TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

CD10 here and finally got a positive OPK. Dtd last night and since DH and I have the weekend off together (actually it's DH's 30th bday tomorrow!) So hopefully we will get it done this month!

Star - yay for vacations!

Aayla - That plan sounds perfect.

Km - Glad they got you in earlier!! I would have been so mad.

Bronte - So very excited to hear how many fertilize 👍. Is it a rest cycle after this?

Raine - Hooray for O! Fx this cycle :dust:

AFM - Continuing mission relaxed TWW over here. Just finished a kickboxing and abs workout, and after this heading out to the garden for a bit. Would be a bit more relaxing without the symptoms from progesterone, but that is what it is. Planning to do some macarons or meringues this weekend (froze all the egg whites that were left). Just found out that masterchef Australia came to California this season. So incredibly sad I missed it!!!

I love Masterchef Australia. They are so nice on that show. The American version they are always swearing and talking back and throwing each other under the bus. Canadian is similar (despite the stereotype there are nasty and mean people here). It was so nice to see them help each other and even cry when someone left. I also love how the challenges are so much harder. I would love to see the US do some of those desserts. Like the croquembouche Lol. Man that thing is insane.

Aayla - how exciting the plan switched slightly and you get to proceed with doing IUIs now. Your doctor seems very determined to get you pregnant which I'm sure helps put your mind at ease some to have a supportive doctor.

KM - glad you got the appointment moved so you don't have as long of a wait now. That would have been torture to wait that long. Hope it's a good visit and you get to proceed with either IVF or an IUI. Even better that this cycle worked and you won't need it. Fingers crossed.

Raine - hope DH has a great birthday and it sounds like the perfect time to make a baby. Really hope this is your cycle.

Les - wow I've never seen Masterchef Australia but it's a bummer you missed it. Would have been lots of fun to see in person. Hope you can catch another one sometime. Your workouts sound fabulous. Great job. And enjoy the baking.

AFM - egg retrieval went great yesterday and I'm not feeling too bad at all. Out of 14 eggs they retrieved we found out that 8 fertilized this morning. So hoping for some more progress in the next few days.

And yes next cycle is a rest one, Les. I was kind of bummed at first after all this forward momentum but I think testing them is the best decision for us. And I'm already planning on trying to lose more weight again in the next two months before doing transfer. I'm super bloated today so up weight. Plus I still haven't lost all my weight I gained after stopping roller derby. Grrrr. That will be the focus going forward.

Aayla - So glad to find another fan! I agree they are super nice on the show, and of course their amazing desserts inspire me. The plates they put up are waaaay better than any I've seen on the US version (and I watch the Canada one too). I feel like Aus makes it much more of a professional training experience than the other countries. Either that or the home chefs there are incredible :).

Bronte -That's a great number, and your body needs some rest after all those injections! I've gained a few pounds since going on progesterone. It just makes me want to eat all of the time. It's 7 am, I just woke up, and I already want to eat :haha:. I didn't really eat much for dinner though. Exercise can suppress the appetite temporarily. DH and I did our usual salad with veggies, grilled chicken, and our homemade vinaigrette. I threw on some raspberries and some almond praline for crunch too. So easy, mostly healthy, and super tasty. I only ate half of my plate, so a good breakfast is probably due this morning. Hoping I can shed the few ponds I've gained before I'm gaining weight for a different, better reason :)

Bronte: Great number! so I take it then you are doing a frozen transfer? Why are you not doing a fresh transfer?

I am super relaxed now that we have a next step plan. I am concerned about the fact that I don't get a positive opk the day before I ovulate. I usually get it the evening I ovulate. Confirmed by my temp of course. My body went all wonky after the mc and my O date has changed twice. i don't get progression on ovulation tests so I am a little concerned about timing. They want me to start using opk's at cd 10 even though I don't ovulation until cd 19/20.

Aayla - yes we are doing a frozen transfer because we are doing PGS testing. We went back and forth on whether to do genetic testing or not but my doctor highly recommended it because of my age. I'm at the cut off but I'm still advanced maternal age so about 50 percent of the eggs I produce will have chromosomal issues and I likely will have issues with a successful implantation or miscarriage especially with IVF, where you are taking away some of the natural element. Anyway, I'm not sure I could handle a miscarriage or it not implanting after going through all this (I know I would but I'd struggle a lot). The peace of mind of knowing the embryo with the best shot would be put in was worth waiting for me and worth hopefully not having to do multiple transfers. We'll see though.

