TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

Yeah it does sound like it's time to move onto the next step. But goodness those seem like reasonable prices compared to a lot of places in the U.S. where it seems like they just charge extra because they can. Hopefully you can find some extra funds to try something else. Though I will say I waited a few months to try IVF just so I could focus on improving my health and myself and I think it's helped. It's a balance though. I can't afford to wait too long or get even healthier because then my age is coming into play too much and egg quality decreases sognificantly. I wish it wasn't on a time schedule at all. So you have to do what's best for you and what you can manage. Just don't wait too long (says the one that's pretty much in this mess to begin with since I waited too long after my ectopic to try again - I've learned my lesson about waiting, though I'm not mad I did since I wasn't ready, just wish I would have been ready earlier). Anyway, good luck and hope you get it figured out.

It will take about a year to lose the weight I need to lose. I am 38 (just turned). So yeah..time is a factor for me too. So frustrating.

Second AF started today which means we can officially start trying again!

Thanks! Idk how involved I want to be with ovulation tests and testing early and all that stuff. We might NTNP for a couple of months. I'm still having some depressed times that comes along with crying.

Bronte - so glad that it wasn't particularly bad news. It sounds like there's a plan A and B (and polrobably a C somewhere) if you need it. I definitely think it's worth waiting that extra month for the genetics testing, anything to improve your chances right?!

Aayla - I don't envy you having to make this decision. It's a very difficult one. My advice would be to gather all the information for both options. Ring round some clinics and pharmacies to get an idea of pricing etc, only then can you make the decision.

Raine - welcome back to TTC. Take it steady and do whatever you feel is right. For me (and others) it was and still is a very emotional time. Some days are tough but we are here to support you, we've all been there. X

Raine - Welcome back! Follow your heart and all will be well xxx. Here for support always.

Bronte - Glad it was nothing serious, and you have a plan.

MrsU - Still thinking of you and your family.

AFM: I have my plan and am cautiously hopeful that this will work. We'll give our best for three months with Prometrium and then go back in if no success.

bronte, I'm very happy it was nothing to worry about. can't freakin wait for july for u!

raine, :thumbup: for af! i know its hard, but try not to stress. ull get ur rainbow babe.

les, im not worried at all that u won't have ur happy ending. its just around the corner. I'm sure of it!

n that goes for all of us. around the corner may mean a month or next yr from now. but it will happen for us all. no doubt.

afm, not very confident about this month. its just been too confusing for me to feel like i got it. I'm ready for next month tho. just ordered some specimen cups n syringes to "fertilize" myself on days when dh is just too tired to put in any work!

So I'm 10 DPO and bfn. I know I didn't actually see anything when I was pregnant at the this time before, but can't help but feel like I'm out. I don't feel too bad about it (already got my plan of attack sorted for next cycle) I guess my mind is occupied with my brother and SIL. I don't think she's going to open up. She text me yesterday saying 'it's just one of those things, it happens. I'm not going to dwell on it.' I don't believe anyone can brush a mc off just like that but maybe she won't show how much it hurts. I hope they don't struggle like most of us though. They are moving house next week so they are probably trying to focus on that.

So I created a basic budget to see what our bills are and what is the most we could likely save per month. It is more than I thought and we could be quite close to having the full amount for ivf by the fall of 2017. It would be sooner but we are a bit behind and have to catch up and we have a wedding to go to in September.

Hopefully ivf won't be the next step. Cause I am being drawn to the injectable and iui. If it is a reasonable price (which I will hopefully find out next week) we could be TTC by Jan. Maybe sooner if the weight falls off at a decent pace.

Aayla that's great that you might be back TTC sooner than expected!

I'm feeling pretty awful at the moment. Really nauseous today and yesterday. I've been doing so well not symptom spotting for about a week. I've noticed things then instantly dismissed them, but this nausea is awful. I'm thinking it's most likely due to the upset over the past few days - I'm trying so hard to not see it as a 'sign'. Hopefully it'll go tomorrow, it's making me pretty grumpy!

Started spotting today. I'm happy and not happy. Happy because I don't have to take provera to induce her. not happy because she is early. I emailed my doctor's assistant to ask him if I can do another round of letrozole to make sure I am resistant and it wasn't my cold that made me not ovulate. I was going to ask him at my appt as that was when af was due but by then it will be too late, even if I pushed it to cd 5 (which is the day before). Unfortunately I got an instant reply she is out of the office tomorrow (of course) so now I have to wait until first thing tomorrow to call and see if one of the other nurses will ask him for me. If no one can get a hold of him I may just do it on my own. I have 2 refills waiting for me a the pharmacy. All it will mean is that the doctor will have to wait until the next cycle to put the Mirena in if the letrozole doesn't work. If it does work then I don't have to consider next steps.

