TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

I'm surprised too. But it just seems like docs don't want to listen. it has taken me almost a year to convince someone at the clinic that I don't ovulate on cd 14. :nope:

On my second cycle my temps didn't confirm O but I had a huge dip on cd 17 and a huge rise on cd 18. But I sucked at temping and so it was likely me. I had to do my progesterone test on cd 21 as the doc wanted. it was only 12. It showed ovulation but it was low. probably because I ovulated later. So I asked the doc when they called with the results if I should change it to 7 dpo as I think I ovulated on cd 17 not 14. they said no, keep it at cd 21. Well I said screw that and temped hard core the next cycle. Sure enough I got a positive opk on cd 16 and ovulated cd 17. that was my bfp cycle. did my progesterone test on cd 24

after that I never talked to them about what cd I did my progesterone test on until this past cycle. I had to meticulously go over my past cycles with this nurse as they assumed that I took the progesterone test too late and that's why it was low. I had to convince her that I now ovulate (based on temps and positive opks) on cd 19. cd 21 would show nothing if I kept it at that.

It is so frustrating. But I don't want to go anywhere else as this new doc is the one that put me on letrozole right away last year as my doc was on maternity leave at the time. He seems to be pretty good and I requested to have him again when my doctor quit.

I had emailed his nurse on thursday so she will get the email first thing on monday I think so I am hoping I will hear something by the time I wake up. Now to get through this day. lol

Well my doc's nurse emailed me back...to change my appt time. She didn't answer my question at all. So I emailed her again this afternoon but have heard nothing. It's now 5:35pm and the clinic is closed now. I'm quite irritated that she didn't seem to bother reading my email.

I am on cd 3 and I picked up my letrozole. I can wait until Wednesday to get the go ahead as that is cd 5 (although I have never taken it days 5-9) but I'm not even seeing the doc now, it's just a phone call appt..which means that he isn't going to instantly put in the IUD so I am taking that as a good sign.

But I am leery of messing with the schedule I have been on since I started this. But a different nurse said there is no difference.

Ah Aayla, hope everything works out for you this cycle <3. As for me CD10 and I feel like I might O a bit earlier this time around. We'll see what the opks do tomorrow. I'm not feeling super hopeful even though I have the progesterone now. I think more just nervous about starting something new and how I'm going to react to it. I'm super stressed out this week what with the move, and DH's grandfather's funeral, and summer schedules for my clients. Definitely not an ideal O week, but we'll get 'er done :haha:. I also have this lovely thought about a life starting this month so soon after DH's grandfather's death. Time will tell...

I decided to just go ahead with the letrozole as is. the doc can suck it :rofl: If I am resistant to it this cycle will tell me that. and then we can move on to whatever next steps the doc has. I will find that out tomorrow.

So i am cd 4 now. I will be using opk's starting cd 10 or 11. I don't ovulate until cd 19 so I'm not sure about starting so early. it will give me something to do during the wait.

Hey girls - cd1 today for me. I don't really feel anything towards it, which is nice. Bit sick of emotions!! I've decided to not chart this cycle. I feel I get a bit anxious waiting for the 'right' information to appear, even though I do like seeing it. Guess it's a love/hate relationship! My o day doesn't change much so I should be ok. So no temping or opks. We'll just bd every other day and spread it out a little.

Aayla - glad you've gone with what you feel is best. I don't think anyone knows for sure, even the docs, so good luck this cycle!

Les - sorry you've got so much on at the moment. On the plus side at least you won't have too much time to stress over your cycle. I understand your nerves after having super regular cycles. The progesterone will change your cycle but hopefully just your lp. Is it common to change your o day too?

Bronte - are you in Europe yet?! If so have a wonderful time! X

Richiees - hope you're ok. Xx

Oh no it should just change my LP (and by proxy lengthen my cycle). No more extra chances each year for me, but that's not such a bad thing if there's no chance of implantation those cycles anyway right? AF is supposed to come right after I stop, but I've seen a few girls who are still going after stopping nearly a week ago and all BFNs. Really hope that doesn't happen to me &#128513;. Another girl who is going through the same thing went and Clomid and boom BFP! Not sure why her doc went one way and mine went another. I guess we'll see, but I'm not expecting it to be a magic bullet &#128542;.