that makes total sense. IVF isn't cheap and it isn't the easiest route and paying that little bit extra to make sure the best embryo is places is a good idea. We will likely do that too if we have to do IVF

Hi ladies. I popped in here a few months ago after my most recent loss, but haven't posted much. I'm on my 3rd cycle since then (although we didn't try that first month). I was really convinced I was pregnant this time but af showed today. :'(

I don't even know what I could change about next cycle to increase our chances. I don't temp or do opks. But we started dtd the day after af left and stopped when my CM dried up (there's always lots of it, so it has always been a reliable O sign). There's no way we could have missed ovulation! Unless I just didn't ovulate (which doesn't seem likely). So frustrating. :/

Anyway, CD1 for me today! Now hoping for an April baby once again! My first baby should have been born April 2015. :flower:

Tcinks: I feel the same way. I would have bet money I was pregnant last cycle. So many symptoms including intense nausea.

It is possible you aren't ovulating. You won't really know unless you get a 7dpo progesterone test or temp. But since you have been pregnant before it isn't likely that is a problem but some times we do skip a cycle.

You just have to keep on keeping on unfortunately. It is "funny" that we have both come full circle. My iui will happen around the same time as I got pregnant last year and it will be a may baby if we get pregnant.

Tcinks - so nice to hear from you again. Really hope you are doing alright. You have suffered so many tough losses and I really hope you get your rainbow baby soon! Good luck on this cycle. An April baby would be wonderful.

Aayla - really hope you get your May baby. So excited to see how it goes for you.

Ok officially in the tww. Dtd the day that I got my positive OPK, the day after and 2 days after just like when we got pregnant last time. So fingers crossed! But of course I feel like I'm coming down with a cold. Summer colds are the worst.

Popping in! 11 dpo and temp dropped again.I'd say I'm out.

This this TTC stuff is so annoying!!

Fx someone here gets a bfp soon!!!!!!

Tcinks: So good to hear from you girl :hugs:. I know that feeling. I have no clue why this isn't happening for us yet. I keep thinking of new things to help each cycle. At least it feels like something is happening that way right? April is a lovely month (but I'm totally biased :haha:)

Aayla: May is nice too. So hopeful for this plan for you <3

Raine: Sorry about the cold but sometimes they say that's good for implantation. Fx!

Star - Good to hear from you too! Sorry you feel out. I sadly do as well &#128542;. Hoping we all get BFPs together! It could be a BFP frenzy &#128518;

Tcinks: So good to hear from you girl :hugs:. I know that feeling. I have no clue why this isn't happening for us yet. I keep thinking of new things to help each cycle. At least it feels like something is happening that way right? April is a lovely month (but I'm totally biased :haha:)

Aayla: May is nice too. So hopeful for this plan for you <3

Raine: Sorry about the cold but sometimes they say that's good for implantation. Fx!

Star - Good to hear from you too! Sorry you feel out. I sadly do as well &#128542;. Hoping we all get BFPs together! It could be a BFP frenzy &#128518;
Oh that would be awesome if there was a BFP frenzy in here!! We deserve it!

So then my temp went up today.. Yesterday 97.68, today 97.99. Hmm, not sure what's going on.

I'm loving the BFP frenzy theme! Sending positive energy to everyone for our rainbow babies :hugs:

Starlight - let's hope the new temp jump is good news. I'm all for a BFP frenzy on here as well.

Raine - try to enjoy the TWW. Hope you can keep yourself nice and busy. I've heard people feeling like they have colds sometimes is a good sign as well. Not sure why. But fingers crossed for you.

Les - hope you are doing alright. Still glad everything seems to be getting a bit easier for you. Each month is closer to your goal of getting your rainbow baby.

Becca - positive energy being sent right back at you.

AFM - get updates on the embabies tomorrow. Hope they are doing well and we get a decent amount to freeze.

So I skipped progesterone last night and now it's just a waiting game to see when AF will show. Getting cd3 bloodwork done, giving the progesterone one more cycle, and then going in with some articles in hand demanding a referral from my ob - bc she clearly isn't too familiar with LPD.

How's the TWW treating everyone else?

I'm out, and definitely disappointed. I just wanted it so badly for our anniversary (Monday). But it wasn't in the cards... Had some wine instead!!

Hope the progesterone works this month Les!

Starlight - I'm so sorry you are out. Hugs.

Les - I love that you are prepared to further demand the tests and if they don't give them to you definetly get the referral. Go get'em girl!

AFM - I'm also out for first round of IVF and must regroup. I'm also disappointed and had multiple cries today. But I will not quit yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->