Aayla sorry af has arrived, but to look on the bright side at least she arrived in her own.

Bfn again for me so that's me out, I don't know if I'll test again. I've only got one IC & 3 FRERs left, maybe I'll do the IC over the weekend. Idk. Oh well, onto cycle 3 we go...... It's a bank holiday on Monday so at least we got a 3 day weekend to be happy about.

Aw Aayla. So sorry AF is here. She's the worst! I was big sobbing mess yesterday, and then today a friend of mine shared that pregnancy loss blurb on Facebook and told everyone that her almost 2 yo is her rainbow baby 🌈:baby:. I guess there was a reason why they were the one couple who didn't ask us about babies at my nephew's bday party. You never know...

A baby born after a miscarriage or loss of a baby is referred to as a Rainbow baby. Today we remember all babies born sleeping, or we've carried but never met, those we've held but couldn't take home, the ones that came home but didn't stay. Make this your profile status if you or someone you know has suffered the loss of a baby. The majority won't do it, because miscarriage, still birth and SIDS is still a taboo subject. Break the silence. In memory of all angels too perfect for earth ❤😇 and all the babies that are born sleeping or don't make it home. Hold your finger down and copy and paste, do not share. -- I love all you strong ladies & families out there. You're stronger, more supported, and more loved than you know.

MrsU - Hope you have a lovely 3-day weekend :hugs:. We will be packing up everything that's left this weekend and eating out all next week before our big move - Ick!

I'm actually happy she is here. Since I didn't ovulate I thought that I would have to induce a period. The only time I don't ovulate is when I'm not on letrozole. But since this time I was on it I suspect it did half its job. The egg didn't come but because my body was geared for it I got a period anyway. She's 3 days earlier than expected but I am okay with that. she came on her own.

Now I just wait to hear if I can do another round. I may just do it anyway. He can't actually stop me and there is no medical reason to stop me. I suspect I didn't O because of my horrible cold. I would like one more cycle that is healthy to confirm if I am resistant to it. Then, if I don't O this cycle we can move on to another step. I should hear back on Monday.

Aayla - you respond and ovulated previous months, correct? If so it's definetly worth another shot. Good luck.

Les - I saw that on Facebook as well, though from a friend that lost her child to SIDS at 3 months. It's great you might have an extra bond with a friend you didn't know about. I know many of my friends might have experienced and I don't know since it is kind of a taboo topic. I've opened up more recently since I'm doing IVF and am glad I did. Most don't know exactly when we are doing stuff though which is good so they won't ask. Though I think most of them will know to wait until I say stuff before bringing it up.

Anyway best wishes on the move. Such an exciting time. And I'd love to see photos of the new house when you get it all set up. I love room photos of new-to-you houses!

mrs u - enjoy the weekend. Sorry it's another BFN. Hugs.

I'm off for work for two weeks which I'm super excited about. We don't leave for our trip until Tuesday but have Monday off for the holiday. I'm excited for the break. But getting ready to leave work was a challenge and I just remembered one thing I forgot to do. So debating if I should skip it or try to do something from home.

Les, thats really sweet :)

Mrs u, I'm sorry about the bfn babe.

Bronte how excited r u to get away!

Afm, I'm too nervous to bother testing. I'm 9dpo. Iv been having tons of twinges, tightness n mild cramping. Trying to ignore it all. Don't want to set myself up.

I did respond to them. The only one I didn't was my first cycle ever and that was because the dosage was too low. I got a bfp on my 3rd cycle and I have ovulated on every cycle after that.

It's weird that I wouldn't ovulate this last cycle. I had loads of ewcm, twinges and cramps and my temp was creeping up but then I got sick and I think that kept me from ovulating. I think my body tried again but because of my pcos it just couldn't. By then the medication is no longer in the body.

but I got my period. She was 3 days early but she came on her own. Normally when I don't ovulate I have to induce it but because I was on the letrozole she came. I am like clockwork when on letrozole. So I really think it did its job but the cold got in the way.

so I don't see a reason why I can't try again.

Aayla - I'm confused why they jumped the gun and thought you were resistant to it now then. Does that normally happen after a period of time and they think you reached it? I think I was confused when you mentioned before. I think it's time to start thinking about more options in the future but seems like if you can afford the meds each cycle it's worth it to keep trying while on it and then discuss further options. Especially since you had your period mostly naturally this time. Hopefully your doctor lets you try it.

Richieesmom - yes I'm super excited. I love traveling. I'm going to miss my dog though. I also miss his daily hugs while we travel.

Good luck it's still a bit early but hope this was a successful cycle for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->