TTC #1 AL Buddies 2016 Newcomers Welcome

Trying so glad everything went well.

AFM, just waiting on my first AF since my mc so we can begin trying again. Praying that September is our month and that we have a June baby.

Gag - hoping you'll get your summer baby!

Trying - your acupuncturist sounds so interesting how she determines stuff. Mine doesn't do much of that at all. How does she tell your hormone levels at all?

Les - hugs back at you! I hope you're able to process and center while away. I think we all understand the need to take a break from BNB at times. I'm always hoping you're doing well and sending positive thoughts :hugs:

Trying - I'm so glad they referred you! I hope you're able to get more answers, now. Do you know what kind of trials you might participate in? I'm glad you're on the road to being more relaxed, at least - it's a start! Sorry about AF being late. I'm in the same boat and of the same mind. I'd rather not know. Yay new cycles!

Gag - good luck on your start!

CD 34/16 DPO here. I've come to the conclusion that my cycle has lengthened and I need to come to terms with that, so I'm trying to figure out how I can stop letting it drive me crazy when I've had 28-day cycles for the last 20 years or so.

Hope everyone is doing well so far this week!

My cycles changed after my ectopic as well; I think it's just a fact of life. But I know it's frustrating Becca, especially when TTC. I started spotting randomly at one point about three years ago and swore it had to be implantation bleeding and apparently it's now with me every month since it happens every month now. Our bodies are annoying and weird sometimes.

Really hope you it either goes back to normal or you can accept your cycle might be longer now, so it doesn't throw you off too much.

Gag - hoping you'll get your summer baby!

Trying - your acupuncturist sounds so interesting how she determines stuff. Mine doesn't do much of that at all. How does she tell your hormone levels at all?

Hi Bronte
She used the pulse a lot and she asks me questions to find out what is going on.
It's very strange.
Since seeing her my AF has def improved as they were super light. I think the blood it flowing to my uterus more and is hopefully giving me a better lining.
She said that acupuncture can push hormones out of whack at first as it is such a big change to the body. Also as you feel more relaxed your body will change. She said things should normalise soon. Hopefully that was a one off crazy cycle!
I have more needles this week and she placed them lower down on my tummy. Still using legs head and chest but she used my hands this week too.

Les - hugs back at you! I hope you're able to process and center while away. I think we all understand the need to take a break from BNB at times. I'm always hoping you're doing well and sending positive thoughts :hugs:

Trying - I'm so glad they referred you! I hope you're able to get more answers, now. Do you know what kind of trials you might participate in? I'm glad you're on the road to being more relaxed, at least - it's a start! Sorry about AF being late. I'm in the same boat and of the same mind. I'd rather not know. Yay new cycles!

Gag - good luck on your start!

CD 34/16 DPO here. I've come to the conclusion that my cycle has lengthened and I need to come to terms with that, so I'm trying to figure out how I can stop letting it drive me crazy when I've had 28-day cycles for the last 20 years or so.

Hope everyone is doing well so far this week!

Hi Becca

Thank you :flower: I am so happy that things are moving now. It will be a very long wait indeed possibly months but at least something is being done. Just wish I did it months ago as feel like I've wasted the year (good old hindsight). But never mind. Better late than never as they say :thumbup:
They do many trials. Hopefully I can take part in the endometrial scratch trial. Will have to see.
Being more relaxed is definately helping. Ok it's not getting me pregnant any quicker but it's helping me to stay more sane.
Sorry to hear that you are also experiencing a long cycle. Why do our bodies do this!? Like you I never have long cycles. Just typical that the body plays up when TTC. Really hope things straighten out for you soon :hugs:

Trying, sounds like that trial would be very interesting. I'll have to look it up to see what it's all about! I don't know about being more relaxed not helping - it definitely doesn't hurt!

I guess these lengthened cycles are pretty common after losses, so I'm realizing things may never be the same as they were, and that's ok. Hormones. I think TTC really does some weird hormonal stuff to our bodies, especially AL.

Hmm...I didn't know they did endo scratches for natural conception, but it makes a bit of sense! I will probably have one done for my next IVF, since I've heard great things about them helping with implantation. I hope they get you into one of the trials that can help.

Trying, sounds like that trial would be very interesting. I'll have to look it up to see what it's all about! I don't know about being more relaxed not helping - it definitely doesn't hurt!

I guess these lengthened cycles are pretty common after losses, so I'm realizing things may never be the same as they were, and that's ok. Hormones. I think TTC really does some weird hormonal stuff to our bodies, especially AL.

