TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

Bronte I'm so sorry to hear that your first round of IVF didn't work

CD2 here today 😞. Going in for CD3 tests tomorrow. Oddly hoping that something raises a red flag. I know I've seen others get BFPs after a year+ of trying with nothing and we did have the one pregnancy in the last year, but it's just starting to feel like this won't happen for us without extra help...even if it will...I so want this to happen faster than that. Has anyone out there seen my patience? I clearly need it back *sigh*

Les-Hope your testing go well. Can you suggest something more if you feel so strongly that you need more help?

Les - I'd be the same way and would really rather know if there's an issue. I was bummed to have to move straight to IVF but if was nice to have answers.

However I still hope they don't find anything and it's just your progesterone that was making it harder. That way it won't take as long hopefully until you see a BFP.

But if you are ready to move onto injectable meds or IUI; hopefully they will let you soon or give you a referral to an RE so that you won't be required to wait longer. I know they normally reset the time they go by what it's been since your MMC but if you are wanting to do that then they should be able to make it happen!

Thanks Bronte. I just keep reading that egg quality can affect progesterone levels, but then again I've always had short cycles and probably always had a short LP and just didn't know it. If that's the case it is not egg quality due to aging, right? Probably also not anything environmental since that has changed over the years as well. So I either have just had all bad eggs from the time I hit puberty or my balance of hormones is just different. I'm thinking the latter is more likely...but this test will give me some peace of mind or one more reason to request a referral so a good choice overall I think :). Well off I go to get my arm pricked.

I actually don't think there's anyway for them to test egg quality, is there? I've been reading a lot about that after my failed IVF and trying to figure out ways to improve egg quality. I think the CD3 tests (particularly the FSH test) can just tell you about how many eggs you have left or your ovarian reserve. I think the assumption is generally if your results are low then you will have lower quality eggs, but that's not necessarily true I've read other places. You just have less to work with because you might be running out.

I'm not sure how they work together on your progesterone levels though.

It's still a good number to know, because if it's low then you definitely need to get to the RE sooner rather than later. But it doesn't mean your eggs aren't of a quality to produce a child.

Anyway, hope you hear soon on your results and can hopefully just get a referral regardless. If you are mentally prepared for that stage already, I think I'd just bite the bullet and try to get in to an RE. You have a much better shot of getting pregnant faster. And your age is borderline that they should make an exception to the one year rule since the MMC.

Correct. There is no direct test for egg quality. They say the best indicator for that is just age. I think this will cover FSH, LH, and E2. They are just indicative of ovarian reserve, disorders, and/or cysts. Still I think FSH can be a good indicator of your potential to become pregnant. We'll se what my numbers come back at :)

I've been getting faint BFP the last couple of days. I called my doctor today and the nurse had me come in and have my blood drawn. She also had me also have my progesterone drawn since they had me on progesterone with my last pregnancy.

Congrats Raine. Really hope it sticks. Wow you ladies might have started a BFP frenzy. That would be wonderful!

Oh congrats Rain!!

I am now in an unofficial tww as I am sure no spontaneous ovulation happened. Blood work came back all in normal range. We still have to wait for std panel but I am not worried about that.

Af is due Aug 6. I hope she comes on time.

I'm kinda nervous bc DH says he can't see the lines on the tests but a friend of mine says she totally can. I'll let you ladies know what my levels are!

I'm having issues trying to get them to upload on my phone. They aren't that good. They don't do the test justice.

I've been getting faint BFP the last couple of days. I called my doctor today and the nurse had me come in and have my blood drawn. She also had me also have my progesterone drawn since they had me on progesterone with my last pregnancy.

Awesome!!!! Congats to you!!!

I say post them anyway. I got a faint line and hubby couldn't see it, mom couldn't see but loads could online. it was the next day it came in stronger that he could see.

Ok finally got my phone to cooperate. I literally tried to do this like 5 times! Stupid phone!!!

Attachments

• 20160721_100539.jpg
    20160721_100539.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20160721_131616.jpg
    20160721_131616.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 15
I think I see something on both. When do you get your beta results?

I'm just waiting on the call from the doctors office. Pictures don't do them justice. The lines are pretty clear in person.

I can see something in the second photo. Kmfx for you raine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->