TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

Good luck Les. Wonder why it's early. Is progesterone known to do that as well? Hopefully it won't impact anything.

Sorry I haven't been too active.

Confirmed today that I am not pregnant. Hcg <1. I am so tired. I just don't know how much more I can take. I think I could go on if my body didn't decide that pregnancy symptoms were now a normal part of my LP. There is having your hopes up like you do every cycle and then willing to bet the farm because you are so sure.

DH wants to continue with letrozole. The onky reason I am willing is because it means I don't have to go on Mirena until IVF. And it is cheaper of course. But I am so tired. I am in my second year now and now I won't have a baby until I am 39.

This is exactly how I'm feeling at the end of my second year but need to keep at it x

I had my big cry and hubby cuddled me. Calling the doc tomorrow to get my new prescription. We'll see how many refills I get.

Going to get my drink on on Friday. I am so looking forward to margaritas. There is such a small window I can drink with the letrozole.

I really need to focus on my weight. Which I have talked about before. I still have a shot to be in the 21 Day Fix Extreme infomercial so for the next 3 weeks that will be my focus.

I thought about the progesterone too Bronte. I hadn't read anything about an early O after P, but maybe since it delayed the start of this cycle my body is fighting a bit to get back to my norm?

Oh, Aayla, I'm so sorry :hugs: I know you were so sure, too! That's the worst let down :( At least you get to enjoy your margarita on Friday. Can't wait to hear what progress you make with the 21 Day Fix.

Les, good luck! I can imagine the body might try and fight to stay with what it knows...at this point with my body I'm just like :shrug: sometimes.

Aayla - definitely get the margarita. Maybe have two. Hugs again. I love that you picked yourself back up and already made a call to the doctor for another prescription. A good cry and cuddle is always helpful during that process as well. Good luck focusing on your weight and yourself the next few months. I like the idea of focusing on that and just trying the BDing in the background. The infomercial sounds exciting. How cool would that be!

Les - I'm sure it's the progesterone somehow, since that's the only recent change. But yeah, it's probably just the extended previous cycle. Our bodies are so interesting.

So we are out for next cycle. The doc is out now town and because I have done 8 rounds of letrozole I have actually see him to get a new prescription. They don't like going past 8 so not sure what will happen. He might push it to 12. But then I think do I want to risk it? There is a reason they have limits. Maybe some time off and focus on saving money and losing weight with IVF as the goal is the ideal plan?

I still have to talk to hubby. I hate finding out news while he is sleeping and I am working.

My cousin's gf did ivf last year and she is 40. I could do it at 39.5 lol

And the thought of losing enough weight that I would actually be able to show bump photos has me excited. At my size my belly would like round out at the very end, if at all.

Sorry I am rambling. So much to think about.

Oh Aayla - sorry it isn't the news you were hoping for. But maybe it is a blessing in disguise. I don't know much about that med, but I agree they probably do have limits for a reason. So focusing on yourself and your health might not be a bad thing.

Have you had an AMH test done fairly recently to give you a good idea how much "ovarian reserve" or time you might have left? I know you can't really predict anything, but if your numbers are looking good then you might still have a shot in a year. And there's lots of people even over 40 that have conceived on IVF. My doctor just recommends genetic testing to help a lot since the egg quality is not nearly as good as we get older, so you can pick out the most likely embryo to succeed and have a better shot with IVF.

Good luck!

I have, oddly enough, never had my reserve checked. I have wondered about it. Maybe because I was told they suspect I have never ovulated in my life. So my reserve us probably fairly substantial. But I will ask my doc about it.

I came to terms with IVF last cycle. And there was something about it that felt right. But I do want to discuss with hubby. It is hard to get him to voice his feelings. All he wants is a baby and for me to be happy. I love him for it of course but he has a say too. Lol

I am thinking of going out to dinner tonight with him to discuss things.

They will obviously do all of that before you go through IVF but in your case maybe you want to get as much of those blood tests or other tests out of the way (even the SA for your husband) so you have a better idea of what you are working with and it might help determine the best course of action. That way you don't wait a whole year of doing nothing. Anyway good luck!

He got an SA done 2 years ago. He was told he is superman. Lol

But I will definitely see if I can space out the testing and see if it can be done sooner so that way we can just get er done when I have the money and am at the right bmi

Aayla, plenty of women do IVF successfully into their 40s. I know you want to get there ASAP! Yay for bump photos! I'm with you there.

You got this Aayla!

Officially in the TWW today (as expected with the early +opk). Going to look at it this time as an opportunity to focus on other good things in life and take a break from ttc for a few weeks. The progesterone every night will be a big reminder, but otherwise I think I can stay nice and distracted :). Nothing more we can do now, so just sitting back and letting it be.

Ooh the tww already. Fx for you!!

I am at my brother's 25th bday and being around family and friends is exactly what I needed.

I ate, I drank and was merry :rofl:

I feel a sense of renewal. Like today was the end of a chapter and I have a sense of peace.

Yay for relaxation time.