Sorry AF is here, and hope you have a nice, relaxed cycle without charting &#128156;&#128156;&#128156;

Aayla I hope this cycle goes better than last!

Les, I'm sorry about ur family's lost. They do say once someone goes, someone comes! Best wishes with the move!

Mrs u, yayy for a stress free cycle!

Afm, af was due today but since I Oed late af should be alil late too. All cramping n twinges r gone n feeling very normal so I'm fully expecting her.

So freaking happy!!!!

Doc call went awesome. He is happy I made the choice to use the letrozole this cycle. He said it made sense to miss O from being sick and it is possible I did O but missed the progesterone peak. So we are ignoring that cycle and continuing on.

If I ovulate then we will continue on until we get pregnant or are ready for IVF. While the injectable is an option it is $2500 and he said it makes more sense to pay the extra for IVF as it freezes embryos for more children and it has a better success rate.

So no Mirena, and I continue on as is but we will continue to save money just in case and I have to get my bmi down to 38 as that is the limit. Which is about 100 lbs.

So I started the 21 day fix again today. I needed to anyway outside of all of this.

Feeling really good and happy

So happy for you Aayla. Sending good luck on all fronts your way!

Richiees - Still kmfx for you!

Oh and starlight - I hope you're still out there and doing well <3

So I decided this month DH and I are going to dtd as much as possible and skip testing. I've been trying to lose weight (I'm down 17lbs) and want to continue to lose some more. I feel like it would be wasted time if we put ttc on hold while I lose to my goal.

Aayla - great news! So pleased you've got a plan sorted out.

Richiees- kmfx for you!

Raine - sounds perfect! Anyway dtd is good exercise too!

I can't keep up haha!
I'm doing well.. 2nd cycle is so far back to normal but we sat this one out with the exception of last night. I'm so ready to get on with it !

Sounds like some good things are happening here. I can get better following this once school ends next week!

Where is everyone? Haha

I'm currently 4dpo.. We ended up BDing on what turned out to be O day by pure accident. I thought I had O'd the day before. Oops! But what's meant to be will be.

I'm cd 9 today. Nothing much going on. Just starting the opk's but I don't ovulate for about 10 days so it's just something to do right now. lol I hate having long cycles. the wait between each things is so long. At least in the tww you can symptom spot and test. lol

Star so good to hear from you! Sorry for my absence. We are exhausted from moving all yesterday. Most of it is done and now I'm stuck in a car for 5 hours on the way up to DH's hometown for his gpa's funeral tomorrow. Glad things are back to normal and hey with a chance after all!

Aayla the waiting is the hardest part.

I'm 3 DPO and I started Prometrium last nice. So far so good. No side effects yet. Will keep you all posted :)

Ayala the waiting is the worst! I start doing OPK's way early too for something to do.

Les- so sorry for your family's loss. But yay for moving day. You'll have plenty to keep you busy now!

Les, yayy for 3dpo!

I'm still waiting on af! How did I get so behind lol?

Fx for everyone waiting on O day!

Looks like we've all been busy!

Les - glad the move went well and yay for starting the meds!

Aayla - yep, I'm waiting too. I guess I'm lucky and o a touch early so we'll start bding soon!

Richiees - is af late now?

Star - good luck. I always feel better when I know there's a good chance it could happen. I hate the thought of missing out on a cycle.

Raine - hope you're well

AFM - cd6 - I actually just had to check my FF app to see what day I was! Guess me tying to chill out a bit is working! I'm trying to focus on exercising and eating better, which is going well so far.

Also, wonder if anyone has any advice. My mum and I are going to book an aromatherapy body massage when she's over in a couple of weeks. I'll be 9 DPO and have been googling if it's ok to have in the TWW. All I'm getting is not in the first trimester. I'm trying so hard to not behave like I'm TTC, for my own sanity and anxiety, but I'm not sure what to do? Should I go ahead or maybe change to a different treatment?

Well my lp is usually 14 days, n I'm 17dpo today so I'd say so. But I'm still gonna give it a couple more days before testing. I'm too nervous.

Just to be on the safe side, I'd go with something different. Maybe a hot stone massage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->