah yes your temps are a bit up and down. Mine often are pre o, they are never the same each cycle. With any luck they might settle and still show ov for you. Mine seem to be ok at the moment, although like you, I've not been sleeping well the past 2 nights so not sure if I trust them! Also my skin is breaking out which doesn't fit in with normal symptoms around this time. Who knows :shrug:

Officially back to ttc as of yesterday. It's an odd sort of bittersweet feeling. I've been stuck in my own head a bit these past few days. As much as I want a baby, I feel like it's not going to happen this cycle. Kinda hoping we get this one as a freebie just to get used to everything again. Guess we'll see how it goes!

MrsU - So true about TTC. We were really enjoying it, and now it's all different again. It's a bit sad that we won't have that same innocent excitement again...I just keep reminding myself that so many wonderful firsts lie ahead.

Bee - Looks like you O'd and completely covered your bases over there. Go get it girl! :dust:

ND - Hope you're getting the rest you need and healing up as best you can one day at a time :hug:

It's not possible for me to ov early is it? Not if I still had a faint +hpt on cd11. I had o pains cd 9 & 10, which would be normal for me but they would continue to cd13 ish. Not had any since then but I've got achy v lt cramps today which i tend to get post ov. I did a couple of opks and there was a line but not +, so I'm thinking this could still be hcg. Not even sure why I'm bothering trying to chart, guess I feel like I need to try and be back in control or at least doing something! :dohh:

How's everyone else doing?

I think it's good that you're temping. Otherwise your body would probably be giving all sorts of mixed signals. I'd say you're still well within the pre-O zone. I O'd about a week later than usual. Give it another week and see what happens. I did have some pains and cramps as time went on, but I figured it was just everything shrinking back down and getting back to normal.

Yeah you're right. Maybe my body was gearing up for ov but didn't quite make it? I wasn't expecting to feel anything like o pains for another week at least, think I got a bit excited when I did! I'll keep on temping and see what happens.

I think it's great that you're charting unicorn! I wish I had been both for my bfp cycle and afterward, but I didn't even discover it until later. unless it's stressing you out too much - otherwise I think it's great to have a little insight into what your body is doing. Based on your temps, I assume you have not ovulated and either might not this cycle or have a longer cycle. My post loss cycle was my normal 29 days, but a lot of women take 6 weeks post loss to have another CD 1. Thinking of you and hope you are hanging in there :hugs:

les - welcome back to the ttc game :hugs: such a bittersweet thing. I hope you are holding up alright too. It looks like you are just about to o! you'll be a couple days behind me. FX and sending you peace. :hugs:

I am 4dpo and looking forward to my first RE appt - less than a week now! I won't know if this cycle worked then or not (wouldn't that be crazy and a little embarrassing lol) but I wanted to make sure to schedule in time in case she wants to do CD 3 and 21 bloodwork. that way, we can schedule it for CD 3 if so. just feeling like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders knowing that someone is going to listen to me (the first consultation is an hour!!! :happydance::happydance:) and fight for me. :happydance:

Charting can sometimes stress me out because I obsess over things! But we've got a really busy week next week, a few days away then visiting family so that'll distract me.

haha it would be crazy if it was this cycle bee, but it does happen! FX! yey for your first meeting too :thumbup: good luck!

Bee - So glad someone is listening and trying to help you figure things out. Seems like you have your bases covered. If it happens naturally, you're doing all you can. If it doesn't, you are on a path to hopefully get whatever help you need. Did your DH do the SA yet?

MrsU - Since you're type A like me, I think symptoms/your body would stress you out a bit as is. For me, I like to see if I'm in post-O or pre-O helps me to ignore all those minor little bumps and baubles I feel that I never noticed before.

I think I am about to O bee. Thanks for noticing! I hadn't checked CP in quite a while, but holy cow was it H & S this morning! I took an opk just in case. Seems like it's getting darker, but not a positive yet. Going to test again tonight just in case, but hoping those little eggs get another day or two to plump up and mature. I usually O on cd10, fingers crossed that's what happens. It'll be a relief to feel like that at least is regular. Then comes the long wait to see what my LP does...hopefully I don't stress out too much during the wait!

Ladies - mind if I join you? I am completely new to this community, so I'm still trying to figure everything out.

However, my husband and I have been married for 15 years. I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2009 when we were NTNP and after that we just weren't emotionally ready to try for kids. So we waiting quite awhile (around 3 years) before I went off birth control. That's been several years ago now and we are still TTC #1 with no luck. I recently found out IVF is likely my only option, since my HSG test showed my one remaining tube is closed likely from scar tissue from the surgery to repair my ruptured tube from the ectopic.

So right now I'm researching everything I can on IVF and adoption. I've been checking everything out on the assisted conception board too.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and that I commend all of you for getting back at it after a loss. Had I known at the time that I'd have this hard of time afterwards I probably would have tried earlier, but we just weren't ready at the time.

Hang in there. It does get easier after a loss, though sometimes I still randomly break down and cry for no reason.

Bronte - Of course you can join! I'm so sorry you've been through so much. Hindsight is 20/20 huh? I know the feeling, but I'm sure you started when you were ready and really that's all you can do. Glad you know what's going on, and Fx IVF works for you. I've seen so many success stories! Where are you at in the process? So fun question - I assume your un means you're a Bronte fan?

Thank you also for the kind words. I figure I have a bumpy road ahead, but I trust it will get easier if I just keep facing the hurdles and letting myself feel whatever it is I need to feel.

My friend announced today that she's expecting #2 in September. It just reminded me of the announcement that I had planned. My baby was also due in September and I thought I would be sharing the good news with everyone by now. I hate that her news just filled me with longing and sadness for me instead of happiness for her. July-September is going to be super hard for me. SIL due July, one friend due August, and now another friend due September. I can't help but think why me...but I hate that thought bc there is no answer and I would never wish this on anyone else. Hoping I'll have the strength to get through it all by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->