It's a very new research trial being led my Siobhan Quenby. Worth a look :thumbup:
Being relaxed must help in some way. I think it helps to make the journey much easier. I just let Mother Nature do her thing now. I have learnt that no matter how much I want to be a mum and how it's not fair etc Obsessing over it and getting stressed out won't make it happen any faster .It will happen when it does. I've accepted that now and I always expect the lovely AF. Even after BDing I don't expect it to happen as I know the odds are not in our favour. Getting pregnant is very difficult so it can take its time.
Cycles can change after a loss and its normal I've heard. I guess when it happens we need to accept that things are different now and it's just a new normal for us :flower:

Hmm...I didn't know they did endo scratches for natural conception, but it makes a bit of sense! I will probably have one done for my next IVF, since I've heard great things about them helping with implantation. I hope they get you into one of the trials that can help.

This is what they are trialling. They say that it helps with implantation in IVF so they are thinking that it may help natural conceptions too. They think it may be a cause for recurrent pregnancy loss and a scratch can enable better implantation.
I think you should definatley go for the endo scratch next time. Wouldn't do any harm and you never know it may help 😊
Thank you. I hope I can be put into some worthwhile studies. I'm going to feel like a Guinea pig :haha: I don't mind though as it will stop women in the future from going through RMC.

I think it's fabulous you are willing to participate, not only to help you but to further the scientific study. I've done a ton of research on IVF throughout my process and the one constant I've found is that there is so much unknown. I know IVF is a relatively "new science" but it's still amazing to me some of this stuff hasn't been tested thoroughly. And I'm surprised there is so much not known about RMC as well. You'd think there would be. Kudos to you for helping that advance with more knowledge in anyway possible!

constantly thinking of you ladies and always reading along!!

I will be having surgery next week to remove a giant ovarian cyst. I'm trying to stay calm, but I'm so nervous about disaster striking and me coming this far only to be back to the start again. I'm trying to revive some of the strength that was necessary with LTTTC so that I can get through this next week, and of course you ladies are always an inspiration <3

Bee - you are definetly in my thoughts and will be for the remainder of your pregnancy. But especially next week. I know it has to be so scary to think about but you are correct that you have already built up so much strength through this process that you can pull from at this time.

Feel free to talk out anything though. I'm more than happy to listen about any and all your fears. I think it's great you've written some of them down in your journal so it can help put them to rest, so to speak.

Bee- I can only imagine the fear you have right now.. We are always here to listen.

hey ladies. Sorry I have been so quiet. This is not an easy week for me. Every day my fb is giving me memories of last year when I had just found out I was pregnant. Which will culminate to my post around Sept 12 when I announced the mc.

I never got my smiley face on my CB digi opks. I tested all the way through cd 20. Twice a day most days and 3 times on cd 20. The lines on the stick don't mean much but they did get darker on cd 18 and 19 and then back to super light on cd 20. So if I did ovulate I think it was cd 20 and maybe I had a short surge in the middle of the night. OR I didn't ovulate at all which is why I never caught a surge. I go for my progesterone test Tuesday. I will know for sure then. But I am not optimistic. If I didn't ovulate on this medicated cycle (and I am not sick so there is no reason why I shouldn't have ovulated), then I know it is IVF next.

hey ladies. Sorry I have been so quiet. This is not an easy week for me. Every day my fb is giving me memories of last year when I had just found out I was pregnant. Which will culminate to my post around Sept 12 when I announced the mc.

I never got my smiley face on my CB digi opks. I tested all the way through cd 20. Twice a day most days and 3 times on cd 20. The lines on the stick don't mean much but they did get darker on cd 18 and 19 and then back to super light on cd 20. So if I did ovulate I think it was cd 20 and maybe I had a short surge in the middle of the night. OR I didn't ovulate at all which is why I never caught a surge. I go for my progesterone test Tuesday. I will know for sure then. But I am not optimistic. If I didn't ovulate on this medicated cycle (and I am not sick so there is no reason why I shouldn't have ovulated), then I know it is IVF next.

Ahh Aayla I hope you did ovulate and that it's a bit of a light in the darkness of this week. I know how difficult this next few weeks will be for you :(

Aayla - hope you did ovulate. I'm glad they test, so you'll know for sure.

hey girls :flower:

hope everyone is doing well!

wanted to keep y'all updated. i had my first anatomy scan yesterday, n looks like my baby boy is doing good! heart, brain, spine, limbs etc all look really nice! I'm 17wks 4days but he's measuring 18wks! i have been a mess about the fact that i never feel him. read about a lot of women feeling there babies as early as 13 wks in second pregnancies but i feel nothing! even laying there during the ultrasound I'm watching him move n didn't feel a thing. tech said it was my placenta being anterior so has extra cushion. i have another apt on the 15th. i will probably be having them every 2wks instead of once a month, due to my history with richiee. happy about that. i will let y'all know how the next one goes!

u ladies r always in my thoughts!

oh yeah, our baby boy has a name as of today.....Rayden Jade :baby:

Yay for a great scan, Richieesmom. Love the name. I wouldn't worry about not feeling anything. The extra cushion makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->