Les, great idea focusing on other stuff. Are you going to be cooking up a storm? And how is your house coming along? Do you have everything situated?

Aayla - very well said. Sounds like family was just what you needed. So glad you have a sense of peace.

Mrs u - you have been quiet. If you are checking in I really hope you are doing okay. You have been in my thoughts. If you are off focusing on not thinking about TTC then that's good too. Still sending you positive thoughts and hugs from across the ocean.

House is coming along nicely. Still lots to do!

Garden/plants: We have our first little sproutlings from the marigolds and vegetables we planted last weekend. The succulents we transplanted are looking great too. DH wants to go get a few more elements for our drip system to see if he can improve it. My blueberry leaves are browning so maybe I'm overwatering them? I read that we need a second species for cross pollination but I have no idea where to look. We also want to buy a birdbath for by our front door. We need some natural pest repellents on our herbs. I'm going to dead head some more and maybe figure out how to trim the lavender a bit. We also want to build a privacy trellis for our deck. I originally wanted to grow vines up it, but then DH reminded me that spiders LOVE vines...so maybe succulent pots instead? Maybe I'll sketch something today. Last but not least they have a drip system for potted plants all around the perimeter of the deck. Would love to start looking for/buying interesting pots and plants and setting that up. We also want to get a outdoor dining set for the patio. Still deciding if we want to buy or make or own.

Kitchen: I'm keeping my eye out for some farmhouse prints. We want to make our own farmhouse table, but DH and I have to agree on what kind of wood to use first. I still have some kids to paint/hard to use for the pantry. I'm also looking for a display tower for our le creuset collection and/or a kitchen hutch to add a bit more storage.

Rest of the house: Getting my library that can turn into a nursery set up (it's empty right now). Getting the guest bed set up. Hanging all of our frames and prints etc. Finding a nice desk chair for the nook. Finding a nice indoor plant for by the door. Getting some more storage and a little wood sign for the bathrooms.

...and I'm sure there's so much more. Clearly we can't do this all at once, and it will take some budgeting. We still have to pick a weekend to have our friends over too. Just need to pick a day and send out an invite. I'm just such a hostess I want the time to bake and cook, but with work I just might not be able to work that out. Depends on when I get my next assignment. I guess the case I was supposed to take decided to switch companies rather than accept that she had to switch supervisors - she hadn't met me yet so it wasn't me! &#128513;

The one thing for sure I'm doing this weekend is making a tart and trying out my new ice cream churn! Still deciding on a flavor...

Les - all of that sounds fabulous. I don't have a green thumb at all and DH does research with plants in his day job so he doesn't like to garden much at home. Plus he's not big on exotic plants and likes everything much more natural. Despite my serious lack of knowledge, I think I understood some of what you are doing in the garden and it sounds divine. Can't believe you are already seeing growth from what you planted last weekend. How cool that you might make outdoor patio furniture. We have a bench, chair, and table that we got when my grandmother died. It's falling apart now since we haven't been good about bringing it inside or covering in the winter. That was my husband's project last weekend was cutting all new wood pieces for it and staining. Hoping to have it back together again soon looking much better.

I love the idea of the library that will turn into a nursery. I'm so excited to see that one! The theme sounds so cool.

And you definetly sound like the house is keeping you busy. I love decorating a new space though. Hope you find it just as fun and get to have a great get-together for everyone to see your new house.

Ice cream sounds delicious. Enjoy the new churn.

so we have set a date to start IVF. Of course I have to run this by the doctor at my next appt. We are looking to start mid march..that will be the stimming etc. We are hoping to have the transfer done at the end of march / beginning of April. This will give us a Christmas baby.

I have always wanted a Christmas baby. DH is all for it too provided we keep Christmas and the birthday separate. No combining gifts etc. He is born in January and hates it because he always got very little because no one had any money in January.

So this gives me 8 months to lose weight and 7 months to save up all the money. I don't include July for money saving as we are a bit behind on some bills and we need this month to catch up. I get a raise at the end of the month as well and I will be learning some new tasks which will give me more hours. I figured out that if we can survive on his current pay cheques and bank my current pay cheques then we will be able to save it in the 7 months. When I get my raise and more hours we can for sure save the amount needed and DH should be getting more hours soon as well.

But I have to go over the budget with a fine tooth comb to be sure we can live on his money alone.

As per the weight loss. As of today I am 325 lbs. My bmi is 52.5 In order to be at the top range of their limit of a 38 bmi I need to weigh 235. So I need to lose 90 lbs. If I can keep a consistent loss of 2.5 lbs per week I will just meet the 90 lb goal by mid March. Of course in the beginning I will lose a bit more than that and then maybe taper off a bit after but that is average amount.

Wow Aayla - that is super ambitious but you can do it. Once we determined we were doing IVF it did help tremendously with motivation and sticking to a plan. Good luck girl!

Do they not offer loans for IVF there? I think your plan sounds good but as a backup maybe look into a few loan options then you wouldn't feel too drained when baby came. Our clinic had a few loan companies they worked with that specialized for IVF loans. So that could be a possibility to make up the difference if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->